In Australia (Gold Coast) 1 November 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sigh: There is just too much estrogen around here. It simply reeks of it, and we're all turning into bitches on account of it.

And yes, I'm going to step up and act like a self-appointed mod, because I know what it's like to moderate a forum like this, and I know how to dole out the advice.

Raise your hand if you're sick of the drama around here? I am. I have a feeling most of us are. Sure, the occasional idiotic troll is fun to mess with, especially when we all team up and get along, if only to crush someone else. But the incredibly pointless drama that seems to always crop up on here gets old really fast.

Is it so hard to be mature and agree to disagree? Is it so impossible to bite your tongue and let someone else's apparent transgressions pass by? Calling people out on it merely riles everyone up and creates more drama. If you want the drama to stop, then stop feeding it. Somebody can come along and try their damnedest to start drama, but if there's no reaction to it, then there's no drama.

That said, this entire post is probably hypocritical on my part. But hey, you don't have to listen to me, I'm not a mod. All I can do is offer some (maybe not quite friendly) advice and hope that maybe somebody will listen.

I've done this before, though I'm sure I was friendlier about it before. I like PLEBA. I enjoy browsing and posting. I was enjoying this thread. But in a lot of ways PLEBA is more annoying than EYKIW. Sure, people argue in EYKIW, but it's much more mature arguing. Here, everyone gets their panties in a twist over completely trivial stuff. I'm gonna try to make this the last time I go into a rant about this. It's simply not worth it.

Not that this gives me any more right to add my two cents than anyone else, but I've been a PLEBAN for almost six years now and these things really tend to come and go. Also, it's not really worth pointing out who posts where and how many times and when. Many people like myself do actually read every thread, but are mostly lurkers. Many people like myself have been around a LOT longer than join dates or post counts indicate. There's no use pointing fingers based on Internet statistics. Best not to make a mountain out of a molehill. I've been reading through this thread and honestly am puzzled as to how these catfights even got started.

it perplexes me as well...:shrug: I have been around a long time too and don't get the drama. Frankly there is really no need for it. This is not a competition and no one is the "queen of pleba" either. We are all here for our favorite 4 irish lads and their music and that's it..:wink:

Just drop it people for gawd's sake..:banghead:

Galeongirl said:

Yes, matter of factly I am, now bow down before I petrify you with my glare....

:eyebrow: Do you REALLY think this as the truth??

Why do I get blamed for saying ONE little thing to Jamila while most people bash her non-stop? I've nothing against her, it's only annoying sometimes that her messages are huge...

And why are you commenting on my comments on YDW? It's so obviously a joke, for gods sake, why take it serious? I love YDW, and I'd never say something like that seriously! She understood my message...
Can't we have inside jokes anymore in this place? :banghead:

I really hate to come in here but I do need to clear a couple of things up:

Galeongirl and I were messing with each other. If you go onto the fanfic site you will see the banter that has been going on between us. It wasn't an inside joke as such and it's in fanfic for all to see.

Also, I'd like to thank you MsPurrl for coming to my rescue. You're very kind but as you can see, GG and I weren't being rude to each other.

And if for some reason, I've inadvertantly caused a part of this arguement, then I can only apologise. It wasn't intentional.

:hug:

Thank you for clearing that up, YDW; I was wrong. Some of us are not able to be on here day and night, reading every topic in every thread, so we are not always aware of what is going on in other threads and topic; all we know is what we see.

Sorry I ruffled some feathers. As my dear departed mother used to say, "If you throw a shoe into a pack of dogs, the one that gets hit yells the loudest."

From U2.com

'Blowing out of control on a breeze'

The band are in Brisbane, Australia rehearsing songs for Tuesday's opening night of the final leg of the Vertigo Tour. The anticipation is building!

Tuesday's show will be the first since the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina back in early March but nine months on tonight's run-through - their first time rehearsing back on the stadium stage - was right back in the groove. There was even a hint of new songs for the set this time around - they worked on a lovely version of Kite tonight.

'In summer I can taste the salt in the sea
There's a kite blowing out of control on a breeze
I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me...'

The Elevation Tour didn't make it here so it will be the first time that audiences in Australia, New Zealand and Japan will have heard songs from the last two albums live. Unsurprisingly, the anticipation is building big time with fans outside the stadium yelling their delight tonight.

More news as we get it.

1_rehersals2-nov06.jpg

1_rehersals1-nov06.jpg

Kite :drool: :hyper:

MsPurrl said:
Thank you for clearing that up, YDW; I was wrong. Some of us are not able to be on here day and night, reading every topic in every thread, so we are not always aware of what is going on in other threads and topic; all we know is what we see.

Sorry I ruffled some feathers. As my dear departed mother used to say, "If you throw a shoe into a pack of dogs, the one that gets hit yells the loudest."

:hug:

By the way, I like what your mother used to say, :lol: It's so very true...

gluey said:

no bugger it!!! A friend bought our tickets and thought she was doing good by getting b reserve....down the back side.....boohoo....but at least I'll be there...... :hyper:....are you going to try and meet them??? I've got to give Bono my Bonosapian book which Effanbee has kindly made up for me!! Don't know where to go or how to hunt them down...got all day saturday to devote to it.....

My positive thoughts are with you gluey! Come on Pleabans and lurkers of Pleabans, send your positive thoughts gluey's way!:hug:

Cassandra said:

My positive thoughts are with you gluey! Come on Pleabans and lurkers of Pleabans, send your positive thoughts gluey's way!:hug:

Thanks Cassandra :hug: I'm getting a good feeling about this....taking my hat that Bono wore, so hopefully after 13yrs I can finally get it signed!!!

last unicorn said:
. including the band he has worked with since his working-class youth in Dublin, through to the fans who love and respect U2's music.
:lol: "working class", sorry Bono, you're as middle class as they come!

I met Bono and Edge on Friday at ANZ stadium!!

I was so close to Bono! I asked for a photo but he couldnt get out of the car cuz it was raining and his doctor didnt want him to catch a cold. He apologized and called me darling and held my hand! He was so sweet!

I also got to shake Edge's hand!!

That's soooooo cool!!!! Wow, it's all getting so real!!! You've got this little kiwi dancing with excitement and anticipation of the boys finally making it here!!

gluey said:

Thanks Cassandra :hug: I'm getting a good feeling about this....taking my hat that Bono wore, so hopefully after 13yrs I can finally get it signed!!!

gluey I was going to ask you if you were bringing the hat!!

Good luck! Maybe this time you'll get that photo! :hyper: !!

gluey said:

Bring a silver sharpie or a silver fabric pen and make sure you shake the fabric pen before use.These worked the best.
(I tested some pens before).

Soul sistah, I feel its gonna happen for you! sending every vibe I have your way!!!

^^ Thanks for the tip JC!!! I hadn't even thought that far ahead!!! The silver would be best against the dark blue fabric!!! I knew we were friends for a reason!! :hug:
I'm getting wicked butterflies!!!!

gluey said:
^^ Thanks for the tip JC!!! I hadn't even thought that far ahead!!! The silver would be best against the dark blue fabric!!! I knew we were friends for a reason!! :hug:
I'm getting wicked butterflies!!!!

I'm getting butterflies for U!!!!

*incoherent garbled noises*

OMG!
I've had these wonderful butterflies for the last few days, I AM SEEING THEM IN 19 DAYS!! I'm so glad to see everything all happening and coming together!!!!

I'm feeling really positive about meeting them too! I want Edgie to sign my Music Rising top :drool:
OMG!! This is all so awesome!! Thanks for the pics everyone :bow:

From The West Australian:

U2 getting vertigo at Dreamworld
6th November 2006, 14:31 WST

Irish supergroup U2 is preparing for its Australian tour opener by taking on theme park thrill rides and getting up close to a Bengal tiger.

The band, which will resume its Vertigo world tour on Tuesday night after an eight-month postponement, risked a dose of vertigo by taking on the scariest rides at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast.

Frontman Bono, guitarist The Edge, bass player Adam Clayton and drummer Larry Mullen Jnr had the theme park to themselves late on Saturday night.

The four 40-somethings took time off from rehearsals to try such thrill rides as the Giant Drop, Wipeout, Tower of Terror, the Cyclone Rollercoaster and The Claw.

They were also treated to an up close encounter with 12-year-old Bengal tiger Mohan on the theme park's Tiger Island.

U2, which hasn't played a concert in Australia since early 1998, has been based on the Gold Coast since last Wednesday, with the band members regularly mixing with fans outside their luxury hotel.

Around 50,000 people are expected at the Queensland Sports and Athletics Centre (formerly the ANZ Stadium) in Brisbane's south for Tuesday's tour opener.

The band's last major concert was at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires in early March.

The group flew from there to Sydney but headed home without playing a show after a band member's relative became ill.

Since they last toured Australia, U2 has produced two of its most critically acclaimed albums - All That You Can't Leave Behind and How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

Material from a new album expected to be released next year - including a cover of Scottish punk band The Skids' The Saints Are Coming and a new track Window In The Skies - could be sampled on Australian audiences.

U2 is being supported by Grammy Award winning hip hop artist Kanye West.

Meanwhile, British Prime Minister Tony Blair has said in a UK radio interview that U2's 1987 hit Where The Streets Have No Name is his favourite song of all time.

Said to be about division and violence in Ireland, the song is still regularly part of U2's concert set-list.

U2 will play at Sydney's Telstra Stadium on Friday and Saturday nights before heading to Adelaide, Melbourne and then New Zealand.
------

Hehehe, would be so cute to see the guys on rides :lol:

19 days till I see 'em - sadly can't get too excited yet, I'm too freaked out about my uni exams :-(

It's going to be very hard tomorrow night. I'm here in Brissy and was going to the concert here, but I have an exam at 8am Wednesday! But it'll be great to see them in my hometown of Melb at their final Oz concert...but yeah, it's just going to suck tomorrow night - me sitting cramming economics while 40 mins away the vertigo tour resumes!! :(

Back
Top Bottom