Ali- we want to hear your Vegas story!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lovezeuser

The Fly
Just moved back to "real" Virginia...not the land
Hi Ali,

I would love to hear your Vegas story. You look so great in the pictures I have seen. I admire you for your dances with Bono. And, of course I am insanely jealous. Never did hear if you made it on stage in Oakland.

Hope to see you on stage again soon if it can't be me!

Hi lovezeuser! Alli got slammed pretty badly by people in the U2News forum after the newspaper story came out, so I think she's kinda reluctant to post details of her last time on stage.

ruffian said:
Hi lovezeuser! Alli got slammed pretty badly by people in the U2News forum after the newspaper story came out, so I think she's kinda reluctant to post details of her last time on stage.

:yes: people really suck sometimes ruff :|

*edited no i'll PM or email you what i want you to tell alli, i've just downloaded her new york video

:hyper: :D

If there is such a thing as cyber tar and feathering, I'm meat, but I honestly wish Bono would drop the "bringing the girl onstage" bit. It's old, it's predictable, he's starting to look like the father of some of them, and it causes problems. I checked out that thread when I saw this, and I had to get out of it fast, it made me sick -- going after this poor woman is INSANE, and going after anyone because of a newspaper article angle is DIAGNOSABLE. U2 have created quite a wonderful little world for themselves, and God bless, but sometimes, the ringmaster has to give a little thought to what they leave behind once the circus leaves town.

well, if it's that big of a deal, she could turn him down....

If Bono was giving me the nod during a song like Mysterious Ways or Fast Cars, I know I would. I can't dance, especially not in front of Bono and in front of 20,000 people. I'd make a fool out of myself, and I'd rather have someone like Miroslava or Alli up there instead. I'm fine with shaking Bono's hand, saying hi, hopefully getting a little hug someday, but dancing? no thanks.

:coocoo: :crack: :drunk: :crazy: Erm, what is wrong with Bono having some fun with fans on stage and why shouldn't they get to be up there sharing a special moment with their hero?! :der:

oh seriously, I think the lucky girl thing should be kept. A lot of acts do it and I mean.. even though the internet might sometimes seem like the whole world.. it is not.

Many people in the audience actually feel happy for the girl (as I noticed In Amsterdam). At first there is this little dissapointed sting in your heart (coz you still DID think that today just might be your lucky girl - next to 20,000 others)... and then you have the grace to be happy for her and cheer your lungs out.

tssssssk...

I do not think the internet (hardcore) fan boars should determine what gets get kept and what not. how much percentage of a concert crowd ACTUALLY comes here (or any other fan board for that matter)? see..

so now i wanna hear the story :D

Alli pretty much explained her story in this thread (last page)

http://forum.interference.com/t145721.html

Which is now closed for obvious reasons, so I am going to close this one as well.

If she wants to tell her story again or in more detail she is more than welcome to start a new thread here of her own. She's also a premium member so any other premiums can pm her if you like. You also may want to check the Bono's dancing girls threads here in PLEBA, and the threads in Fan Experiences and Tour Photos, under the Vertigo Tour forum, as I believe she has told some of her stories in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom