I was bored. So I drew a picture...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Quote from jezsnape) "I think I know what you mean, but there's actually two very logical explanations for that... I copied the contours from a photo... Also, I've been trying my hand at drawing manga recently (like for the past three years) so this was actually the first non manga I drew for years... Ah, anyway, when drawing manga, it's all about thick contours, which is a bi*ch when trying to draw a normal picture... Ah, yeah... End of lecture... "

I forgot to use the quote feature... anyways....

Ha! No problem on the lecture! It makes sense though if you've been doing mostly manga, that explains it! Have you ever manga-ized U2? Interesting idea! :giggle:

PS. is your name a Harry Potter reference?

Last edited:
Haha, I have tried to do it, however, Edge is the only one really recognizable. I can see if I could upload one of those pictured later today, if you'd like. And yeah, my name is a HP reference, just before I registered here, I was on a HP site, and they wouldn't take my usual name (I usually try to get Tezz, or any variations of it), so this was stuck in my head... My real name is Therese...

JezSnape said:
Haha, I have tried to do it, however, Edge is the only one really recognizable. I can see if I could upload one of those pictured later today, if you'd like. And yeah, my name is a HP reference, just before I registered here, I was on a HP site, and they wouldn't take my usual name (I usually try to get Tezz, or any variations of it), so this was stuck in my head... My real name is Therese...

Sure that would be great if you'd like to share your other artwork. I like seeing all kinds of styles of art, especially of U2!

Well your name here caught my eye because Snape is my favorite HP character. (yes I know most everyone hates him, but good or bad I think he's awesome :p heehee)

bonocomet said:

Sure that would be great if you'd like to share your other artwork. I like seeing all kinds of styles of art, especially of U2!

Well your name here caught my eye because Snape is my favorite HP character. (yes I know most everyone hates him, but good or bad I think he's awesome :p heehee)

Yeah, I just love him too. And I adore Alan Rickman, so it all works out for the best. I like when people like Snape, most of my friends who has ever read HP or seen a movie doesn't like him... anyway, I'm gonna go see if I can find one of those drawings...

JezSnape said:

Yeah, I just love him too. And I adore Alan Rickman, so it all works out for the best. I like when people like Snape, most of my friends who has ever read HP or seen a movie doesn't like him... anyway, I'm gonna go see if I can find one of those drawings...

Ah very cool! I fell in love with Alan Rickman when his 1st movie came out (Die Hard) and have loved him ever since! (And he was an awfully bad guy in that one! Hmmmmmm....:eyebrow: guess I got a weakness for that :ohmy: )

oooh generalGripWeed, I totally forgot uploading that vid :reject:
I'm uploading it while speeking... prolly done in few minutes...
and yesh, fly vid is very sexy, but not sexiest.. that would be EBTTRT(few points, Bono humping Edge, nice 'view' .. the song is dead-sexy...)

ok here you go
http://s50.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1AHCPD2O5JS6L0K01JBJX6AD2W

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
oooh generalGripWeed, I totally forgot uploading that vid :reject:
I'm uploading it while speeking... prolly done in few minutes...
and yesh, fly vid is very sexy, but not sexiest.. that would be EBTTRT(few points, Bono humping Edge, nice 'view' .. the song is dead-sexy...)

ok here you go
http://s50.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1AHCPD2O5JS6L0K01JBJX6AD2W

Well actually..... theres a pretty sexy moment between Edge & Bono in the Fly also... Near the end of the video... we see Edge start a guitar riff/flash to Bono's face watching and a really wicked grin comes on his face/back to Edge staring back and wow Edge those are some sexy moves there!/back to Bono who lets out a little moan....

ok that was a sexy moment... see if you catch it!

bonocomet said:

Well actually..... theres a pretty sexy moment between Edge & Bono in the Fly also... Near the end of the video... we see Edge start a guitar riff/flash to Bono's face watching and a really wicked grin comes on his face/back to Edge staring back and wow Edge those are some sexy moves there!/back to Bono who lets out a little moan....

ok that was a sexy moment... see if you catch it!

:D I know, I just like the hump in EBTTRT better :wink:

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SOOO MUCH Galeongirl!!! I'll love you forever. :bow:

Snape has always been one of my favorite Harry Potter characters. Everyone turned against him in the last book, but I still love him!

GeneralGripweed said:
Snape has always been one of my favorite Harry Potter characters. Everyone turned against him in the last book, but I still love him! [/B]

SnapeLoreal.gif

woot! Snape lovers yeah!! :D

Ok, so here's one manga thingy... It's tricky though, 'cause the style I draw in (chibi) every person sort of has the same face, and then you "decorate" it with characteristics(sp?), and... Adam does not really have any! Ah well, look for yourselves...

manga.jpg

I totally loved Snape in the last book btw! Especially like... the last three hundred pages!

GeneralGripweed said:
SNAPEWHOOHOO.gif

Very nice Jezsnape! I especially like Adam. :D
Snape applauds you!

Yay! Imagine that, I managed to make something the potions master approves of! Maybe I should try to give Harry some pointers, eh?
Thank you!

JezSnape said:
Hi, guys! I know it's a bit later than everyone elses, but I was a bit nervous about taking put my pencils again. Here's my drawing, and it actually turned out pretty good, or at least I think so...

edge006.jpg

OMG, that's perfect!
his eyes and the shape of his face..wow, great done :applaud:

JezSnape said:
Hi, guys! I know it's a bit later than everyone elses, but I was a bit nervous about taking put my pencils again. Here's my drawing, and it actually turned out pretty good, or at least I think so...

edge006.jpg

^His eyes are so open and adorable :love: Even more so than in the original picture

:up: x infinity

ok I continued my RS Fly Bono pic today... and I'm still sketchnig a bit ... I could use some tips because I have a feeling *something* Isn't right in the pic... and I can't see what.... every bit of critic is welcome, but remember, it's just a scetch!
I know it's crap quality pic.. I don't have a digicam, this is made with a sucky webcam!
rollingstoneflypicsketch5zt.jpg

Well I think if you keep going & add more it will be fine, but my 1st thought was Lou Reed! Ha! Sorry, but keep going, maybe it's the jaw, is Bono's more narrow? Sorry I'm no expert!

bonocomet said:
Well I think if you keep going & add more it will be fine, but my 1st thought was Lou Reed! Ha! Sorry, but keep going, maybe it's the jaw, is Bono's more narrow? Sorry I'm no expert!
dunno how lou reed looks like.. and I don't know how many times I've erased and redrawed that jaw! I just can't get it right!
thats why I'm saving his mouth for last.... the toughest part!
also, this is the original pic:
bonocoverrollingstone0im.jpg

:drool: Can you imagine how incredibly distracting it is to draw this???? I mean,... I am a very low concentrated person... and I found myself staring at the pic without drawing for more than a minute several times today.... :angel:

Oh... There is this one thing, that I want to point out, but I don't really know how to describe it in English, so please GG, bear with me... The picture is great, and when you're finished with it, it'll probably look just brilliant. The one thing I'm thinking about is the line that goes from his nose, on the left side of his face (our right)... in the drawing it ends on the middle of his jaw, while in the picture the line flows into his jawline... ah, f*ck it, I don't know if you understand what the hell I'm talking about, but even if you don't change it, it will probably sort itself out when you shade... sorry to ramble... :reject:

Here's Lou Reed... this isn't the best photos but just in general if you knew what he looks like, your pic as it is now resembles him! But keep working on it. I'm sure it will be Bono in no time! :)
LouReed1.jpg
loureed2.jpg

Hi... I've been admiring everyone's artwork and thought I would post a couple of my own sketches, and see what you think =)

bono_3.jpg

From the cover of Bono in Conversation, I did this one late last year. There's something I can't quite pinpoint that's wrong with it (around his chin, I think) but it was the first picture I'd done of a real person in a while.

bono111705.jpg

Again, not quite right, but it's closer.

And one more, because Bono is fun to draw...
bono112405.jpg

^:bow: I think the thing with the first one is that you gave Bono more hair than he has :lol: I :heart: the second one-is it JT era? Cuz it reminds me so much of the WOWY video, with the dark background :wink:

Those are excellent edibleflowers. I can't shade for crap, and you make it look so easy.

And GaleonGirl, can't wait to see your finished piece, I think it looks great already. (I'm working on another Edge painting, hopefully I'll get that done before too long.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom