VertigoX2 appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KUEFC09U2 said:
i never said your "anti-U2", and i understand maybe you dont like what there doing now, but you need to relise that people DO like what there doing, and possibly dont want anything to change, but the people that dont like it seem to think they have the god given right to try and get it changed,

try and get it changed? Have you been tapping my phone and have you actually listened to the conversation I had with Bono last week..man you are going too far!:huh:

KUEFC09U2 said:
i never said your "anti-U2", and i understand maybe you dont like what there doing now, but you need to relise that people DO like what there doing, and possibly dont want anything to change, but the people that dont like it seem to think they have the god given right to try and get it changed,

You didn't say it directly but you encouraged us to boo, if you did that at a U2-concert, I guess I would call you anti-U2. To be honest I think a lot of the people who totally like the things they are doing right now, are people who are just starting to get into U2. The dissatisfaction comes from many of us long term fans, that are just getting fed up with them playing the same songs all over again AND at the same time neglecting a lot of great, great new and old stuff...(hmmm why do I think I get flamed for saying this?)

Zwervers2.. Hurry back and check up on the Stockholm request you made... RUN

zwervers2 said:

try and get it changed? Have you been tapping my phone and have you actually listened to the conversation I had with Bono last week..man you are going too far!:huh:
no you just need to see some of the posts in here

U2Man said:

You didn't say it directly but you encouraged us to boo, if you did that at a U2-concert, I guess I would call you anti-U2. To be honest I think a lot of the people who totally like the things they are doing right now, are people who are just starting to get into U2. The dissatisfaction comes from many of us long term fans, that are just getting fed up with them playing the same songs all over again AND at the same time neglecting a lot of great, great new and old stuff...(hmmm why do I think I get flamed for saying this?)

oh oh..now you are in trouble:wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:
no you just need to see some of the posts in here

How can I change something when I am not in the band?
Liek I posted earlier, everybody who comes here loves this band that is not the issue. I am just doubting the tour in europe which Im my HUMBLE opinion isn;t that good as in the US

yimou said:
Zwervers2.. Hurry back and check up on the Stockholm request you made... RUN

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U2Man said:
Hey what's that about Stockholm?

U2man these are the videos of Stockholm 1992..But my server at work doens;t allow these downloads anymore..I must have these damned...I hate my job haha

zwervers2 said:

U2man these are the videos of Stockholm 1992..But my server at work doens;t allow these downloads anymore..I must have these damned...I hate my job haha

The ones with Bjorn and Benny?

U2Man said:

well sorry i think we'll just leave it there, as it seems to come back to the "longterm" fan comment, i think you just need to look around here, and you will find some who have been fans alot long than me or you, loving this tour

U2Man said:

The ones with Bjorn and Benny?

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

If I'm too late will you repost it please....I'm going mental right now...I have been looking for this for so long...have to try to find a way to get out of the office:hmm:

I think you can relax Zwervers2 these libero.it links usually lasts for 7 days.

zwervers2 said:

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

If I'm too late will you repost it please....I'm going mental right now...I have been looking for this for so long...have to try to find a way to get out of the office:hmm:

Already replied to your request :wink:

U2Man said:
I think you can relax Zwervers2 these libero.it links usually lasts for 7 days.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!

I love this tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait till wednesday and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!

i enjoyed the show, (that i went to and will go again when they come back) i had GA tix, but i had my arms crossed and just stood still while they were playing cobl!! i think i send my message hahahah!!

but it was still a great show!

shaun vox said:
i enjoyed the show, (that i went to and will go again when they come back) i had GA tix, but i had my arms crossed and just stood still while they were playing cobl!! i think i send my message hahahah!!

but it was still a great show!

I love COBL live but I WILL protest during Vertigo twice. Must make a banner or something. something like
"my stomach can't cope with vertigo twice":wink:

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Vertigo x 2 is great when you're at a stadium. The second version is much better and the crowd are really up for it. Trust me, it really works live!

the funny thing is I actually like Vertigo and I love it as one of the closers. i just do not for the love of God see the point in playing it twice.

zwervers2 said:

the funny thing is I actually like Vertigo and I love it as one of the closers. i just do not for the love of God see the point in playing it twice.
full circle

zwervers2 said:
I love COBL live but I WILL protest during Vertigo twice. Must make a banner or something. something like
"my stomach can't cope with vertigo twice":wink:

I hope you don't hold up that banner at a show.:wink:

However, I have total faith that you will track down the band this week and discuss with them the general complaints and get their responses to post here.

Don't let us down. Its your town and a small one at that, I'm sure you should be able to bump into them.

Here's a list of things to ask them:

1)Vertigo x2 why? (obvious)

2) Crumbs absense (Don't forget to pin Bono down on that one.) He supposedly told some fan they would play it at Live 8, most important song :blahblah: :blahblah: and that caused a lot of wasted discussion here.

3) Pop/Zooropa songs that supposedly Adam told the DJ in Boston they would be playing in Europe.

4) Will they tour/come out with new material in 2006 (where?)

5) You might as well take the opportunity and tell them about issue with the song before the everyone's, maybe you can suggest that they make an announcement before and after the song saying "This is Wake Up by Arcade Fire"

6) And speaking of the Everyone's please find out why they dropped them.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know. I suggest you be prepared, like have quotes from them and stuff, really put them against a wall. Please help us, this shouldn't be that difficult.

Thanks in advance.:|

ramblin rose said:

I hope you don't hold up that banner at a show.:wink:

However, I have total faith that you will track down the band this week and discuss with them the general complaints and get their responses to post here.

Don't let us down. Its your town and a small one at that, I'm sure you should be able to bump into them.

Here's a list of things to ask them:

1)Vertigo x2 why? (obvious)

2) Crumbs absense (Don't forget to pin Bono down on that one.) He supposedly told some fan they would play it at Live 8, most important song :blahblah: :blahblah: and that caused a lot of wasted discussion here.

3) Pop/Zooropa songs that supposedly Adam told the DJ in Boston they would be playing in Europe.

4) Will they tour/come out with new material in 2006 (where?)

5) You might as well take the opportunity and tell them about issue with the song before the everyone's, maybe you can suggest that they make an announcement before and after the song saying "This is Wake Up by Arcade Fire"

6) And speaking of the Everyone's please find out why they dropped them.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know. I suggest you be prepared, like have quotes from them and stuff, really put them against a wall. Please help us, this shouldn't be that difficult.

Thanks in advance.:|

that IS a quit a task you are giving me Ramblin Rose!
I'll keep you posted. should not take a long conversation just 2 minutes to get the answeres to these, I must admit, interesting questions

ramblin rose said:

Would be cool (...) if they would get an announcer on stage saying which song it is. That was wake up by arcade fire here is U2 (no enthusiasme whatsoever in his voice) goodnight

Back
Top Bottom