if bono, edge, adam and larry were just ordinary guys...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:
doubt it

whenever i'm really attracted to a guy it's not usually upon first glance :shrug: the men of u2 are all attractive in their own ways (i'm not so attracted to adam and i can't like larry when people say he looks like kevin bacon) but none of them are conventionally attractive imo, like in a way that would make me go "omg cute guy!!" larry and edge when they were younger, maybe

I have to agree with many of you, especially AtomicBono (great name, by the way!).

Bono - only if we made eye contact and he spoke to me so I could see how full of it he was. I'd look for an excuse to talk to him.

Larry - he's pretty; yeah, I'd notice but not do anything but look and go on my way.

Adam - I'd think he was a middle-aged accountant.

Edge - if we interacted somehow so I'd get a hint of the kind, intelligent man he is. Then I'd want to talk to him casually if it was smooth to do so.

If they were all talking I'd look. I'm a sucker for an irish accent.
I would also look at Bono. I like the short interesting looking guys with big noses!(hey , I just described my husband!)

I'm a sucker for men with butt chins and thin lips...and Irish men at that...with Irish accents (they are the best accents in the world!)

So I'd definitely take a second lookie-loo.

Anji said:
If he was plain old Paul Hewson, my plan of abduction would be easier :wink:

Of course I would turn around :yes: :drool: Paul Hewson or Bono, the man's da bomb :drool:

Paul Hewson yes , I would definitely turn just for his chin .

And since this thread is in pleba .

here it is . :drool:

PDVD_169.jpg

Are we talking the way they look now, or say...20 or so years ago?

I'd assume they were married or have girlfriends and keep walking.

The first time I saw the Beautiful Day video, I thought they were all good looking guys. Did think Bono was a bit of a goof. I especially noticed Adam because of his glasses, and the large shiny tuning knobs on his bass.

(I wasn't a U2 fan then, so didn't know who they were, but I liked the song the few times I heard it on the radio, and I had to see the video credits at the end to finally see who did that song).

normal_u2uf.jpg

However, if say, I was walking past them and they looked like this...I would've turned to look a few times at all of them, but Adam would've gotten my phone number.

;)

Last edited:
Oh HELL no :barf: I'd be all like "Get away from me, you NON-rock stars!" :no:

Last edited:
I'd look. But if I heard them speaking, or saw them wearing something about Ireland (a football shirt or whatever), then I'd definitely approach them to find out where they were from. Especially if Bono was still near Ballymun. Then I'd buy them a drink or something. Ballymun is mah hood g. Gotta represent!

Of course, if I were already inebriated then I'd be a bit more....forward in my approach.

I've got my head in the clouds most of the time so I probably wouldn't even notice if a Johnny Depp look alike walked past.

I had a work mate though who in the early 80s was in a pub in London and couldn't help noticing a group of Irish men sitting nearby. She said they weren't especially good looking but there was something about them that made them stand out, particularly a certain brown haired one who was talking non stop and had a magnetism about him. She didn't know who they were but a couple of days later she was watching Top of the Pops and the penny dropped :wink:

So four Irish guys walk into a bar in say, Ann Arbor or Cambridge.

Bono would be the loud, cackling guy surrounded by a bunch of pals, so I'd probably look over to see who was making all the noise and be entertained by his joie de vivre.

Edge would be the man sitting at the bar having a long chat with the tweed-jacketed professor next to him about amniogenesis or some such subject. I would be entranced by the tone of his voice and the green eyes and try to eavesdrop.

Larry looks like Becks so sure, of course, you'd take a glance to see what was up, but given that all the other women in the bar would also be trying to get his attention, I'd let them go first.

Adam would be at a table in the back nursing coffee or a Perrier and give me a nod as I walked by to the ladies'. But I wouldn't necessarily think anything of it, since he'd obviously be waiting for a guest to arrive.

U2Man said:
...that weren't in any rock band or famous in any way, just completely common people, and you passed one of them on the street one day, dressed up in ordinary clothes...would you turn around?

:no: We all know the only reason U2 is hot is beacues they are U2. No one could really find those guys attractive.:yikes:

:happy: *sarcasm

Ok seriously. When I was about 20 and Boy came out, I wasn't attracted to Bono, I thought he had scarey eyes. But Now I look back at those pics and he was pretty cute. I guess my prefrences have changed. I think he's a very attractive man now though, even if he was a bricklayer. yes.

U2man, why are you so bored? Any hobbies?

I guess that I'd just follow Bono walking, and the rest I wouldn't notice... but then again, they'd be wayyyy too old for me if they weren't rich rock stars :happy:

Galeongirl said:
U2man, why are you so bored? Any hobbies?

I guess that I'd just follow Bono walking, and the rest I wouldn't notice... but then again, they'd be wayyyy too old for me if they weren't rich rock stars :happy:

Age is just a number GG...besides if you find someone who you love and that man loves you- nothing eles should matter.

Are you sure you would just follow "regular guy" Bono around?:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom