I Got The Puppy!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I know this should probably go in my journal...but I need your help!!!

I just got a call from the pound and I GOT THE PUPPY!!!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*spins around in chair* (which is the equivalent to the happy dance if you are a gimp)

But anyway...here she is

70r%207-2.jpg

ISN'T SHE SWEET!!! I :heart: her.

Anyway...SHE NEEDS A NAME!!! Preferably before I bring her home (Friday)

I like Molly but Jeramee doesn't...so I have no clue...it can't be anything related to U2...TRUST ME...that is Jeramees first question!!! LOL.

She is 4 months old and is a Beagle Mix...so she will be a small dog so keep that in mind...

I also like Lola...but I don't know if she will fit that name...LOL

I want it to be something kind of cute but not like "trixie" cute...LMAO

AM I MAKING SENSE?

HAHAH I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Also...have any of you ever adopted a dog from the pound? How did that go? Any tips? She is REALLY shy. But soooooo sweet.

Oh heck...we might as well make this an animal thread...we haven't had one in atleast...a month...LOL...but yeah any tips would be appreciated!!!

:)

awww I like Molly or Lola!! Congrats on getting the doggie. I am getting a doggie this weekend his name is Jasper(sorry I cant upload or attach the photo :( )

LOL don't worry Olive in my heart she will always be Lola...LOL

Maybe Lola will be her middle name...LOL

She'll end up like on of Bono's kids...LMAO

Molly Lola Hewson Lucy Q

:lol:

FishNeedsABicycle said:
Also...have any of you ever adopted a dog from the pound? How did that go? Any tips? She is REALLY shy. But soooooo sweet.

Oh heck...we might as well make this an animal thread...we haven't had one in atleast...a month...LOL...but yeah any tips would be appreciated!!!

:)

Aww she is really cute. I got my second dog, Candy, from the pound. From what I remember, I was in kindergarten, it went really well. She was also VERY shy when we picked her out. Thats the reason we got her because she was the only puppy who wasnt barking at us. But as soon as we got her in the car she bounced all around and happy. She was prolly one the best doggies in the world...

Now I am gonna cry cause I miss her...I think I will go hug my three hyperactive puppies.

Maggie is always a cute name for a dog. (I saw a pet name book at a pet store, I wish I bought it for things like this!)

Aww anyway good luck with the new puppy...my tip: give her lots and lots and lots (enough lots?) of hugs. And if she isnt already house broken stock up on lots of carpet cleaner and paper towels and newspapers. (the worse part of new dogs is the accidents...lol)

Oooooooooo GOOD LIST!

Top 5 so far...

In no particular order...

1. Lola
2. Molly
3. Roxy
4. Sophie
5. Emma

I know potty training is gonna be tough...especially since I am on crutches, but hopefully Jeramee will be patient.

:dance:ing in my head

LMAO @ the "Q"

FishNeedsABicycle said:
Oooooooooo GOOD LIST!

Top 5 so far...

In no particular order...

1. Lola
2. Molly
3. Roxy
4. Sophie
5. Emma

I know potty training is gonna be tough...especially since I am on crutches, but hopefully Jeramee will be patient.

:dance:ing in my head

I :heart: Roxy!!!!!!!!!!!

don't use Sophie (i wanna use that when i have a daughter :laugh: ) :reject:

here's a pic of my dog, Moses :tongue:
moses.jpg

I like Roxy too! :yes:

I dont have any real similar stories to share since cats are different, but Zoey adjusted fine within the first couple of days.. and usually dogs (I would think) adjust easier.

My dog's name is Molly :heart:

As for her shyness, she may perk up once she's out of the shelter, but I think puppy obedience classes are great for any puppy. It helps them build confidence and also socializes them with other dogs. Manners are a good thing. :up:

well, my best friend's daughter's name is emma, so that doesn't have dog connotations to me, but i like sophie or cassey or abby...

congrats!!

FNAB...LMAO

HAHAHAH You know...there was a time back in my newbie days when my nickname teetered on a very thin line between FNABI and Fishy...LOL... I had forgotten about Fnabi...LOL

Pronounced Fah-nah-Bee

LOL

*cracked out*

No I haven't decided on a name, Jeramee says we have to wait until we have her for a few days to see what her personality is going to be like...

We go to pick her up tonight!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I am SO EXCITED!!!

Be prepared for LOTS of pics!!!

How about Lucy.

(Snoopy was a Beagle, but since she's a she I thought Lucy might make sense.) :slant:

She looks really cute. We got both out dogs from the pound and they were/are both mutts. Mutts are the best!!! :)

We got her home!

She is soooooooo sweet but soooooooooo active...

She likes to pounce like a cat and play hide and seek...lol

She hides behind the couch and then comes dashing out at full speed and pounces on whoever is nearest...

SO CUTE.

She doesn't have a name yet, but we're workin on it. Everything so far has been really easy, she dances by the door when she has to go out (thank god) and she loves her crate, she goes in it to take naps!!!

I am really excited about the crate thing because I've never crated a dog before and to me it seemed kind of cruel, but since she went in on her own I feel a lot better about it.

I took lots of pics but I forgot my camera, so maybe tomorrow!

She has Kennel Cough but we are taking her to the vet to get that taken care of, poor girl wheezes when she gets excited and then kind of dry heaves so we have to keep her calm.

I LOVE HER...now she just needs a name.

Awww she is just precious! Those gorgeous eyes! :love:

A name is always the hardest thing, isn't it? My dog went without a name for about 3 months after we got her ... she was just "Puppy" until she was christened Tarky. She's a Belgian shepherd ... and my baby! :D

I like the suggestions of everyone else though! She looks like a Molly to me, but if that's a no-go, I like Jemma or Jenna ... that's what I wanted to name Tarky but no one else liked it!

FishNeedsABicycle, that's great news! Your puppy is absolutely darling! :cute: times infinity

Same with your dog, Olive.

My family's never adopted a dog from the pound. I'd love to do that, though (course, it'd be really hard to pick one, I always feel so bad for those dogs, and I'd just want to take all of them home).

Out of our dogs-the girls' names were Coco and Brandy, so there's a couple of other suggestions...Brandy is probably a better choice out of the two.

Or you could just go with tiny dancer's list...I like the suggestions there, there's some good ideas.

Angela

FISHY!!!!! i feel like such a bum seeing this just now! i know you were thinking about a westie a while ago. oh, she is so sweet!!

we got my dog from the pound too. he's a mutt and has the sweetest personality and is very well behaved. we caged him for a while when we first had him. we actually had the cage in the middle of a room, but kinda sideways against the wall, so the door wasn't facing the center of the room. (there's a point to this, lol) anyway, when we got rid of the cage a while later but kept the bed there, for the first week or so he kept circling the bed and getting in it from where the door used to be. it was too funny. :)

since this is such an old thread, how's it going with her now? :)

Back
Top Bottom