Adam and Lucy - Chapter 3.5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggo

Blue Crack Addict
Just a blurb to tide you over to the next one.

Disclaimer: Not true, never happened, Edge is not really this annoying. :D Calling him Dave cause Adam does.

-----

"Hmm. Adam's still not answering," Larry hangs up his cell phone. The rest of the band were at Bono's, figuring out what to do next.

"What if he's hurt himself?" Dave asks.

"Adam wouldn't do that. He's probably just shut his phone off because he wants to be left alone," Bono says, sipping coffee.

"He was really upset."

"Edge, his wife died. What would you do if you came home and Morleigh had dropped dead?" Bono stares at him.

"Oh," Dave shrugs.

"Oh," Larry repeats. "He's probably just trying to figure out how to balance Stacie and being in the band."

Dave thinks for a minute. "Do you think she hurt herself?"

"Did Adam have a stash somewhere he forgot about and you got into it?" Larry asks.

"I'm just saying, it's weird that she would just die. She was only, what? 25 or something," Dave shrugs.

"Edge. People die all the time and no one knows why," Bono says. "It just happens."

"What if she had post-partum depression?"

"But she didn't. She was thrilled to be a new mum. She and Adam talked about having more kids. There's no reason to think that," Larry was getting annoyed with Dave's questions.

"I just can't make sense of it," Dave looks at the floor.

"Let's go over it one more time. You and Adam were chatting on the phone, she went to bed early because she didn't feel well. Adam checked on the baby, then went to bed and when he woke up the next morning, Lucy had died. He rang the police and the coroner took her to the morgue. Then Adam came here and flipped out that day. They never found anything that could have caused it. It just happened," Bono recants the story for the umpteenth time.

"What if he took off?" Dave asks.

"What?" Bono stares at him blankly. Larry sits down and puts his forehead on Bono's kitchen table.

"What if he's left the country?"

"So he left the country. He probably couldn't stay in that house. I couldn't," Bono shudders.

"You know what I mean," Dave says.

"Afraid not," Larry sits up. "Doesn't matter anyway. I reckon he'll come back, hire a nanny, and get on with it," Larry shrugs.

"Or he'll find another girl and audition her for Stacie's step-mother," Bono grins.

"What if he doesn't come back?"

"He'll come back. He's Adam," Bono rolls his eyes.

"But what if he doesn't?"

"You know what? You're not allowed to ask any more questions today. I've decided," Larry says. Dave folds his arms. Larry and Bono chat while Dave's mind is obviously running.

"What if he did it?"

"EDGE!" Larry and Bono shout.

Back
Top Bottom