Bono & Ali in Los Angeles 9-17-06 EDUN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
So he's moving thru the crowd on his way out...

from Maddy (I'm typing it):

We try to get ahead of the crowd so we might have a chance to see him or get a picture or something. And my Mom said 'one more for Maddy'. And so he turned around and puts his arm around me and my Mom is trying to take the picture, and her zoom is on too high so she's trying to adjust and backing up. She finally takes the picture, and I say 'see you in Hawaii'. He says 'you're going to Hawaii?', and I say 'yeah'. And he said 'go girl' and 'aloha'. And we thanked him!

And so (Lila speaking now) me and the other girls we met try to remain standing and not pass out. So for all of you out there, herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's Bono & Maddy! :happy:

3324bcp.jpg

:applaud:

You go Maddy! :up: :dance:

I would blow that picture up mural size and hang it somewhere in my house, how fabulous for you both.

Maddy your smile is beautifully tremendous, Bono does that to me too!!!

Lila64 said:
So he's moving thru the crowd on his way out...

from Maddy (I'm typing it):

We try to get ahead of the crowd so we might have a chance to see him or get a picture or something. And my Mom said 'one more for Maddy'. And so he turned around and puts his arm around me and my Mom is trying to take the picture, and her zoom is on too high so she's trying to adjust and backing up. She finally takes the picture, and I say 'see you in Hawaii'. He says 'you're going to Hawaii?', and I say 'yeah'. And he said 'go girl' and 'aloha'. And we thanked him!

And so (Lila speaking now) me and the other girls we met try to remain standing and not pass out. So for all of you out there, herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's Bono & Maddy! :happy:

3324bcp.jpg

:faint:

Woohoo!!!

Congrats Maddy & Lila!

What an amazing experience!
I'm sure you're never ever gonna forget this.

Absolutely :heart: the picture!

So happy that you went and that it turned out like this!

I'm walking around with a big smile on my face.
But I have a feeling yours are probably bigger.

:D

Last edited:
Oh, that is so wonderful!!!! Maddy is sooooo cute, what a pretty girl!!!! She looks a lot like a friend's daughter who lives on Long Island, so tell her she has a "twin" on the other side of the country!

Lila, I am so happy for you both. :hug:

my goodness he looks really good.

to what kellyahern said: Mother of the year, indeed.

that's it. i've made my decision. i'm going to hawaii! who cares if it's the week before my first college finals. who cares if i'll be poorer than poor.

:bow: Thanks so much for the awesome pics and story!!! The pics are gorgeous - Maddy has such a great smile!

:hmm: I wonder when they will come to the birthplace of Nordstrom...Seattle!!!! I probably wouldn't be able to go anyway. :sigh:

Now if you'll excuse me I have an Ali laughing caption to make... :wink:

kelly posted this in the other thread, but those belong here. And since this is my 20,000th post, it must include THE MAN:

10410145ahernkelly917200690624PM.jpg

And no, he didn't say anything to me, and someone asked me how his handshake was. Who the hell knows. I was just in awe that I reached out to give it a shot, and he shook my hand too.
I believe I touched Ali's shoulder when she walked by :shifty:

In the other thread kelly posted a pic which had a little girl in green. She was very cute. Bono was waving at her and at one point he put out his finger towards her, like pointing, and they were playing :cute:

I was shaking before during & after the whole thing - LOL.
And thanks everyone for their very kind comments. The one woman I met there took lots of photos too, and hopefully she will email me as promised. If she okays it, I will post her pics as well, but so far no email. She wasn't aware of this forum, but let's see if I can get her hooked :wink:

and that's my story.
thud.gif
thud.gif
thud.gif

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like you had an awesome time...I wish I went to the one in Chicago...

Thank you for posting awesome pics!

You are very welcome - I didn't know who to call or text or what! I don't even know if my camera captured audio, and if it did (accidentally), how I get that to work or upload or what :crazy:

I usually don't even attempt these things, but it was in my old neighborhood, kinda where I grew up, and at worst we would have gone shopping & had lunch. If we had not gotten the wristband to go in, we might have just heard the presentation and them speaking and maybe caught a glimpse of them on the way out...

:happy:

dinner's here... so I must depart for now. I'll be back :wink:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
:hmm: I wonder when they will come to the birthplace of Nordstrom...Seattle!!!! I probably wouldn't be able to go anyway.

My guess at the rate this is going (a different city each day): tomorrow!

I'm pretty certain I saw Seattle mentioned elsewhere here.
I think it was in the other thread.

Miringeltje said:

My guess at the rate this is going (a different city each day): tomorrow!

I'm pretty certain I saw Seattle mentioned elsewhere here.
I think it was in the other thread.

It was someone spoke to an Edun Representative and they mentioned Seattle. check it out people.

Words can't describe how happy I feel for both you and Maddy! And I know you know why...U both have a special place in my heart and I was so thrilled the second I got that text today and all day after that..the excited phone calls and everything..

THANKS FOR PICKING ME ...ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE 2 MIN YOU HAD THE PHONE ON SO I COULD HEAR HIM SPEAK..it was awesome LILA!!!:hug: x INFINITY!!! :bow::drool:

THAT IS THE CUTEST PIC EVER OF MADDY...AND BONO TOO OF COURSE!

FRAME THAT PIC...QUICK! :wink:

CONGRATS MUCHO ON YOUR 2OK POST!!! :wink:

Last edited:
just got the news... wow!

Congrats you guys, those pictures are fantastic!

awesome awesome awesome.

I consider this you officially cashing in all of your setlist party karma!

JCOSTER said:
Whos the lady that was standing next to Bono not you?

She looks familiar. Maybe a PA or someone that works with him for ONE or DATA?

Congrats, Lila and Maddy!

Maddy, that pic is adorable! That's a great pic of you even if Bono wasn't in it :cute:

I personally think this picture is classic... this was the one millisecond when Bono had his guard down.

2zecjft.jpg

Congrats Lila & Maddy! :hug: I'm so happy for you guys! Thanks so much for sharing your story and pictures. Maddy looks so beautiful!

I may have to make a quick trip to Seattle this week... :hmm: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom