Bono Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Well we did Larry and Adam, so I figured the man w/ the biggest mouth should be up next! I know he's said so much, admits himself that he can go on a bit- we could post his Sex Quotes, his Band related Quotes, his Funny Quotes or Serious Quotes... so why don't we just share our favorite Bono quotes? (is that like choosing a favorite song? too hard!)

"Sometimes, size matters" - Bono

BP: What's your favourite method of transportation?
BONO: An angel's back. No, make that blindfolded.

Q : "Most interesting question asked recently by a fan?"
Bono : "Have you seen Bono?"
'Propaganda' Issue 27, '97

"It would be wrong for me to say 'Yes, we can change the world with a song' -but every time I try writing, that's where I'm at. I'm not stupid. I'm aware of the futility of rock 'n' roll music. But I'm also aware of it's power."

"Fear is the opposite of faith."

"Hello? Is this Speedy Pizza? I'd like to order 10,000 pizzas for Detroit. We're at the Palace. D'a know the Palace? Yeah, I AM serious. I'm very serious. You can't make 10,000? Just make as many as you can. OK. What? My name is Bono." - Zoo TV tour, March 27 1992

"I danced every night under a mirror ball with a young lady from the Zoo TV crowd. Every night during 'Love Is Blindness'. They were amazing. I love it so much. Some nights I fell in love. I never really spoke to these people, but that's okay." - Bono in 1995

"Paul was a cranky baby. He cried most of the day. Peace only settled on the new house after he went to bed where, exhausted from the trauma of his waking hours, he slept long and soundly" Bob, from "Unforgettable Fire - The Story of U2"

"We don't allow people to make jokes in our company. Anyone on the crew who's ever seen with a smile on their faces we let go." - Bono, May 1985

"Songs are the language of the spirit...
the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain."

------------------
She got soul, soul, soul, sweet soul
And she teach me how to sing

* U2TakeMeHigher *

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Q : "Most interesting question asked recently by a fan?"
Bono : "Have you seen Bono?"
'Propaganda' Issue 27, '97

That always cracks me up...*lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

These are some of my favourites:

"The house functions better without him I think! You have no idea what he's like. He hasn't changed. He's still the same as he always was. He's cute in his own way. It's the old story." - Bob Hewson

"I remember when he was about 3, only a toddler. He was out in the back garden. He went over to a flower with a bee. He put it on his finger, lifted the bee up, talked to the bee, and put it back again. He probably doesn't remember it, I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I can remember to this day the horror of my wife and myself. He could go from flower to flower picking up bees and never got stung. Amazing, isn't it?" - Bob Hewson

"I warn you, I am completely unable to explain myself at times ... even to string three words together can be hard, and this can be tragic if people think you supposedly have a gift of the grab" -Bono

"Coke does not add to life. It might be a nice fizzy drink, but it does not add to life."-Bono

Q: If the four of you were in a fight, I mean a truly tough brawl, which one of you would kick the other three's asses? (NME interview, 2001)
Larry: Bono
Adam: Bono
Edge: Bono
Bono: Me

"The human heart is greedy; it will use religion, colour, or any other excuse to
justify its greed. Blame the human heart."

BP: When did you last cry and why
BONO: I suppose I do everything in extremes - laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion...

BP: Did you ever think you were going to die?

LARRY: Yes, only on the back of Bono's motorbike!
EDGE: Only on the back of Bono's motorbike.
ADAM: Only in the back of Bono's car.
BONO: Die, no. Squashed, yes.

BP: From Greek mythology - the Snake had been a woman and a man, and said women enjoyed sex more than men. Do you think that's true?

BONO: What would I know- in Irish Mythology, there is no sex.

And this one totally cracks me up!!!

The interview hadn't even begun..... and suddenly we all noticed
something very peculiar: Bono - is - taking - all - his - clothes - off.
The white shirt went first, then his black suede boots, his socks,
trousers, and briefs (black with white trim, possibly Calvin Klein,
probably Marks & Spencer). "That's better," he sighed blissfully. "Now
ask me a serious question -- if you dare." ...................... Excuse
me but why have you taken your clothes off, Bono?
....................... "For the same reason," interjected the Edge,
answering on Bono's behalf, "that he's the lead singer. Because he's a
rampant sex god with a huge ego." ............... "
And a small willy," added Adam.
--- Sean O'Hagan, Details, Sep. 1992

*Flavia*

BP: What's your favourite method of transportation?
BONO: An angel's back. No, make that blindfolded.

.......are you ladies thinkin what I'M thinkin?

*end transmission by evil twin Phona*

Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse:
These are some of my favourites:

Q: If the four of you were in a fight, I mean a truly tough brawl, which one of you would kick the other three's asses? (NME interview, 2001)
Larry: Bono
Adam: Bono
Edge: Bono
Bono: Me

eek.gif

See? I told you all he's got claws.
biggrin.gif

Here's my contribution.

"We feel like we have a stake in America...after all, the Irish built this country." 10/19 B'more. Said with appropriate shit-eating grin. (Smartass!
wink.gif
)

Cheryl

o yeah -- I remember the Bono Claws thread from awhile ago
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
block champ at Nintendo
queen of innuendo

DREAM OUT LOUD

what I wouldn't give to have one day's worth of the WIT these guys have naturally every darn day of their lives. From the AB video:

Bono: yeah, we know what we're doing...

*A far-off voice screams from across the way: BONO!!!*

Bono: How can you scream, 20 floors down, and be heard?

*yet another bellow from the guy*

Bono looks ... sees the guy, waves: Rock and roll dawgie!

*turns back to interviewer and says in conspriratorial whisper: that is the loudest voice I think I've EVER heard...

LOL! CLASSIC!
biggrin.gif

Bono says so many cool, unusual, and beautiful things, i would have a hard time trying to find my favorite one.

*searches for Bono quotes*

------------------
"The Edge plays a mournful, ejaculatory guitar solo in 'Love is Blindress', stabbing out thick emotional blues notes that linger and then fall away like tears. "A more eloquent prayer than anything I could say," Bono reflects.

........ejaculatory?!......

*bluuuuuuush*

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
block champ at Nintendo
queen of innuendo

DREAM OUT LOUD

that last one, did anyone see keith moon strippen on that show, roger daltry took his socks of and put his feet in keiths face so then keith took his of but decided not to stop at the socks, this was on tv too, not a private interview.

heres my favourite quote from when i was 16
"WHEN YER 16 YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE ON THE WORLD.....AND SOMETIMES YOUR RIGHT"

"the accent changes but the script sounds the same to me"

" *embarressed* its like the blue peter badge"
(referrin to the rosmary given to him by the pope)

Here is one from the new Details article:

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."

I am adding this one to my sig.

------------------
Jessica
"Rock and roll doggie"

***DISCLAIMER***
Please do not take this next comment in an offensive way, keep in mind this was all said in the fun of them moment!!!

Sherry Darling,
I had forgotten about Bono's comment about building America...it was hilarious! When he said that my friend Felicia(who is black) looked over at me and said "Huh, I beg to differ!" and I said "No hon, you planted it remember! We both started cracking up!!! People around us were staring, like hey his comment was funny, but not that funny! Which made us crack up even more!

Fishy <>< (hoping she won't be banned for typing that)
smile.gif

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
***DISCLAIMER***
Please do not take this next comment in an offensive way, keep in mind this was all said in the fun of them moment!!!

Oh, totally. He, like I said, had this smart-assed grin on his face and practically even winked (distractingly enough.....) Humor all around.
smile.gif

SD

Back
Top Bottom