Bono's on new Band-Aid!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
(from nme.com)

...U2’s Bono will also take part, singing his infamous line from the 1984 recording. He is the only artist involved from the original line-up.

Whoop! Sorry. I'm sure there is a thread on this somewhere, but I only just found out, and i'm happy!

Thank you, Bono - :bow:

You're the cream of the crop.

I only wish that things would have improved more than they have for the world's poorest people in the 20 years since the first Band Aid. :sad:

I supported the first Band Aid - I will fully support this one.

And here's a related website y'all might be interested in:

http://www.liveaiddvd.net/

FEED THE WORLD. FREE YOUR MIND. GET INVOLVED. :hug:

Keep those smiles on the B-man's face....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

It's very cool news. I wonder how he'll deliver the line this time? Urgently, like last time, or in a low, sad, sexy growl...?

Either way would work for me. :drool:

There, I just drooled on PLEBA. :reject:

His presence will make this song's release a hit, for the second time. There was something telling me that he would be involved again and I think it wouldn't make sense otherwise.
I remember U2's performance was remarkable for several circumstances, such as Bono jumping the stage to dance with the girl, Bono not following the protocol, Bono singing like an angel ... :wink: :angel:. That event was notorious in their career (the whole world was watching it) as well as the fact that some people accusing bands from benefiting with their involvement in the project, which, I think, was determinant in Bono’s decision to go and work as a volunteer in Africa and, perhaps, in him becoming such a big humanitarian campaigner.

:heart:

Bono had much emotional turmoil following Band-Aid....He really thought in his heart of hearts the money raised would have solved all of Africa's problems and he almost became embarassed about his leap into the crowd. He spent some 'alone' time and he actually ran into someone (I'm sorry I can't remember who) who was so inspired by Bono's leap that he made a piece of artwork commemerating that moment in time. It was then that Bono really began to gather resolve and steam....Thank God he did.

I remember I once read this story (anecdotic) about Bono and his line:

"Tonight thank god it’s them instead of you" line would not have made it if Bono had his way. He asked Geldof if he really meant it, and Sir Bob said "Of course - think about what it means". Bono's reply was: “I have thought about it - that's why I'm asking".

It’s true that some people raised an eyebrow at the "tonight thank god it's them instead of you".
:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom