50 Bono's Angels= Pleba Party Post-a-thon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my senators is up for re-election. He's been voting against debt relief! Aargghhh! I've written to him and told him I don't like these votes! If you're a registered voter be sure and let your representatives know that you vote and look at politicians' voting records on debt relief, trade and Global AIDS! Today at mass the priest's homily was about stopping starvation and other anti-poverty causes. He encouraged us all to do something about all of this horrific stuff. In Malawi, three million people are on the verge of starvation. Just think about it, three million people could be dead in a matter of months.......in one small country. Horrors! We need to get on the stick before this crud goes down. We don't want stuff like this on our consciences! The politicos need to knock off the rhetoric and deliver.
Let's pester the politicians!!!! Yes, I'm on fire!!!!! I'm tired of starvation, deaths from diseases that can be prevented or treated, and all of this other nightmarish stuff that's being caused by injustice!

Last edited:
Here's a pic I found of him helping missionaries at a hospital.

bono-1c.jpg

I am thinking of going to the Vigil/ protest in DC Sept 25-29th. More info on www.jubileeusa.org. or you can download the flyer at :

www.jubileeusa.org/september.pdf

If any of you are going to church, it's not a bad idea to print out the flyer and ask your church if you can post this on the bulletin board at your congregation. The cause is gaining popularity within the religious sector in the US and is becoming widely supported ( YEAH). Maybe those of us who are influential church goers can even convince a church or youth group to go to DC for this event !!

Last edited:
I want to go to the protest myself, but I can't go to D.C. for $$ reasons. Damn! We need all of the protesters we can put in the street! If there were one in Atlanta I could go.

Back
Top Bottom