Who should open for U2 for the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the Clash , U2 and Lenoard Cohen together on stage that would kick ass..that would be an ultimate concert for me
special guest apperance Bruce Cockburn singing If I had a Rocket Launcher

Pilate (a Canadian Band...they sound just like U2, check them out they're gonna be huge!) Coldplay is too big to open for anyone anymore.

Epicure when u2 are in australia...they were great wehn they opened for live.......

no way white stripes, too pretentious and assholey,

no garage rock, such as vines and hives and strokes and jet, too inferior for u2

NOBODY!!

Less time to wait for U2, more U2!

When you're standing in GA, after standing all day in line, waiting through the opening act became a chore.Then you have to wait for them to re-set up the stage. Let's get right to the action!

obviously cypress Hill.. hahahaha...no.. no i'm kidding, i'd love that but im kidding... :D

(bono: "hey this stage now smells like Otto's jacket")

but.. hey! public enemy joined U2 in the zootv...

seriously: I would say something like No Doubt, i really like them, or maybe the blue men, something different :D . and I liked it a lot when U2 invited Illya Kuryaki in their gig in argentina...

Th-...They might be giants?

Well, if a big name like Pearl Jam opened up for U2, that would pretty much ensure nobody being able to afford/find any tickets to any show. I suppose that would be a downside of an REM/U2 tour...

I'm perhaps kinda nostalgic, but I'd like to see the Simple Minds opening for U2. I saw them opening for the Rolling Stones last year and they put a 70.000+ crowd on fire...

Coldplay would be great, but U2, that is, when they can be bothered to travel to the southern hemisphere dont tend to bring international acts of great calibre with them as support. So I dont think that we would get Colplay here but Powderfinger or the Living End would be great:)

they could get a u2 tribute band like the unforgettable fire to open and play all the oldies that the real u2 would never actually play live again anyways...

or not.

my dream would be for pearl jam... or perhaps audioslave, coldplay, etc. etc. i think u2 are at the point where a big name opener would be expected. the stones have had big name opening acts for years now... u2 are at that point, so why shouldn't they, as well?

Last edited:
I do not care who opens up for U2 as long as it is not Nelly Fortado. I can't stand her. I agree that he likes to have female artists on stage opening but would love to see some popular but not too popular bands open. I saw the Stereophonics open for Bowie this week and after litening to the Stereophonics, it made me think that they would be an awesome, more fitting opener for U2. A U2 crowd would appreciate the Stereophonics a lot more.

Heh well my first vote would be also be "nobody". :wink: Every time I've gone to see a band I love even nearly as much as U2, I just wanted them to finish, I get so excited and impatient. :reject:

But that's not likely, sooooo my dream opener for U2 would be Hum, if they could be convinced to do a reunion tour. Other ideas:
Snow Patrol
The Thrills
Teenage Fanclub, if they're still touring
And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead
Modest Mouse

The Flaming Lips would be awesome too. :cute:

I would hope U2 would have way too much class to choose a band with music as bland and dull as that of Snow Patrol & The Thrills...they're like musical embodiments of the colour beige :yuck: Well I guess anything's better than rap/'hip-hop' :yuck::yuck::yuck:

Stereophonics would be great though.

The Sage said:
Well I guess anything's better than rap/'hip-hop' :yuck::yuck::yuck:

ok... am i the only one who likes a rap group here???
:uhoh: *mugssy moves to the dj muggs' forum*

squad_0001.jpg

Last edited:
The Sage said:
I would hope U2 would have way too much class to choose a band with music as bland and dull as that of Snow Patrol & The Thrills...they're like musical embodiments of the colour beige :yuck:

This is very confusing. :scratch: Garbage and The Corrs are about as bland as it gets to me, and they already opened. To each their own I guess. :huh:

neutral said:

This is very confusing. :scratch: Garbage and The Corrs are about as bland as it gets to me, and they already opened. To each their own I guess. :huh:

:shocked: How dare you insult the band who wrote The World Is Not Enough? An amazing song...I do admit though that I haven't heard anything else Garbage have done though :hmm:

Anyway I'm sorry but for me both The Thrills & Snow Patrol's music has absolutely no depth or substance - their music is ok the first time round but has no replay value, it just gets incredibly boring. Just my opinion...

to neutral, i like modest mouse but they do not fit in with u2. You call garbage bland? what radio station are you listening to.

If the verve were still around they would be awesome as well.

isabelle_guns said:
I saw the Stereophonics open for Bowie this week and after litening to the Stereophonics, it made me think that they would be an awesome, more fitting opener for U2. A U2 crowd would appreciate the Stereophonics a lot more.

I think Nelly Furtado, PJ Harvey, No Doubt and Stereophonics each opened for U2 on the last tour.

:shrug: Maybe Black Rebel Motorcycle club or White Stripes, with the new rock album that U2 claims it's making.

Cat Empire

just as long as we don't get the crappiest opening act of the entire tour again
I swear when you look at the Elevation tour it almost seems that they know they could sell out a gazillion shows over here anyway no matter whatever crappy artist they get to open

Back
Top Bottom