Bono & Elevation in January Issue of Conde Nast Portfolio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
I've been away from here a lot lately because of work so I appologize if this has been done already.

Elevationsgeneralpartnersprepannual.jpg

http://www.portfolio.com/executives/features/2007/12/16/Roger-McNamee-Profile

The issue comes out in January 2008, but I believe you can read the full article already here. (The full article is 11 pages)

Last edited:
I already read the article yesterday but didn't see the pic, thanks for sharing comet. :wave:

:hmm: Well the window does look pretty bright... :lol:

Here's where they describe his outfit:

“Bono, do you want to say anything?” McNamee asked, kicking things off. “Any thoughts? Concerns?” All eyes shifted to the Irishman in green-tinted glasses, a black-denim shirt over a black T-shirt, black jeans, and black-suede platform shoes. “Hmm,” he said, hesitating. “Well, one big issue I’ve got to say I’m pretty concerned about is the length of Roger’s hair.”

Lots of black there! They didn't mention the hat :cute:

Last edited:
bonocomet said:

“Bono, do you want to say anything?” McNamee asked, kicking things off. “Any thoughts? Concerns?” All eyes shifted to the Irishman in green-tinted glasses, a black-denim shirt over a black T-shirt, black jeans, and black-suede platform shoes. “Hmm,” he said, hesitating. “Well, one big issue I’ve got to say I’m pretty concerned about is the length of Roger’s hair.”

Well, I'd be concerned about that, too. It's just now that I realized this person is NOT a woman.

bonocomet said:
:hmm: Well the window does look pretty bright... :lol:

Here's where they describe his outfit:

LOL!! he o s so cute!!!

Normally when Bono has business type meetings (such as with politicians) you can look at a group picture and play "one of these things is not like the others" because Bono stands out. I almost did that with this photo, and then I noticed Roger McNamee's hair and bracelets. It's not my style, but I'm glad to see that Bono's business partners aren't just a bunch of stuffed shirts. The casualness of the meeting is pleasant too, what with the feet on the coffeetable and whatnot :)

:giggle: He's so funny! Was that the only picture in the article?

(And I would have been up closing blinds and curtains...it's bright in there! :wink: )

That was the only pic unfortunately. Maybe when the actual magazine comes out there will be more :hmm:

This one is the same as the one that was online, and unfortunately in the spine of the magazine, but here it is anyways...

PortfolioMagazineJan20083sm.jpg

MooMoo! said:
how many bloody phones/PDAs does that rodger/hairguy have? :eyebrow:

And some people say it's increase the risk of having health problem when one got all those up on the belt.

:|

lol, phone holster. 1 looks like a blackberry, the other an iPhone, cant tell with the other though. Why the heck would you need more than 1? :scratch: blackberrys and iphones have pretty much the same stuff on them, not to mention the extra phone or whatever it is...

crazy businessmen.

MooMoo! said:
lol, phone holster. 1 looks like a blackberry, the other an iPhone, cant tell with the other though. Why the heck would you need more than 1? :scratch: blackberrys and iphones have pretty much the same stuff on them, not to mention the extra phone or whatever it is...

crazy businessmen.

iPhone and Blackberry had paid him for this advertisement....

:wink:

rihannsu said:
Oh, thank you. Are you going to scan the article too?

Dana

I think the entire article is available to read from the link in my 1st post on page 1 here. I'll check it against what's in the magazine and make sure though! :)

Great pictures, thanks for scanning and posting! I love Bono's looks here, like the glasses and the shirt is great. The hairy guy looks a bit scary and at least Bono's laugh lookes slightly fake, just take a look at his eyes!

comet you're lovely. :bow:

thanks for scanning these funny pics.
his shirt is really great. :love:

and for those like me who read YDW's drawers: let's look at these pics and recall the scene in the elevator...:drool:

*..that's not fair :scream: *

Back
Top Bottom