Bono in Boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pavel

Hello everyone. I'm happy to meet you all. This is my first time ever posting. I've been reading all the posts over the last few days about Pavel. I finally decided I had to say something. I am married to Geoffrey Knight who is a Bono look-a-like and I have to say that not all Bono look-a-likes behave as Pavel seems to behave. Geoffrey is extremely careful about what he does. He always tells people he is not Bono, he will turn down jobs where they want him to lie, he will not sign autographs, and finally, he is so incredibly aware and respectful of the responsiblity of looking like Bono, that he will not even hold my hand or show me any public displays of affection if we are in a town where he is doing a gig. Even when we travel to Ireland (we go every summer for vacation, not for a gig), he still is very careful about how he behaves with me in public for fear of someone seeing us or taking our photograph thinking it is Bono with another woman. This is something we both discussed prior to him venturing into look-a-like work. He treads very carefully and does not take lightly the fact that he sometimes holds someone else's identity in his hands. He clearly knows his own identity and does not play Bono if not doing a gig. This is something Pavel needs to understand. These guys are not Bono and never can be...plain and simple. And why would you want to be someone else all the time if you are truly happy in your own skin? When Geoffrey is "working", it's like being an actor in a play. It's a part. But when the play is over, he is back being comfortable in his own skin, teaching in our pilates studio, watching our daughter play fastpitch and eating at our favorite restaurant every Friday night. This is all as Geoffrey, not as Bono.

Geoffrey considers it an honor to resemble such a talented, inspiring, compassionate human being like Bono.
So please know that if you encounter Geoffrey in your town when he is doing a gig, he will honor the true Bono's identity. He behaves nothing like Pavel reportedly behaves. We have met the most wonderful people who, when Geoffrey tells them he is not Bono, they are still so very happy. We get to hear all their stories about how U2 has touched their lives and of their personal meetings with the real guy. U2 fans are the BEST, bar none!

And by the way, Geoffrey did cut his hair like Bono's a few months back. I think he may the only look-a-like that has done this, but I could be wrong. He likes to stay current.

Time for bed for me. I have an early class to teach in the morning. I'll check back in tomorrow if anyone has any questions.

Thank you all....Peace.

Re: pavel

peace said:
Hello everyone. I'm happy to meet you all. This is my first time ever posting. I've been reading all the posts over the last few days about Pavel. I finally decided I had to say something. I am married to Geoffrey Knight who is a Bono look-a-like and I have to say that not all Bono look-a-likes behave as Pavel seems to behave. Geoffrey is extremely careful about what he does. He always tells people he is not Bono, he will turn down jobs where they want him to lie, he will not sign autographs, and finally, he is so incredibly aware and respectful of the responsiblity of looking like Bono, that he will not even hold my hand or show me any public displays of affection if we are in a town where he is doing a gig. Even when we travel to Ireland (we go every summer for vacation, not for a gig), he still is very careful about how he behaves with me in public for fear of someone seeing us or taking our photograph thinking it is Bono with another woman. This is something we both discussed prior to him venturing into look-a-like work. He treads very carefully and does not take lightly the fact that he sometimes holds someone else's identity in his hands. He clearly knows his own identity and does not play Bono if not doing a gig. This is something Pavel needs to understand. These guys are not Bono and never can be...plain and simple. And why would you want to be someone else all the time if you are truly happy in your own skin? When Geoffrey is "working", it's like being an actor in a play. It's a part. But when the play is over, he is back being comfortable in his own skin, teaching in our pilates studio, watching our daughter play fastpitch and eating at our favorite restaurant every Friday night. This is all as Geoffrey, not as Bono.

Geoffrey considers it an honor to resemble such a talented, inspiring, compassionate human being like Bono.
So please know that if you encounter Geoffrey in your town when he is doing a gig, he will honor the true Bono's identity. He behaves nothing like Pavel reportedly behaves. We have met the most wonderful people who, when Geoffrey tells them he is not Bono, they are still so very happy. We get to hear all their stories about how U2 has touched their lives and of their personal meetings with the real guy. U2 fans are the BEST, bar none!

And by the way, Geoffrey did cut his hair like Bono's a few months back. I think he may the only look-a-like that has done this, but I could be wrong. He likes to stay current.

Time for bed for me. I have an early class to teach in the morning. I'll check back in tomorrow if anyone has any questions.

Thank you all....Peace.

good for you. like i said before, being an impersonator is a job. all of the ranting about pavel is not because he is an impersonator - its about that he pretends he is bono 24/7.
and a bad impersonator too, hence the no local gigs, no tribute band, etc.
and i have first hand experience of this, and also him not living up to the bono persona... that being, getting extremely angry w/ people if they are not taken by him. i have seen bartenders roll their eyes at him, and him grit his teeth and stare them down with an evil eye. i have seen him talk nasty including curse to a group of kids if they want an autograph on whatever piece of paper they had. him demand to sign their new coat from christmas instead, and them saying no in fear of what their parents might do... and him yell at them to get out then.
and he expects this royal service all of the time, yet never leaves a tip.
i am fed up with pavel. i would be fed up with anyone with his behavior, whether or not they slightly resembled bono.
if he had a clue though, along with the haircut, he would get a nose job too.

peace said:

Thank you all....Peace.

:wave: Nice to meet you. I applaud both you and your husband for the caution you take while your husband is working. Its very thoughtful and considerate.

Regarding Paval, I think its horrible that he gets his picture taken with people who think he is Bono and lets them walk away believing so. Just not right. :tsk:

excerpt from his updated bio...
http://bonodouble.com/about-me.html

Because of the striking resemblance, I'm stopped daily for autographs and photographs by fans of Bono and fans of U2. Naturally, I don't autograph Mr. Hewson's name nor do I tell people that I'm Bono. And oddly enough, I have found that when I tell people right off the bat that I'm an impersontor or just someone who looks like him, they often don't let it register. So a gracious, warm, smiley "maybe" or a playful "I'm not going to tell" often does the trick. But if really insistent, I'll put a happy face or a simple Bonoesc message like "Love Every Day or Love Deeply", on a peice of paper and call it a day.
There is something spectacular in the feelings many people have for him that are powerful and truly honorific. Usually, people will approach me and say "Thank you for all your work in Africa", "I love you", and "I love your music". I'm humbled by such affection vicariously felt through the Man.
Naturally, in moments of impersonation and "Bono" character, I do a fantastic Irish accent to add to the flavor of the moment. Many of my Irish friends find it amusing in taking me to local Irish Pubs for a pint or so of Guinness, just to see the reactions of the patrons. (PS...to the many who've met me and may have felt a little confused or troubled that I wasn't the real deal, forgive me...as I was probably in character.)

i didnt realize he had to 'be in character' at the local irish pub and on the street...

tsk tsk tsk

peace said:

Thank you all....Peace.

:wave:

I think I stood next to you guys at the Hawaii concert. I can vouch for Geoffrey, really nice guy. He bought me a water bottle at the concert (and I really needed the water :lol: ). It was nice meeting you guys there.

If this quote by sfera is true :

" I'm humbled by such affection vicariously felt through the Man. "

that is one of the problems right there. This affection has not been earned by him, it's been earned by Bono, sfera has no right to be "humbled" by it.

again, creepy.

peace said:

Thank you all....Peace.

:wave:

Thanks for your post. I'm glad your DH uses his 'power' wisely.

I have a couple of questions for you, are you both fans of U2?
When did people start realising that Geoffery looked like the B-man?
Do you ever get alittle weireded out by the attention?

Well thanks for your honesty and welcom to PLEBA-Land. :):

peace said:

Thank you all....Peace.

What y'all are doing is wonderful. I know a few Bono impersonators myself and they don't act like Pavel at all. They have day jobs like everyone else. Pavel is the only fake Bono that does it for a living and does it all the time.

Pavel is the one giving Bono impersonators a bad name. That's why we want him to crawl into his little hole before he ruins it for people like Geoffrey and other good and sweet Bono look-a-likes not just here in the states but abroad as well.

Sorry, I'm going to say it again!

juggsalicious said:
excerpt from his updated bio...
http://bonodouble.com/about-me.html

I'm humbled by such affection vicariously felt through the Man.

:eyebrow:

Proof that the man is :coocoo:

(PS...to the many who've met me and may have felt a little confused or troubled that I wasn't the real deal, forgive me...as I was probably in character.)

What an asshole! Doesn't this dipshit know that you are suppose to tell people while you are there and not leave it up to them to find this statement on the net? I guarantee you that he's not giving people his card with his name on it and his web address so that people know what he's thinking. BULLSHIT!!! Just because you apologize on the net, doesn't mean you're out of the woods MISTER!!!

Allegra said:
I guarantee you that he's not giving people his card with his name on it and his web address so that people know what he's thinking. [/B]

No he doesn't. I've seen the card but only after I asked a few times to have one.

Midwestgirl said:

No he doesn't. I've seen the card but only after I asked a few times to have one.

i have never seen the card. i have never seen him deny that he is bono either - even when asked. he thrives off of the attention - attention earned from someone else.

i guess i am viewed as one of those gullable people he speaks of, not by taking a photo with him, but rather him leaving several voicemails in that fake irish brogue.

he even sent me a very nice bouquet of flowers for valentines day. ewwwwwww gross - no i dont want to date him. but what is even creepier is that he signed the card 'bono'.

everything about him is just extremely embarassing.

Here is a quote from yesterdays Boston Globe from Paval:

"I just go with the flow. If I find really gullible people, I might take my picture with them," he said yesterday. "There's nothing scandalous about this. I love Bono." :tsk:

juggsalicious said:

he even sent me a very nice bouquet of flowers for valentines day. ewwwwwww gross - no i dont want to date him. but what is even creepier is that he signed the card 'bono'.

everything about him is just extremely embarassing.

Oh NO! You must post of picture of that card and signature

Midwestgirl said:

Oh NO! You must post of picture of that card and signature

it was typed by the florist, but i will post anyway - if someone tells me how to post a pic in here...

The guy from Flickr writes back!

407348626_fd4ec33896.jpg

its really him (sarcasm implied)

socalsurfNick says:

"Thanks guys.... despite my appearance I'm not a complete idiot. The caption was meant to be sarcastic. This guy came into a cafe to use the comp and people were posing with him for pics. I'm sure a billionaire rockstar friend of the Dalai lama would not be in a little cafe in LA, by himself checking his myspace. But I do appreciate the explanation and all. I also agree he is a prick as he actually signed this girl's U2 book, which she ran home to get. I was laughing the entire time."

Again, Pavel is a dick.

juggsalicious said:

it was typed by the florist, but i will post anyway - if someone tells me how to post a pic in here...

flowers.jpg
[/IMG]
note.jpg

and i wouldnt take a pic with him despite his several tries...

pavelILLLL.jpg
[/IMG]

Allegra said:
The guy from Flickr writes back!
I'm sure a billionaire rockstar friend of the Dalai lama would not be in a little cafe in LA, by himself checking his myspace.

Again, Pavel is a dick.

but that billionaire rockstar friend needed to post "his" pic of "him" meeting the pope (j2p2) on his myspace account...

l_6e523172a5ad1c31959e6ab285f26396.jpg

and "him" meeting "jesus"...

1386772271_l.jpg

him scaring the poop out of a baby...

l_a8b1ca247834cca465d4d478be718a27.jpg

and him meeting johnny depp...

l_b6808f6fd98a5732165a6317ac733f02.jpg

and he went to heaven to meet sonny bono too

l_746b6266a48103438c160586904cdcdc.jpg

etc etc etc

I hope he's not taking it further with some women who may not know it's not Bono.
I'd hate to think he's talked some unsuspecting woman into sleeping with him. :eyebrow: I feel for the girl who ran home to get her U2 book. :(
She should take him to small claims court and make him buy her another. Just in case she ever does get a chance to have the band sign it.
None of this is funny..:|

bret6262 said:
My friend took this pic at NAMM (music convention in Anaheim every January) and called me in a rush- insisting that Bono is there-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/bret6262/NAMM 2007/fakeBono.jpg

now that I see Mr. Fake's "tourdates" I know who it was (I knew it wasn't Bono once I saw the pic- but I didn't know if it was a tribute band or what).... (1-20-07)

The guys sooooo:sick:

his nose is wrong the chin eeeeewwww!!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom