Letters To U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
I know. I didn't finish Birds Eye View yet. I'll get to it again eventually. I had this idea today. Will wait and see where it goes. For now, all the band are with their respective others and I'm not foreseeing any romantic nuances just yet.

Without further ado.. here's we go.

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Not an actual letter. I don't know U2 personally.

--------------------------------

Letters To U2

Dear U2,

Well I suppose I should start with a hello. So hi. There. Now that that's over maybe I ought to do the proper thing and introduce myself. Am I supposed to be nervous whilst writing a letter, especially a letter that probably will never get read by any of your eyes anyway. Who am I kidding? I'll send it to the address in the cd booklet. I'm sure noone has thought of that before. Real brilliant one right here, I tell you. So, maybe the fact that I know that the odds of you folks milling through this are nil to none. In fact, I'm almost betting on the picture I'll get back, pre-signed by you but with the general idea that you all signed it when you read this, that you signed it for me. I am however, not that naive.

So, what's going on? I hear you've an album on the go. That's good. I'll buy it. You know that anyway. Fans buy your records. I consider myself a fan and continue to support you. Through monetary but mostly spiritual means. Oh, I didn't introduce myself did I. How very rude of me. Well, let's just say that my name is Joy.. and I work in a hospital as an overworked and underpaid nurse. The hours are brutal and the days are long and the nights, not long enough. Really, if one of you could ask Bono about his ability to stay perky nearly 24/7 could you please forward the answer onto me. Thanks. Would be great. I live alone in a not so well reputed neighbourhood on the fifth floor of a somewhat scuzzy apartment. Not to worry, my flat is not scuzzy. I make it my point to clean it just to mock the scuzzyness that lurks outside my door. The neighbours, well they're not so bad. They keep to themselves and we all mind our own business as we try to grind through the days and nights. Is this what life is about? Muttling through the fog?

Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I haven't anyone to really vent to, other than the cat and I don't like to put any weight on his furry shoulders. My break is near over, I'll pop this into the mailbox and head back to Seven B3 and go from there.

I really liked the beach clips.

Oh I probably wasn't supposed to say that.

Like you're not aware of them. Sure.

Whatever.

You'll never read this anyway.

Thanks for the music and ... well just.. thanks.

Joy

J, Walker
55 Cedar Valley Crescent
Apt 315

Yes like this alotxx:applaud: Nice and different style. When I started reading it I thought `My god - shes writing about me!x:ohmy:` I`m nurse but live in a house in a not so great neighbourhood.

I hope she gets a reply.........partic about the bit about staying alert 24 hours a day!!x:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom