Dating sites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
Ok, I confess, I'm registered on one but for me it's just for fun. I'm completly happy being single but I also think it's nice with some appreciation and to meet people.
I haven't visited "my" site for a couple of months (mainly because I got followed by a guy).

On the site you can describe yourself and make a top five make-me-warm-list and one top five make-me-cold-list. #1 on my warm list is U2 and I also mention it in my description.
Today I had gotten a mail that starts with the lyrics to ISHFWILF and then a VERY serious presentation of the guy and then it ends with a PS with more lyrics from U2 and a note that he saw the popmart show and thought that we would have fun if we met.

Even if I would love to meet a guy that love U2 I always get very suspicious when someone starts the conversation with it, just like he's trying to impress me, know what I mean?

I'm just curious about your experience from meeting guys, over the net or IRL and their reaction to you being a huge fan of U2 and how you feel and react if they seem to act liking U2 just to flatter (don't know if it't the right word) you.

I know this has no drool factor at all, sorry.....

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

I can't join a dating service. I'm trying to get up the nerve to ask my friend to prom.
eek.gif
I'm so scared!

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

Judoooooooo Chop!

First of all....

HELL YEAH I'D DATE THAT GUY
wink.gif

Secondly...
Originally posted by MissZooropa:
I'm just curious about your experience from meeting guys, over the net or IRL and their reaction to you being a huge fan of U2 and how you feel and react if they seem to act liking U2 just to flatter (don't know if it't the right word) you.

I am currently in a relationship with someone I actually started talking to through Interference
smile.gif
He's wonderful and is not at all embarrassed/scared by my U2 obsession. In fact, he sees many of my posts on PLEBA and thinks it's cute...sometimes
wink.gif

I'm not sure about the using U2 just to impress you...maybe you can talk to him a little more and if it seems like EVERYTHING he says somehow relates to U2...then maybe you should be a little suspicious.

But I would suggest at least talking to him. You never know who's out there waiting for you
smile.gif

Good luck!
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:
I'm not sure about the using U2 just to impress you...maybe you can talk to him a little more and if it seems like EVERYTHING he says somehow relates to U2...then maybe you should be a little suspicious.

But I would suggest at least talking to him. You never know who's out there waiting for you
smile.gif

Good luck!
smile.gif

He kind of failed on other things so he's out of the picture anyway.
biggrin.gif
I just sat here wondered in general, because he's not the first that has started a mail with U2 lyrics, all of them have later showed not to be anything interesting. I don't know, somehow I think it's better getting to know each other without U2 interfering.

What does the rest of you think?

The guy i just starting seeing...well, i told him. "look, i have this obsession w/ U2. You're gonna have to learn 2 live w/ it." He liked U2, knew a bit about them...

then he downloaded, like sooo much. Mainly to impress me. I didn't know whether to be impressed, or wary.

I registered at some dating site once. I don't remember what it was called, thematch.com maybe. Or matchmaker.com I don't know, I never visited.

------------------
MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

He kind of failed on other things so he's out of the picture anyway.
biggrin.gif
I just sat here wondered in general, because he's not the first that has started a mail with U2 lyrics, all of them have later showed not to be anything interesting. I don't know, somehow I think it's better getting to know each other without U2 interfering.

What does the rest of you think?

I think that maybe that would be the best thing...to get to know someone without U2 being the main topic of conversation...though it can be an excellent starting point. Blah on men who try to be something they're not just to impress women :\ grrr...

Is there any way you could remove U2 from your profile? Maybe that'll help? Just a suggestion...
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:
I think that maybe that would be the best thing...to get to know someone without U2 being the main topic of conversation...though it can be an excellent starting point. Blah on men who try to be something they're not just to impress women :\ grrr...

Is there any way you could remove U2 from your profile? Maybe that'll help? Just a suggestion...
smile.gif

Yeah, sure I can change it any time but I want it in there because that keeps guys who hates U2 away. LOL

For me this is just for fun, I'm not looking for Mr Right, I just want to chat with people for fun. Mr Right will show up, one day or another but hopefully not too soon.
smile.gif
There are many registered that are involved and are just looking out for new people so it's not just a dating site. People who mail me that sounds too serious is also out of the picture.... I'm a mean girl. LOL

Originally posted by madonna's child:
ditto.

eek.gif
SOOOO NERVOUS!!

Ask Andrew, don't ask Andrew...bah! I dunno, I jest figured out this year that he's liked me for our entire high school career... (I know, I'm an eeejiot). When can I ask? Before Spring Break? Too early? Too desperate? I dunno. TELLL MEEE!

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

Judoooooooo Chop!

Well let?s see:

1. *putting jeans on* *strutting my ass off*

2. *playing Skid Row CD*

3. Well I have always said that if I were a girl I?d be a Bono girl!!
biggrin.gif

4. Well do ya like say,fruitsnacks???

5. If you teach me calculus I?ll teach you to play geetar!

6.I?m unemployed right now but I am a trained Firefighter(Dead serious!!)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by WildHonee:
*ahem*

I'm currently seeking a prom date.

MONA'S BOYFRIEND AUDITIONS
1. Take these cowboy jeans. PUT EM ON. Then strut, darn you, STRUT. (I mean, have you SEEN that Madonna video? Holy Moses toeses....them pardners are spicy)

2. Please do not laugh at my saying "them pardners are spicy." Get used to it. Listen, I know that most of what I say will eaither not make sense or will not be relevant at the time it is spoken....but..hey, don't you think Sebastian Bach looks like Britney Spears in that video "18 and Life?" Come on. You KNOW he does.

3. Tell me that Bono is hot. I don't care -- I WON'T think you're gay. And if I do....is that SUCH a bad thing? REALLY? ....what camera? I don't have a camera. Now....now kiss that Bono poster. Yeah...

4. It's our anniversary. WHAT DO YOU BUY ME?
a. jewelry
b. dictionary so's I can spell "anniversary"
c. fruit snacks

IF YOU ANSWERED C, WE'S GETTIN' HITCHED.

5. I warn you. For fun, I do calculus problems. And when I try to play the geetar I go *strum* some random chord and yell PANAMA! in the basement. If this concerns you, please don't bother to apply for the boyfriend, um, position. You can still send the jean pictures, though....

6. Would you have any problem if I referred to you as "Ramon the FireFighter?" Bc, um, I already wrote MONA + RAMON on my Economics notebook....

OK PLEBA pals....now you have to round up all the members of the U2 gender that you know and have 'em fill this out. Just leave the responses in Larry's Suggestion Box.

BONO: Suggestive WHAT?

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Lemons, the chicks- they love the lemon"
-Bono in Rotterdam-

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Lilly that is sooo adorbale, he's like you through all of high school? You should probably ask Andrew as soon as you can, because if you don't then he might not have any hope that you will ask, so when you ask after Spring Break he might already have another date... so find the right moment and ask!!!

I can't wait for prom, except when I had to turn a guy down... I felt sooooo bad even he said it was cool, but I still feel like I hurt him
frown.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by Lilly:
eek.gif
SOOOO NERVOUS!!

Ask Andrew, don't ask Andrew...bah! I dunno, I jest figured out this year that he's liked me for our entire high school career... (I know, I'm an eeejiot). When can I ask? Before Spring Break? Too early? Too desperate? I dunno. TELLL MEEE!

Who's Andrew? He has a crush on you?

Ask him!!! Ask him!!!

------------------
MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

ask me in nine days!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
why i see your face moving in the aerospace, white light shining you're all alone...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

ugh, dating sites. i admit that i have put a profile on one or two, just to see what kind of responses i would get. nothing but weirdos looking for someone to get busy with or some really cute guys that lives half way across the country.

regarding putting U2 as an interest or whatever, i think it's a good idea. some of the guys who have responded to me was because of the music i liked. music is a good ice breaker.

xoxo,
chelsea

*ahem*

I'm currently seeking a prom date.

MONA'S BOYFRIEND AUDITIONS
1. Take these cowboy jeans. PUT EM ON. Then strut, darn you, STRUT. (I mean, have you SEEN that Madonna video? Holy Moses toeses....them pardners are spicy)

2. Please do not laugh at my saying "them pardners are spicy." Get used to it. Listen, I know that most of what I say will eaither not make sense or will not be relevant at the time it is spoken....but..hey, don't you think Sebastian Bach looks like Britney Spears in that video "18 and Life?" Come on. You KNOW he does.

3. Tell me that Bono is hot. I don't care -- I WON'T think you're gay. And if I do....is that SUCH a bad thing? REALLY? ....what camera? I don't have a camera. Now....now kiss that Bono poster. Yeah...

4. It's our anniversary. WHAT DO YOU BUY ME?
a. jewelry
b. dictionary so's I can spell "anniversary"
c. fruit snacks

IF YOU ANSWERED C, WE'S GETTIN' HITCHED.

5. I warn you. For fun, I do calculus problems. And when I try to play the geetar I go *strum* some random chord and yell PANAMA! in the basement. If this concerns you, please don't bother to apply for the boyfriend, um, position. You can still send the jean pictures, though....

6. Would you have any problem if I referred to you as "Ramon the FireFighter?" Bc, um, I already wrote MONA + RAMON on my Economics notebook....

OK PLEBA pals....now you have to round up all the members of the U2 gender that you know and have 'em fill this out. Just leave the responses in Larry's Suggestion Box.

BONO: Suggestive WHAT?

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona The Man Corral

Back
Top Bottom