Will there be a Croke Park DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Croke Park will most likely be this year's Slane Castle, the last time U2 played there was in 1987, and also in 1985 as a 'home' concert, where 60,000 people came in attendance.

I think with 3 days in Croke Park, with over 180,000 people (I think it holds 60,000 a day)

I hope they spice up the setlist for the home crowd. These are the setlists for both days in 1985 and 1987.

June 29, 1985 / Dublin, Ireland
Venue: Croke Park

Main Set: 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow, Seconds, MLK, The Unforgettable Fire, Wire, Sunday Bloody Sunday, A Sort Of Homecoming, Electric Co., Bad, October, New Year's Day, Pride

Encore(s): My Hometown, Out Of Control, Gloria, 40

June 27, 1987 / Dublin, Ireland

Opening Act(s): Light a Big Fire, The Dubliners, The Pogues, Lou Reed

Main Set: Where the Streets..., I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found, Gloria, A Sort Of Homecoming, MLK, The Unforgettable Fire, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Exit, In God's Country, Electric Co., People Get Ready, Help, Bad, Springhill Mining Disaster, New Year's Day, Pride

Encore(s): Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, With or Without You, Party Girl, 40

Opening Act(s): Christy Moore, The Pretenders, Lou Reed, Hothouse Flowers

Main Set: Stand By Me, C'Mon Everybody, I Will Follow, Trip Through Your Wires, I Still Haven't Found, MLK, The Unforgettable Fire, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Exit, In God's Country, October, Help, Bad, New Year's Day, Pride

Encore(s): Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, With or Without You, 40

So there should be some variation.

as far as slane last tour, there wasn't originally going to be a DVD release until the fans demanded and petitioned ... the Croker shows will def. be taped so we may have to again petition and demand unless U2 learns their lesson and decides to release it from the start... Bottom Line: there will be a DVD one way or another

I believe the capacity is actually 80,000+

:crazy:

If anyone has a valium stash, I may need to dip into it (at least for the Friday show since I will be doing GA)

njelevation06 said:
as far as slane last tour, there wasn't originally going to be a DVD release until the fans demanded and petitioned ... the Croker shows will def. be taped so we may have to again petition and demand unless U2 learns their lesson and decides to release it from the start... Bottom Line: there will be a DVD one way or another

the dvd would have been released either way, the petition just pushed it (so we get it earlier). theres no way they taped it just for fun...

and now that they've seen the system works (american and european dvd), they'll definetly do it again...

mirrorballman said:

and now that they've seen the system works (american and european dvd), they'll definetly do it again...

I agree, but I doubt they'll choose an Irish show again, also because they never officially released a mainland Europe gig on video.

I hope not, they've already shot a DVD in Ireland, I hope they shoot the stadium DVD somewhere else, I'd be pissed off with another Irish show. I know they'd be great, but I'd prefer a little variety, maybe the Netherlands or even London.

Vorsprung said:

I agree, but I doubt they'll choose an Irish show again, also because they never officially released a mainland Europe gig on video.

yeah i also dont think they'll take the dublin gigs, simply because they've done it on the last tour...

they will take a gig though where they're playing more than 1 night (for taping reasons obviously)...

so the only candidates are:

Manchester (15th, 16th)
London (18th, 19th)
Paris (9th, 10th)
Amsterdam (13th, 15th, 16th)
Milan (20th, 21st)

I think they will narrow it down to London and Amsterdam. London for the obvious reasons and Amsterdam cuz there are 3 shows...

Back
Top Bottom