Even Better Than The Real Thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VicksSs

Refugee
Hey PLEBANs!! This mad person writing to you just came back from school and decided to watch the EBTTRT video in slow motion :lol: AAAND discovered all those words appearing are from an article presumably criticizing U2's and mostly Bono's preformance during Zoo TV. Here's the fragment that I could transcribe, there's also a bit more, but I hope this'll do it:

"(..) everybody to size up.
He seems like his contemptuous of his audience. When he sings "take me higher" during 'Even Better Than The Real Thing', he phrases it like a command as if the crowd have a duty to entertain him. On the same song, there's a line "my heart is where it's always been", and while (...)"

Another fragment tells about a boy from the audience giving Bono the first thing he had in his pocket, which happens to be a one dollar bill, and Bono answers him something like "You're giving me money! You've already given me a lot of that!"

It also realtes the whole thing Bono did of kissing the camera and directing his lens towards his crotch, it says something about a "PVC-covered package" :giggle:

Alright, so the question is: anybody got this article??? Pictures mostly, but transcription would be OK :) Is it even popular?? :hmm: Thanks grlz (and boys :laugh: )!!!!

wow you must've been really bored :giggle:

never seen it this way... I'm pretty interested inthe article! maybe googling it will work?

Galeongirl said:
wow you must've been really bored :giggle:

never seen it this way... I'm pretty interested inthe article! maybe googling it will work?

:giggle: I've always been a bit (ok, very :D ) obsessed with the whole Zoo-TV-sumbliminal-message thingy :laugh:. I love doing that thing, I've seen so many things in vids I haven't seen before! Try it! :nerd:

I've googled it and nuthing! :sad: Just random pages with nothing to do with U2. I even included U2 in the search but nothing. I know there's some mistakes in what I just typed there above :reject: I even corrected those but nothing either :sad:

VicksSs said:
Alright, so the question is: anybody got this article??? Pictures mostly, but transcription would be OK :)

I once made stills of that video and I remember that some of them (or one of them, not sure:scratch:) where from a newspaper article. If I find it on my Photobucket account, I'll post it.

EBTTRT20-0.JPG

EBTTRT20.JPG

EBTTRT201.JPG

EBTTRT203.JPG

EBTTRT206.JPG

EBTTRT208.JPG

I don't think I've read this before.:giggle:

:giggle:

I've read that and think i have iyt but have no clue where it is! :ohmy: Yeah, Bono sticking it to the camera eh!!! :shocked: :macdevil:

Back
Top Bottom