Cranked Up Higher Than an Old Woman Should Be

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swandiver

War Child
I know I can say this safely here -- I am cranked higher than a kite and have been for over a week or so -- the anticpation of this album and then the anticipation of the new tour just has me more excited than I should be. :wink: I had to go buy HTDAAB at Wal-Mart last night ($8.44 or $8.88, can't remember) -- fully knowing that my deluxe set was already in my door at home waiting for me! Cranking that up in the car while out shopping .....

The photos of the NY stint that were posted here just got me even more revved.

I promised my daughter I'd come to Florida to see them with her when the tour starts (she missed Elevation, I didn't ... she hated me for a while). Now, I need to figure out if she wants to do Miami or wait for something closer to her home.

I've been living off the heady fumes of that concert for 2.5 years now and here I am, even more stoked.

Can it get any better?????????

I thought I had just been having too much caffeine lately--but I cut back and my heart is still racing over all the new U2 stuff lately. I'm definintely cranked up or cracked up one. :huh:

Dipster, I'll see your 40 and raise you 12 ..... And I'm not the eldest -- my U2 concert buddy is my oldest sister. :lol: U2 *speak* to me ... they're the music that runs through my life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

motherstork

i am 37 and still going strong as a u2 lover...

as sappy as it may sound....this band has LITERALLY accompanied me through most of my adult life. there are u2 songs that when i listen to them...they take me back to a certain boyfriend, or a particular time when things were good or bad. another interesting thing is all of my serious boyfriends from the past, and my husband now, have all been u2 lovers.

it sounds so cliche/corny...but what i would give just to sit with the band and tell them how much their music really has been woven into my journey called life. i like many bands - but without any doubt - u2 has proven themselves to be a constant for me.

i have a 10 year old daughter who loves u2 - and may even attend her first concert at the upcoming tour (of course, i'll explain to her that with u2 being her first concert - she must understand NO OTHER band will ever compare). i also have 4 year old twin girls who beg me in the car to play u2 songs - they especially love right now "vertigo". my one twin put it best in her words, "mommy, that song is rockin'".

i will never be able to experience what such levels of fame do to people - i feel sure it does both good & bad things to people & their character. i can only hope that when these guys are alone with themselves that they think about & understand its their *music* that has been for many of us a thread that holds many pieces of our life's experiences together. that is deep, my friends. very deep.

swandiver said:
Dipster, I'll see your 40 and raise you 12 ..... And I'm not the eldest -- my U2 concert buddy is my oldest sister. :lol: U2 *speak* to me ... they're the music that runs through my life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yeah, I'm not the oldest anymore.:dance:

But I'm not a granny. :wink: My daughter is 33, single, and I can't wait to dance, cry, laugh and sing with her at a U2 concert.

Oh, I know! We've tried to explain it to people who've never been to a U2 concert what it's like ... but they just don't understand! Think Bono would go for a mother & daughter dance? :drool:

swandiver said:
I've tried to explain it to people who've never been to a U2 concert what it's like ... but they just don't understand!

Tell me about it! :drool: My hubby's never been with me in the past, but he's said he wants to go to at least one show on the upcoming tour. I've tried to explain to him that he.will.not. recognize me! :lol: I am sooo free when they're playing live and he's used to me being a little more, shall we say, stuffy. Not a stick in the mud, but a bit of a control freak & therefore a little reserved. But at a live U2 show, I just lose my mind & melt into the total experience.... That sounds so hokey, but I don't know how else to explain it.

I just hope he's ready to see a side of his wife he's not seen in the 16 years we've been a couple!!!! :laugh:

I'm with you all!!
I'm 42 now but still feel about 21!!:

Roll on the tour my husband took me to Paris on the last tour and he was stunned at how I behaved!! But Bono does that to me I cant help it!!
:wink:

He's convinced that I am having my very own mid life crisis!!!

BluRmGrl said:

Tell me about it! :drool: My hubby's never been with me in the past, but he's said he wants to go to at least one show on the upcoming tour. I've tried to explain to him that he.will.not. recognize me! :lol: I am sooo free when they're playing live and he's used to me being a little more, shall we say, stuffy. Not a stick in the mud, but a bit of a control freak & therefore a little reserved. But at a live U2 show, I just lose my mind & melt into the total experience.... That sounds so hokey, but I don't know how else to explain it.

I just hope he's ready to see a side of his wife he's not seen in the 16 years we've been a couple!!!! :laugh:

Oh, I know about it, I'm going to Miami with my friends and my hubby said me that he'd like to go with me, so Gosh, I want to go alone!:wink:

I'm 34 almost 35, and I have 3 kids too, the oldest with 7 and twin kids with 4 and they love U2!
:wave:

I'm concerned about my husband going to a concert with me ... and I know he'll want to -- this is the man who has had Bono dreams now, haha. Also, I'm not sure how my daughter will react to her mama grooving out. :lol: With my sister, we know how crazy the other one is and didn't bat an eye when the other one would start jumping up and down (or crying).

Diane L said:
Happy birthday dipster!

I can't seem to get back into the swing of normal life after going to that concert on Monday and getting the album on Tuesday. And I have too much work NOT to get it together!!!

I hear ya...when I went back to work Tuesday after seeing that show..my boss says "Would you please settle down? You're all wound up!"

She just doesnt get it...

Back
Top Bottom