What was the Best US show of the year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best US show

• San Diego 1 03-28 Opening night!

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Phoenix 2 04-15 BAD for the 1st time

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Chicago 4 05-12 They mixed it up!

Votes: 23 10.6%
  • Boston 2 05-26 just a great show

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Chicago 5 09-20 The First time for the First time, Discotheque

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • Minneapolis 09-23 another great show

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Philadelphia 4 10-17 The Boss!

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • Las Vegas 2 11-05 Lets Keep it Electric!

Votes: 39 17.9%
  • Boston 4 12-04 The 3rd Encore 1/2 the Arena walked out before

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Portland 12-19 Closing night

Votes: 9 4.1%

• Total voters
MTEdge said:

And, sometimes it's great to share those moments with everybody instead of hording them as collector's items. :wink:

You idiot! You can't hoard something you filmed yourself! You can only call it hoarding once you have obtained something from someone else. You nuff-nuff!

trabantland said:

You idiot! You can't hoard something you filmed yourself! You can only call it hoarding once you have obtained something from someone else. You nuff-nuff!

It's only a memory if you don't share it. :lol:

its not a memory to me, i can watch 26 shows over and over, and if i get sick of those i can watch any of the 15 shows Octagon filmed, and if i get sick of those i can watch the ones torrented

Want what i have, go film a show!
Until then your complaints dont have a leg to stand on

u2rulesmyworld said:
its not a memory to me, i can watch 26 shows over and over, and if i get sick of those i can watch any of the 15 shows Octagon filmed, and if i get sick of those i can watch the ones torrented

U2rmw, I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing out flaws in your posts. I think you're in the right for not uploading stuff willy-nilly. You would never be able to get other shows if your shows were easily available. I would just recommend that advertising to the common fan that you have certain videos when you have no intention in sharing them creates a certain elitism that's not necessary.

As to the topic at hand, it's very difficult to compare and rate shows that I have not attended with shows that I have attended. That's not a complaint about the DVD's you may have, just an honest observation.

Philly 10-17-05. AB-SO-LUT-LY AMAZING

Firey performance in just the first 5 songs. Even Elevation was unbelieveable. The crowd on the floor was incredibly energetic and hyper. Bono probably mentioned 4 or 5 times how amazed he was by the crowd.

Walk On was phenominal performed acoustic, and the 10 minute version of People Get Ready with Bruce fucking Springsteen was probably the highlight of my life.

It doesn't get any better than that.

oktobergirl said:
Los Angeles 4 on 11/2. I am surprised it is not on here. It was an amazing show, not just by LA standards which can sometimes be kind of eh, but against any other of the 8 U2 shows I saw this year.

The BAD/People have the Power ending, Streets on this night were just awesome!

this was my 2nd fave of the 10 I saw. you' re right about that show.

I can't vote because unfortunately I haven't seen any of the shows listed. I have been to three this tour NJ1-5/17, MSG-11/22, and Hartford-12/7

I'd rank them:
11/22: My first time in GA, got front rail in front of Adam and pulled onstage during Mysterious Ways :)
12/7: My second time in GA with my entire family, got 2nd row in front of Adam
5/17: My first ever U2 concert

I didn't get around the country like I did in '01, but I'll cast my vote for 12/4 Boston. To me, 12/5 was even better.

There were many other things that made 12/5 better that will never come off on an audio recording, but maybe they would on video. Here's how I rank the years shows that I saw:

Tier 1:
=====
12/5 - spontaneous and a fantastic crowd. Probably the best 1st Set of the entire year IMO. Tons of snippets, Elvis and Santa Clause, great band and fan interaction. This was special.

12/4 - amazingly tight on this night. I missed out on the 3rd encore, but those two songs would not have put it over the 12/5 show for me. It was pretty standard fair until that point. Maybe 12/4 and 12/5 were the best nights back to back on the tour.

5/26 - Great departure from setlist and extended Bad - both gave this show big lift off. A true fans show.

Tier 2:
========
5/28 - great set but it felt forced and as if they were already on the plane out of there. Maybe I was expecting more.

12/7 - nice show, good mix of fans from all over. Hartford just shouldn't be a stop anymore.

10/3 - could have been great, I thought the place would come down after streets, but the band didn't depart with us on the journey. If so, the place would have completely gone off!

10/4 - A very good show but nothing special.

Tier 3:
=============
5/24 - kind of reminds me of the 1st show in '01 @ Boston - U2 a la average.

If I had it to do over again, I'd definitely get back to Montreal or somewhere in Canada again.

Chizip said:
Nothing at Vegas 2 comes close to these surprises.

right.

because mary j. blige and brandon flowers were completely expected.

:eyebrow:

i was at three of the shows on the list. i voted for vegas 2 just because i'm so damn proud that such a great show took place right here, and because so many people bitched beforehand that shows in las vegas suck when clearly they do not.

but for me, there was truly something special about phoenix 2. i took my twelve year old daughter to her first concert that night, i had amazing seats (five rows from the floor, edge's side) which were given to me by my sister-in-law, compliments of sony, bad was played, and bono spoke of the desert and what an amazing place it is, which was incredible to listen to because it's my home. there was just something in the air that night, and it was really beautiful.

u2rulesmyworld said:

how'd ya like to film my crotch?

u2rulesmyworld said:

i am not sure we would see much, the best zoom i have is 40x

do i have to jump around like an idiot while filming to get the video the way you like it?

some of us, low and behold, don't give a fucking shit about making some video so that we can boost our over blown feelong of self importance and would just rather :shocked: enjoy the shit out of the moment as it happens.

merry christmas.

Last edited:
i guess when you have nothing else to say you can always just try to crack a joke at somebodys post count.

but i guess thinking youre cool sneaking a camcorder into an arena and posting it in your signature, essentially taunting other people, is pretty nifty. i mean, who couldnt sneak anything in past security? not like it's a huge accomplishment or anything. anybody here could have easily taped all those shows by the same means you did, and i am sure other people have but aren't cocksuckers about it.

merry fucking christmas

:lock: :lock: Jeez close this thread if you guys can't be civil. Who cares about post counts, quit blabbing about filming shows and advertising it, the "F" word does not go with the word Christmas and now I have a headache! :ohmy:

thankfully the tapers who hooked us up for the boots from the final SEVERAL shows really made up for the pettiness that got this leg of the tour off to a really piss poor start as far as recordings go.

and to answer an earlier post, sure you can hoard what you tape... it's like a squirrel hoarding nuts that they collect... that's what they do. And as far as I know, they don't trade their nuts with other squirrels, they just play with their nuts by themselves.

U2rules... don't be a squirrel.
:wink:

it's too bad that your legacy on this board is what it is turning out to be. You're giving up pure celebrity the way I see it. And for what?

Last edited:
hmmmmm share my nuts?

exactly why should i do that?

You will get the same answer I have consistently given, i have shared more than anyone else from this tour, and for free and i dont feel the need to share EVERYTHING I tape

dont like that answer? i dont give a fuck

go tape/film a show and share it, until then, stfu about my sharing habits

The best USA show could be in NYC on October 14th.
That was great and electric performance by the band and the audience was in excellent mood.
The concert in NYC on October 11th comes pretty close to that one.

u2rulesmyworld said:
hmmmmm share my nuts?

exactly why should i do that?

You will get the same answer I have consistently given, i have shared more than anyone else from this tour, and for free and i dont feel the need to share EVERYTHING I tape

dont like that answer? i dont give a fuck

go tape/film a show and share it, until then, stfu about my sharing habits

by all means... you don't have to share anything.

but then don't go around bragging to people about all this shit that you have but aren't willing to show anyone, and don't go around criticizing other people who are just simply willing to share what little shitty video/audio they have.

Originally posted by u2wedge
and to answer an earlier post, sure you can hoard what you tape... it's like a squirrel hoarding nuts that they collect... that's what they do.

Er, I don't think U2RMW videos fell out a tree! Unless you can show me a pics of squirrels planting a seed, watching the tree grow, then collecting the fallen nuts they stash, don't even use such a flimsy comparison...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom