Bono in the news on ANOTHER shirt abuse scandal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
Well ladies...you have already heard my empassioned cries for justice over "The Rip Heard 'Round The World" from the TOTP performance....I was inclined to blame the entire incident on the bedazzled jacket but now I'm not so sure....I found this news article:

Bono to autograph Clairin’s most prized possession
By Marion O’Mara

October 15th, 2004

THE tattered remains of a shirt ripped off U2’s Bono as the band played to a frenzied audience at Waterford Regional College (WIT) in 1980, was sent to Dublin yesterday to be autographed by the international superstar himself.

The two sleeves are missing from the shirt, so are a couple of buttons and while its turquoise and maroon colours are a bit faded it is the most prized possession of Clairin Jackman from Knockboy village, on the outskirts of the city.

The remains of the shirt have been carefully folded in brown paper for the past twenty-four years and, like Clairin, have moved house a couple of times. Now, her happiness would be complete if she could get her idol to autograph the shirt for her. Recently Clairin, who is a member of the pop duo called Cloud Nine, enlisted the help of 2Fm’s Gerry Ryan to secure the autograph and yesterday the shirt was in double bubble wrap waiting to be sent to Dublin by registered post for the prized signature. Clairin explained that twenty four years ago she was asked by a friend to go to the Regional College to hear the band who were playing their first Waterford gig.

“I had heard about the band but had not heard them play live and naturally I jumped at the chance to see them,” she said. During the concert the over enthusiastic crowd literally tore the shirt off Bono’s back. Clairin ended up with the body of the shirt and her friend got the two sleeves. “The roadies took the shirt off me but when Bono saw what happened he took it off them and gave it back to me,” she told the Waterford News & Star. “He then let us watch the rest of the gig from the back of the stage,” she added.

A number of years later, she met Bono again at a bikers’ rally in Waterford and when she told him about the shirt he said he would autograph it but one thing led to another and the promise was never fulfilled.

With the help of Gerry Ryan that’s about to change and, who knows, the man himself might even find the time for a personal delivery of the prized possession for the fan who counts One among her all time favourite U2 songs.

http://www.waterford-news.ie/news/story.asp?j=15951

I think there is more to the coincidences of Bono and shirt-ripping than meets the eye....:eyebrow:

(I wish I was there to see Bono's shirt get ripped off him by rabid future PLEBAns.... what a sight that must have been :drool: )

Last edited:
Our "innocent" Bono appeared to condone the unruly behavior from these amorous females...he rewarded them for it.

Perhaps he purposely wore a shirt that was a couple sizes too small, knowing full well the poor thing could only cling to Bono's writhing and perspiring body for dear life, being aware what tragedy would ensue... :eyebrow: The evidence is starting to seem damning...

attractive rock star feels trapped by shirts - shirts bad - attractive rock star should from now on go shirtless - or wear snap button shirts - effective - with no loss of shirt life :wink:

More and more evidence seems to be trickling in....I found an image providing undeniable proof that this attractive rock star viciously ripped apart yet another shirt during a past video....the shirt's only "crime"? Being too well fitting on the rock star's sinewy chest...:tsk: That said pic was far too graphic to post...

While it can't be proven for certain, this advocate is fairly sure that there was a violent act commited against this shirt in the pic to follow...a few buttons have spoken on the condition of anonymoity concerning the event. The buttons have confirmed that they were forcibly extracted from the shirt to suit the rock stars own insatiable hunger to cause obsession and pandemonium among female fans:

http://images.snapfish.com/33;;5;:;23232fp64=wp>2336=;4<=686=XROQDF>232365994<582wp1lsi

Violence against shirts don't just start out that way. There are many warning signs of a potential shirt abuser, such as a general disregard for the way in which shirts are to be worn:

http://images.snapfish.com/33;;5;:;23232fp58=wp>2336=;4<=686=XROQDF>2323659955647wp1lsi

This advocate has come to the conclusion that the only way to prevent any further loss and heartache would be to impose a restraining order against the rock star from coming anywhere near a shirt and is banned from being allowed to cloth himself in them. All performances must be done sans shirt....effective immediately.

Rock star was invited to comment and this was his only response, a likely story indeed:
http://images.snapfish.com/33;;5;:;23232fp64=wp>2336=;4<=686=XROQDF>23236599498:9wp1lsi

JOIN THE MOVEMENT! SAVE THE SHIRTS!

Sorry for the small snapfish pics, I was temporarily banned from Photobucket for the remainder of the month for too many pics....perhaps they feared this advocate was getting too close to exposing the truth!

(yeah I know I'm "special")

Last edited:
I'd rip off Edge's shirt... just cause his shirt are awsome... well so in that case I wouldn't litterally rip it... id somehow try and get it over his head so it would be in perfect condition ;)

Yuck! I don't want a sweaty shirt :| See, if I did end up getting one of Edge's shirts I would make sure he wasn't sweaty! YUCK! PIT SWEAT :yuck:

I betcha when Bono was a wee lad, he ran around naked and probably protested having to get dressed at all! Can you picture the cute little guy?? Gosh, I just love 'im!

Starsgoblue - rather convincing expose on cruelty of shirts - herefore known as COS - from rock star. perhaps rock star has disorder, needs treatment - but not until I attend a concert in which rock star rips shirt off - need to confirm disorder with own eyes - may need to take abused shirt into custody for further evaluation. :wink:

:yes: COS is a very serious and dibilitating disorder. I might need to witness an "outburst" firsthand to confirm what my premlinary diagnostics are indicating....purely for scientific purposes.

I fear for shirts everywhere until that time, and restraining order remains in effect until fellow PLEBANs (including myself) have up front and close GA tickets on tour to fight for the welfare of the rock stars shirts...All performances until that time must be performed topless! Rock star, you can leave your hat on! :wink:

:lol: didnt even realize!
hehe, so I have a thing for bono-chest...
:reject:
hell, any part of his body would be fine with me.
*imagines being huddled in a corner with a piece of Bono's hair*
:D I'll take anything!
Seriously though, Bono knows hes too hot for words and likes to flaunt it in our faces.
What a sexy bastard. Drives me nuts:madspit:

I think you can all remember the incident in which we got a close up of Bono-nipple in ZooTV video....I am trying to recall if any buttons/shirt was harmed during filming... :hmm: (thoughts drifting to Bono skin...)

w03a.jpg

w04a.jpg

Back to the report cards:mad:

Bono chest so much more fun than report cards come on nana and stay! I'm being a chicken and not watching the playoffs right now:reject:

nurse chrissi said:
Bono chest so much more fun than report cards come on nana and stay! I'm being a chicken and not watching the playoffs right now:reject:

I have a couple parent conferences tomorrow. The rest are next week. UGH! I dislike report cards as much as students dislike them! And half of mine are in Russian.

Back
Top Bottom