Caption Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kafrun said:
75698cca.jpg

:bono: Look guys! I've never seen so many people shorter than me all at once! :hyper:
Mother: Pay no mind to the strange hobo, children. Don't talk to him, it will only encourage him. :huh:
Little boy: Mommy, I'm frightened. :no:
Little girl: He has a funny hair cut :happy:

:lmao: the little girl's face goes well with the caption!

Kafrun the Caption Queen :happy::up:

kafrun said:
Insomnia leads to captions :happy::

peterwolf-bono-1.jpg

:bono: OH NOES!! A pack of wild PLEBAns! Protect the goods! PROTECT THE GOODS!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
whahahaaaa beware Bono, we bite! :evil:

hm.. caption book... that's not even a bad idea.. I know there's been one in the past and Edge got it... I wonder what they thought of it :giggle:
but kafrun sure would have a share in the new one! Kafrun for Caption Godess!

^^ Oh god Kafrun, its a new day here in NZ and I still am peeing myself laughing at that one!!! I LOVE YOU CAPTION GODESS!!

^^ ha ha, I bet I know who will win.....

Pleased you like my idea of a book gg!! With that caption on the front!! If that doesn't get people wanting more, then I don't know what will!

I wasn't around when you did the other one....is there anything info about it?? Would love to see it

gluey said:
^^ ha ha, I bet I know who will win.....

Pleased you like my idea of a book gg!! With that caption on the front!! If that doesn't get people wanting more, then I don't know what will!

I wasn't around when you did the other one....is there anything info about it?? Would love to see it

I wasn't around then but there has been made a caption book before, and delivered to The Edge in New York in the fall of 2005 :)

Galeongirl said:

I wasn't around then but there has been made a caption book before, and delivered to The Edge in New York in the fall of 2005 :)

Wouldn't it have been great to be a fly on the wall when he read it??? Wonder if he still has it?

For the PLEBAns that do not know the story about the Caption Book - here's the official thread:

Caption Book Thread

...and yes, there are pics of Mr. The Edge himself with the book on the last pages of the thread! :D Enjoy! :wink:

Merc said:
For the PLEBAns that do not know the story about the Caption Book - here's the official thread:

Caption Book Thread

...and yes, there are pics of Mr. The Edge himself with the book on the last pages of the thread! :D Enjoy! :wink:
heh yea I was looking for the thread... can you link me to the Caption Book thread2 aswell?? I swear I saw it a little while back.... but I can't find it anywhere :s

Galeongirl said:
heh yea I was looking for the thread... can you link me to the Caption Book thread2 aswell?? I swear I saw it a little while back.... but I can't find it anywhere :s

Here you go:

Caption Book #2

...but I don't think book #2 ever got further than the planning process... :shrug:

Merc said:

Here you go:

Caption Book #2

...but I don't think book #2 ever got further than the planning process... :shrug:
therefor, mroe reason for us to make it eh?? :)
maybe Kafrun and Babydoll can give it to the boys in Hawaii, that gives us 7 months to finish it ^^

by the wayyy... do you have any clue where I can find the caption threads 1 2 3 and 4? I have the links for 5&6 but the older ones are unfindable for me... argh I hate not being a premium!

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
therefor, mroe reason for us to make it eh?? :)
maybe Kafrun and Babydoll can give it to the boys in Hawaii, that gives us 7 months to finish it ^^
I'd be more than happy to deliver it :hyper: I just don't know if I'd admit that I'm the one behind many of the captions :uhoh: :lol: Now how do we want to organize the compilation of captions? :hmm:

hm tough one.. .maybe everyone can submit one caption he/she thinks is the best??
but check the caption book thread one so it's not a caption already in book 1... :)
my votes are the Extraordinary speech(excluded from book one because htere wasn't any room left)
:giggle: and the Bono-bush NPB hug caption by kafrun :wink: I bet Edge would get a laugh outta that one!

doc-4881.jpg

Man: ...and this one was from my wife and my trip to the beach last year, funny long story about that Speedo...

:bono: (thinking): He just WON'T SHUT UP!!!

^ :giggle: That's just what it looks like.

24c752b7.jpg

:bono: I front a great rock and roll band, travel the world campaigning tirelessly against AIDS in Africa, spend endless hours meeting with politicians to end third-world debt, and this is what I get? THIS is all the shiny I get? :sad:

kafrun said:

I'd be more than happy to deliver it :hyper: I just don't know if I'd admit that I'm the one behind many of the captions :uhoh: :lol: Now how do we want to organize the compilation of captions? :hmm:

Id be happy to deliver it too.. I voluteered last time but another PLEBAN had it already..I plan to be in Hawaii a few days before and after..and I got a tip where they will stay...Uness you guys planned it already...I have had luck meeting the band members....
so let me know..;)

U2Xtina.jpg

:bono: Yes, we're pleased to be here. I- I mean WE look forward to winning many awards. I heard they're extra shiny this year :yes:
:larry: *brood*
:adam: I don't have to actually do anything at this silly show, right?
:edge: Yes, yes.. if I steal Bono's sunglasses, steal Larry's hairgel, and trip Adam, they will be rendered helpless and I'll be able to beat them to the stage. Yes, yes :hmm: Then I can keep ALL the awards for myself. Yes, yes, eeeeeexcellent :evil:

Bono's day job on Sesame Street before U2 really took off:

567992a4.jpg

:bono: Today's show is brought to you by the letter "C". "C" comes after "B" which is for Bono. My name is Paul, but I call myself Bono :yes: By the way, "E" is for Edge, as in The Edge. We met The Edge when his spaceship landed on the northside of Dublin one day :blahblah:
Producers: :huh: That's it, we're firing this kid :tsk:

^ :ohmy: Why thankyou! Perhaps I should wear a cape with a giant "C" on it? :giggle:

BonoFox1 said:

Id be happy to deliver it too.. I voluteered last time but another PLEBAN had it already..I plan to be in Hawaii a few days before and after..and I got a tip where they will stay...Uness you guys planned it already...I have had luck meeting the band members....
so let me know..;)
Yes, we'll definitely work something out :yes: I've actually come up with a few ideas for the book that I'll try to get around to posting soon.

kafrun said:
U2Xtina.jpg

:bono: Yes, we're pleased to be here. I- I mean WE look forward to winning many awards. I heard they're extra shiny this year :yes:
:larry: *brood*
:adam: I don't have to actually do anything at this silly show, right?
:edge: Yes, yes.. if I steal Bono's sunglasses, steal Larry's hairgel, and trip Adam, they will be rendered helpless and I'll be able to beat them to the stage. Yes, yes :hmm: Then I can keep ALL the awards for myself. Yes, yes, eeeeeexcellent :evil:

Did anyone notice Christina A's very blank face in the back just behind Adam? haha...great camera moment there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom