larry's drums!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tortugahn6.jpg

Rob33 said:
^ whoa yeah that is nice...do you know around what year that picture was taken? and where that was?

umm...regarding the "I should know better" thing..this is my first time in PLEBA so I have no idea what you're talking about sorry haha...on a side note, yeah looking back at my comment, I think you PLEBANs could twist that into something else...if you know what i mean...ok, back to drums!!!!

good pics! thank you, the above view is best i think...but in one of those pics i see a music stand with a piece of paper on it that looks like it has lines of poetry on it, i'm guessing thats the words to the song? but why would larry have that? :huh: i'm confused....

could be a new song or when they have guests on stage or something.

the pic of the view from above is from Vertigo, at least it was saved in my vertigo folders

AND as far as "you should know better" comment, it is nothing bad! it just means that PLEBAns are SO COOL and you will definatelt get what you ask for most of the time.

:) Dont be afraid of PLEBAns we are very nice and we love to share our pics, so dont hesitate to visit us ;)

Last edited:
Rob33 said:
^

umm...regarding the "I should know better" thing..this is my first time in PLEBA so I have no idea what you're talking about sorry haha...on a side note, yeah looking back at my comment, I think you PLEBANs could twist that into something else...if you know what i mean...ok, back to drums!!!!

I didn't mean to offend!!! I merely meant that if you ask me to take a look at Larry's seat... well, you don't have to ask me twice!!! :drool:

Ok, for some reason this thread makes me feel like I am cheating on
my beloved Spark. However, something about Larry and his kit
just makes me :drool:.

That thing that looks a little like a drum, thats placed at an angle, and you can see under the cymbol to the right of the last pic, what is that? Is it a fan?

MooMoo! said:
That thing that looks a little like a drum, thats placed at an angle, and you can see under the cymbol to the right of the last pic, what is that? Is it a fan?
I think so!! drummers always have a fan near

MooMoo! said:

someone has to put Edge out when hes on fire

MooMoo! said:

...or you could be talking about the /other/ thing. In which case, I have no idea. Probably a fan. Yeah, I don't know why I focused on the cowbell thingy. It's got to get hot behind all those amps and whatnot.

Cool pics in here :)

The pic shot from above is either not Larry's kit OR it's from before 1981. Larry has been a Paiste cymbals endorser since then and afaik he never used any other cymbals than that.

uh, it's definately larry's kit, and it looks recent... on the bottom you can clearly see Larry's custom made drumming chair, with the tissuebox on it...
Hinder said:
^ So I'm not the only one who goes, "Is it just me, or is he missing a few drums?"
I have that too... he's missing a tom! Standard drumkits have two little toms above the bass/kickdrum... Larry has only 1.. I guess he doesn't use the other one.. :shrug:

Last edited:
Larry's used only the one rack tom since the October tour. The Premier kit that was at the R&R HOF and his original Tama Fibre Star kit were the only two he used to rack toms (12" and 13", if memory serves)

Around the October tour he took off the 13" from the Tama kit and had his Yamaha kits in this familar configuration since. Only difference from October thru The Joshua Tree tour he'd had a piccolo snare to his left of the hi-hat. From Unforgettable Fire on it alternated during the show between the piccolo snare and the extra floor tom.

Cymbals - Larry's been a Paiste endorser for ages BUT he did have a few Zildjian cymbals early on. But he was all Paiste by the War tour.

The two bigger pics from behind Larry's kit are from Brady drums site. They are recent pics from the Vertigo tour.

Edge_Orchestra said:
Larry's used only the one rack tom since the October tour. The Premier kit that was at the R&R HOF and his original Tama Fibre Star kit were the only two he used to rack toms (12" and 13", if memory serves)

Around the October tour he took off the 13" from the Tama kit and had his Yamaha kits in this familar configuration since. Only difference from October thru The Joshua Tree tour he'd had a piccolo snare to his left of the hi-hat. From Unforgettable Fire on it alternated during the show between the piccolo snare and the extra floor tom.

Cymbals - Larry's been a Paiste endorser for ages BUT he did have a few Zildjian cymbals early on. But he was all Paiste by the War tour.

The two bigger pics from behind Larry's kit are from Brady drums site. They are recent pics from the Vertigo tour.

Didn't know Larry used a Brady snare. The JT set was a yamaha set with a timbale mounted next to the rack tom. Usually he used a left floor tom but it would get switched out during WTSHNN and placed with a 13" Ludwig piccolo snare with the snare wires turned off. You can see this in the Rattle and Hum video. His main snare on that tour was a Yamaha Piccolo snare model SD-493. 14"x3.5" I bought one right after RH came out and stupidly sold it about three years after. They don't make them anymore and had to get one off ebay. I'm pretty sure he still has the left floor tom next to his hi-hat. I can't see any of the pictures on this thread since they point to a site I can't access at work.
What's weird is that he never used a ride cymbal from I think TUF up until ATYCLB.

The timbale was part of the kit on The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree tours. It's main use is for the drum part on A Sort of Homecoming. (Only thng I ever seen him use it for)

Also for that song, another piccolo snare was set up to Larry's right of the timbale/above the floor tom. The main drum figure for ASOH being played on the floor tom with the accents on the timbale and piccolo snare.

Back
Top Bottom