Bizzare Likes And Dislikes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Do you having of those weird things that you do and don't like?

I will share mine and please share yours!

1. I can't stand whipcream but I love frosting and icing
2. I really like spinach
3. I only saw the 2 Harry Potter movie
4. I really can't stand danny long legs or any spiders but snakes don't bother me that much

Last edited:
Ok, I'm bored so... :wink:

1. I hate egg whites. I can only eat scrambled eggs or in an omelette.
2. I love the smell of powder laundry detergent. Sometimes I want to eat it. :eeklaugh:
3. I don't like bananas.
4. I don't think Brad Pitt is that handsome.

flaming june said:

4. I don't think Brad Pitt is that handsome.

Me neither. I would never say he was ugly or there was anything wrong with him, but I've just never been attracted to him.

I am weird. I have so many I can't think of them all right now. I might have to add on later.

1. I hate onions, but love onion rings and bloomin' onions

2. I like the smell of gas pumping

3. I hate "Must See TV"

4. I love the taste of aspirins and let them slowly dissolve in my mouth

5. I hate coffee, the taste, the smell, though most everyone else I know is addicted to it

6. I put 1,000 islands salad dressing on roast beef or meatballs

'
7. I can't stand 'juicy' meat, if it's even the slightest bit red or soft in the middle it grosses me out. Must be very well done, almost burned. Bacon must be hard and crispy, never soft or pully:yuck:

8. I hate sour cream in a baked potato, I load it down with cheese sauce

9. After 3 kids, several neices and nephews and many dogs and cats over the years, cleaning shit does not phase me much

10. I can't stand getting stuck in traffic, I know no one does, but I really can't stand it. There are places I just do not go to because the traffic is so bad. If I am heading somewhere and see it's bad, I will turn around and go back. If I am in a strange place and there's a long backup on the interstate that only moves in inches, I freak out. I come close to losing it. I'm so afraid the car is going to break down and I'm going to get stuck there. If it's in a familiar place, I get off and take the back roads home.

Included in this, I can't stand waiting in long lines. Most of the time I will put my stuff back and leave, there's not much I want bad enough to stand there if it's ridiculous and very slow. If I go to a resturant and there's a long line, I sometimes leave, depending on who I'm with and how bad they want to eat there. If there's a waiting list for a table to even sit down, forget it, I'm gone. Those things can never have a time limit because sometimes people will sit there and shoot the shit for literally an hour or more after they finish eating and no one will say anything to them.

I loathe tomatos. LOATHE them. The texture, the flavor, the sight of them or one of their little weirdly translucent seeds makes me sick.

But, I don't mind ketchup.

I can't stand leftover food, no matter how recent it is from. Even eating pizza from the same day I got it.

I don't think Tom Cruise is attractive AT ALL , to put it nicely.

I like to watch foreign films in the native language with no subtitles.

Interesting thread idea...Okay, I'll bite

Dislikes:
1. Reality TV...despise it with a very unhealthy passion!:yuck:

2. Seafood, in any way, shape or fashion! (hee,hee...I made a rhyme! Yes, I'm really tired!)

3. Feel the same way about Brad Pitt & Tom Cruise...just don't see it. Julia Roberts, either. Now her brother Eric is another story!:drool:

4. I DESPISE chick flicks, romantic comedies, etc! *shudders* I much prefer action/adventure/drama

1. I'm an avid fan of the orginal Star Trek series. X-Files, too. ( I have a huge crush on Skinner! :reject: )

2. I absolutely love grapefruit juice. Kiwi fruit also.

3. (Blushing even as I type this...please don't stone me!) I actually rather like the Spice Girls...:reject: (except Ginger, of course...I'm not that bizarre!)

4. I watch Nicktoons with my kids & love "Fairly Odd Parents"

5. I love falling asleep on the grass with the sun shining on my back.

6. I tend to have a thing for guys with very delicate, almost feminine, features...Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, BabyBono, David Bowie, etc

Last edited:
I HATE the sight and smell of meat of any kind. I've been a vegetarian for 16 years and I rather eat pieces of glass before I'd ever eat meat again :barf: :yuck: I just don't understand how someone could eat a dead animal but I don't have issues with leather and I couldn't live without dairy. It's just the whole cooked animal thing I have issues with....sorry I could go on and on forever about that one. :reject:

I hate most TV shows, especially the half hour sitcoms. They are all the same and not funny. I'm completely obsessed with most reality TV shows like Survivor, Big Brother, Real World. (Not the dating ones. Those are lame.)

my sister tells me I'm extremely weird with my likes and dislikes but I think it's sort of funny that I can't think of anything else right now that I think is too strange :huh:

hmm, hate cooked tomatoes but i like them fresh

i dont like to eat ice cream with a spoon, just a fork. and i have to chew it too. yogurt, ice cream, juice, everything. i dont like swallowing my food without chewing it first.

i hate the stargate tv series but liked the movie

i hate traffic as well. but then again i have road rage and i live in a congested tourist town.

hate seafood, awful-codos, prunes, undercooked bacon, the grease on top of pizza *shudder*

theres so much more but just one more thing.....
jennifer lopez. cant sing. just an ass.
unfortunately i an built like her too!:huh:

Okay, this isn't really a like or dislike, just a very strange, irrational superstition that I've had since highschool . . .

I cannot listen to a Boyz to Men song, if I listen to a Boyz to Men song something bad will happen to me :reject:

ex. my car will break down, I'll get in an accident, something major will go wrong at work, I'll need fillings when I go to the dentist, etc.

It started in driver's ed class in highschool when one of their songs came on the car radio while I was driving and I had the worst day in the car :(

I know - it's weird - but I still can't shake it, if one of their songs comes on the radio, I immediately turn it off! If I'm in a doctor or dentists office and it comes on the PA system, I think "Oh no" :lol:

:coocoo: :help:

thank God they're not that popular anymore

Last edited:
I love bugs and spiders
I love snakes and frogs and toads
I like to watch slugs eat
I hate when people kill bugs and spiders
I hate loose hair (YUCK!!!!)

1. I didn't think Brad Pitt was cute in Troy, and I didn't like that movie a lot.
2. I don't like Santana or Jimmy Hendrix but I do respect them very much.
3. I really liked the movie Pay Check and Zoolander.

arw9797 said:
I HATE the sight and smell of meat of any kind. I've been a vegetarian for 16 years and I rather eat pieces of glass before I'd ever eat meat again :barf: :yuck: I just don't understand how someone could eat a dead animal but I don't have issues with leather and I couldn't live without dairy. It's just the whole cooked animal thing I have issues with....sorry I could go on and on forever about that one. :reject:

I hate most TV shows, especially the half hour sitcoms. They are all the same and not funny. I'm completely obsessed with most reality TV shows like Survivor, Big Brother, Real World. (Not the dating ones. Those are lame.)

my sister tells me I'm extremely weird with my likes and dislikes but I think it's sort of funny that I can't think of anything else right now that I think is too strange :huh:

That's cool, Arw! I reallt think so! :)

Last edited:
TheWho4Life said:
I love bugs and spiders
I love snakes and frogs and toads
I like to watch slugs eat
I hate when people kill bugs and spiders
I hate loose hair (YUCK!!!!)

I wish I liked bugs, to me honest! I hate when people kill bugs too!

arw9797 said:

Funny, I'm the exact same way. The last time I had meat, I took a bit and the thought that I was eating animal flesh popped into my head and just stuck threre. I don't think it's that far-out-there. I work with a vegan who barely talks to me because I drink lattes (made with milk, not soy) and wear leather shoes, but still consider myself a vegatarian. Each to their own, I guess.

Last edited:
ylimeU2 said:

Funny, I'm the exact same way. The last time I had meat, I took a bit and the thought that I was eating animal flesh popped into my head and just stuck threre. I don't think it's that far-out-there. I work with a vegan who barely talks to me because I drink lattes (made with milk, not soy) and wear leather shoes, but still consider myself a vegatarian. Each to their own, I guess.

I could never be a vegan. :tsk:

I've never had a problem with eating meat... I say "I am eating an animal right now!" and it doesn't faze me. I guess as long as it doesn't look much like what it was I'm pretty happy.

oh, and random thread trivia for all you avocado haters: The word "avocado" is a corruption of the Native American word "ahacuatl", meaning testicle.
disclaimer: may have spelled that wrong. I know how to say it, and just spelled it phoenetically. Also, I can't remember which native americans had the word... it's south american. Sorry.

anyway, list time.

1. I have a thing about random crunchy things in my food, unless they are very large. I don't like diced onions, because they're randomly crunchy. I don't like homemade hamburgers because you get the random hard things, but I do like fast food, since it's processed so much those are gone.

2. I'll eat chicken but not chicken sandwiches

3. I like the taste of mushrooms but I hate mushrooms themselves... ditto with onions.

4. The loose hair thing, I have a problem with that. Ugh. No problem with cat hair, though.

5. I take it as a personal offense when people pass me.

6. I don't mind bugs outside, but I hate them inside. They can fly around out there all they want, but once they're in here, they're marked for death.

7. I HAVE to sleep with a blanket. Even if it's warm, I'll put a fan on me so I get cold and can use my blanket.

that's all I can think of for today.

I also hate the sight and smell of meat cooking, to the point that it makes me nauseous at times. It's been 15 years for me. And I HATE being questioned about it in a certain way. No I don't eat chicken, no I don't eat fish. Why would I?!? :no: No, I don't miss it, EVER. I had some guy freak out on me one day because I was getting "dangerously close to the point of losing my enzymes to digest meat", and then what was I going to do when I wanted a nice juicy burger? :sick: He was actually upset about this. I never bug other people about eating meat. Whatever.

I hate the band Rush more than any other in the world. His "singing" is like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

I don't like the Simpsons. I don't think it's funny. at all. There is only one episode I would watch. :wink: And don't even get me started on the Chapelle show....

I cannot sleep without a blanket. If I have to, I will turn on the AC so I can still have one. Boyfriends tend to just loooove this behavior. :reject:

I love popcorn with lots of hot sauce on it and will sometimes have a bag of it for dinner.

I am obsessed with medical shows. I could get by with only having Discovery Health, TLC, and A&E.

I love the French vanilla that they serve at a local creamery. I'm going there after I get through this week.
My favorite restaurant is Greek. I especially love their spinach pie. :drool:
My favorite meat is chicken. My least favorite is beef.
I hate really spicey food, the kind that makes you feel like there's a fire in your throat. Ugh!
I am *very* squeamish. It's a real neurosis with me, I'm afraid.

-I'm not a Beatles, Sinatra or Elvis fan.
-I do not eat "public food" (food that sits out for anyone to take it)
-I believe raisins are "humiliated grapes"
-I hate tomatoes, but love ketchup.
-I have never had seafood (except for fish sticks when I was a kid)
-I am a huge marilynmanson fan. I will not argue with you about this.
-Cockroaches scare the crap out of me.
-I have panic attacks when watching debate shows (Crossfire) or Punk'd, because I hate seeing people stressed out in public.
-I hate surprises.
-I don't think Seinfeld is funny. At all.
-I'm not able to be friendly with people who are racist or homophobic. At all.
-I'm not a big traveller, pretty much because I panic when I fly.
-I have chronic insomnia.
-I do not like weddings, and will never have one. (If I want to get married, I will go to the courthouse).

HelloAngel said:
--I have never had seafood (except for fish sticks when I was a kid)

I hate seafood :barf: all of it, expect crab with drawn butter

Do you find it inconvienent, living in Florida, with all the seafood restaurants? :lol: I sure do, especially when we go to a beach town. I'm the only one in my family who won't eat seafood :reject:

I LOVE SEAFOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess its cause its all my mom ate when she was pregnant for me lol. But shrimp and crap...:drool: :drool: my mouth is watering thinkin about it now! YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if Edge likes it... he probably doesnt:mad: lol.

kellyahern said:

Do you find it inconvienent, living in Florida, with all the seafood restaurants? :lol: I sure do, especially when we go to a beach town. I'm the only one in my family who won't eat seafood :reject:

Being a vegetarian, it becomes especially interesting considering my boyfriend is a sushi addict. So, I just chin up and learn to deal with his propensity for raw fish, and he deals with my habit of pointing and saying "what's that?"

:lol:

I hate seafood. :yuck: I go to a resturant and find out it's seafood buffet night and walk out. Though I do eat burgers and some meat, there is some that the sight of raw or cooking with the blood coming out makes me sick. If it comes in a wrapper or already cooked I'll have it, if I have to do it, I won't. My mom makes fun of me and says I'm 'immature' because I won't cut up a chicken or pound steak, but it's like hacking up a body to me:yikes: :barf: I am somebody who could eventually go veggie but never vegan!

BluberryPoptart said:
My mom makes fun of me and says I'm 'immature' because I won't cut up a chicken or pound steak

Don't worry - I get that too from my grandmother because I a) refuse to cook or go near the kitchen (my boyfriend lives to cook, and I love to clean, thusly there are our duties) and b) because I won't perform skits in front of the family.

You're not immature, you just know what you like and don't like and there is nothing wrong with that - especially when it comes to touching food - I don't touch raw food either!! :barf:

Back
Top Bottom