Grammy rehearsals today! Guess who's going? ;-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
icon_007.gif

:lmao: Lila those similes are too funny.

This is the latest update from U2.com

Gearing Up For Grammy Night

The band were on stage at The Staples Centre in Los Angeles yesterday, running through songs for the big show tonight. Edge spent the morning in rehearsals with Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen and others preparing for a special Grammy focus on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

On stage after six weeks off, U2 looked rested and happy to be back at the day job. Adam was in shades, Edge in a very cool 'Music Rising' t-shirt and Bono playing his favourite 'The Goal is Soul' guitar.

Without giving too much away, when Mary J Blige joined them on stage for 'One' you sensed that the roof will get a little raising come the live show. U2 and Mary went through the song plenty of times just to get it spot on. 'A pleasure to work with Mary J,' said the singer when they finally called it a day.

Later on Bono was on camera with Ellen Degeneres for her show, before some MTV filming. In the evening it was time to big it up for Mr Chris Blackwell who was presented with the Trustees Award at the Grammy Special Merit Awards. Blackwell was the man who founded and ran Island Records for many years - and signed you know who back in 1978.

'Thank you for being the pilot of the U2 aeroplane,' as Bono put it. 'We wouldn't be here without you.'

From this you really can't tell now what else they'll play if anything. Although it does say the band was on stage running through songs.

Oh God, how many hours left. :crazy:

Does anyone know if the ceremony will be shown here in the UK? I have a feeling I'll miss it (as I do most things with U2, lol).

That mentioned everybody but Larry. Hmph. Larry? Yoohoo! Come out of hiding, lad!

ntalwar said:
COBL was also nominated - so that could be it. Hopefully, they'll do the confetti drop.

I would love to see them do this! I sure hope so. One thing for sure is that they won't be doing Sometimes because it was performed already last year. However, the rumor of Vertigo is cool... It is a tough call.. I think COBL would be amazing and blow the audience away especially with the confetti. But on the other hand, Vertigo would sure rock da house! OY VEY MAMA!...:huh:

I CAN'T WAIT TILL TONITE..:dance: :hyper: :hyper: :crazy:

Vertigo is a much better song at getting everyone going than COBL, though. Much as I like it. Vertigo kicks ass!

First of all

Willie Williams is back!!! :hyper: :hyper:

And I know we have plenty of confirmation about 2 songs... but just in case

From there to OneDotZero where Sam and Luke are working on the tour video visuals which was much more cheerful. U2 now get to do two songs at the Grammys, so we’re making the background material for that and its all coming together nicely.

:hyper:

I knew you'd be all excited... I almost said something about it!!

Willie!! :love:

Miroslava said:
I knew you'd be all excited... I almost said something about it!!

Willie!! :love:

:hug:

I'm always so shocked to find actual news on u2.com . It happens maybe 2 times a year so its really a special moment:wink:

ntalwar said:

Backstage.

:giggle: is it just me or is B's hat in a very strange positioN??? it looks way to high on his head, like somebody is lifting it :lol:

thanks all for the pics! I can't wait! (not that I can see it here.. since the -BLEEEEEEEP-s here aren't airing it.... sometimes I hate to live in dutchieland....

Update, Feb. 8: Word on the street is that U2 rehearsed "Vertigo" and "One" (with Mary J. Blige) on Tuesday, which would confirm previous reports that those are the songs U2 will play.

I hope Vertigo rocks extra hard tonight to make up for MJB:wink:

Altho, I shouldnt' say that. Maybe the One duet will be good too, I just am not the biggest fan of mjb...

Great.. just GREAT!
I just got our new tvguide for coming week... till friday 17th.... NOTHING! NO GRAMMIES! NOWHERE!!
:scream: I Wanna see it!
not fair!

Where's Atomic Lemon today? Is she attending the Grammys? Details woman!

On the radio now... Love & Peace or ELSE! :dance:

Lila64 said:
Where's Atomic Lemon today? Is she attending the Grammys? Details woman!

Yes! I'll be there to see :larry:, :adam:, :bono: & :edge: !!

Looking forward to seeing Madonna and The Gorillaz open the show too, it's going to be pretty spectacular.

:ohmy: WHOA...Madonna and Gorillaz together should be nice!!!

I cannot wait to see U2:drool:

LAPOE:rockon:

Are they showing the Grammies here in the UK, I searched for it in my Sky programmes list, but I couldn't find it.... They better show it :sad:

Does anyone know what's happening Red Carpet-wise?
Usually there's a lengthy show featuring the arrivals, but I can't see anything listed on any of the usual channels in my area. There's only a half-hour program just before the awards.
Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom