U2 fans ruin shows...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo786

War Child
by singing along to every tune and singing too loudly so Bono cannot always be heard...

this has been my experience! i know U2 try to make it an audience participation thing but i wonder what it would be like if they just sang the songs and there was not as much participation...

the sound quality at all the gigs i went to has not been that great - which doesnt help

i am guessing the people who sing along dont really care because essentially they are not even listening to the same level as someone just listening...

any opinions?

I think I was singing at the show i went to.. I just couldnt hear me :shrug:

Clappers are far worse then singers :)

mo786 said:
by singing along to every tune and singing too loudly so Bono cannot always be heard...

this has been my experience! i know U2 try to make it an audience participation thing but i wonder what it would be like if they just sang the songs and there was not as much participation...

the sound quality at all the gigs i went to has not been that great - which doesnt help

i am guessing the people who sing along dont really care because essentially they are not even listening to the same level as someone just listening...

any opinions?

No offense, but are you kidding me?! :eyebrow:

I have sung and will sing at a U2 show. Couldn't care less if people don't like it. It is just a habbit. I sing with the radio all the time. I can still hear the band though.

Last edited:
I don't sing along - I'm backup!

This is why I could never be a taper. I am always amazed how they stay quiet the entire time.

"...U2 fans ruin shows... "

:rant: And you know what else I hate? When somebody puts cheese on my CHEESEBURGER!!!! :madspit: After I specifically order a cheeseburger with no cheese!!! :rant:

:| :| :|
My point is, while I completely agree that obnoxious, inconsiderate people can put a serious damper on one's concert enjoyment, without 1000s of screaming, dancing, yelling, jumping, flashing, SINGING fans, you don't have a concert. You just have a band rehearsal in a really large, empty venue. :der: Concert experiences can be sublime or substandard - but both of these usual depend on how determined you are from the outset to enjoy yourself. :yes:

Last edited:
mo786 said:

any opinions?

no offense, but do you have any real "news"? to me, this is old news. fans at just about *EVERY* concert i've ever been to suck - the screamers, the rowdy drunks who get violent and start fights, the gomper clappers, and the people who, sadly enough, think they can actually sing or carry a tune, and let's not forget the people who plunk down US$100 or more just to come to an arena and talk with their date/friend about how their day went.

bottom line: tasers and stun guns should be allowed into the venue, or perhaps that's at least an extra piece of gear tapers should smuggle into shows.. :macdevil:

lol @ tasers...

"this is the one campaign, everyone, please take out your tasers..."

*twinkling taser lights fill the crowd*

There's always assholes that ruin it for others, but I'm physically incapable of not singing along. I'm totally serious - I'd explode.

However, I can sing in tune, I promise you that. :wink:

i have a better voice than Bono, so the people next to me are always in for a treat.

people paid to be there, and they are free to sing if they want to, if you're on the floor then move if you don't like it or leave

mo786 said:

any opinions?

Well, hopefully you will one day attend a show where the crowd is 100% passive, doesn't clap, doesn't sing, doesn't participate in anyway, let's see if you like that.

nuke126 said:
people paid to be there, and they are free to sing if they want to, if you're on the floor then move if you don't like it or leave
I agree 100% and what are live shows all about?! Having a great time and enjoying the music , the energy and the freedom to do what ever you want. If you dont like the participation, then go in your car and listen. Hey if you become famous and have billions of dollars, then you can tell the crowd not to sing. LOL! Stop complaining!!!!! Enjoy life, it is too short.:wave: :wave: :D Peace

Singing along to the tunes is fine by me. I defy anyone to stand/sit at a U2 concert and not utter a note. C'mon, we all sing a few lines at least, don't we? It's part of the enjoyment (for me anyway) and I know I can't sing but if it's too loud for me to hear myself, I'm pretty sure no-one else can!!!

Now, squealers are different...........shoot the fucking lot of them I say!:wink:

mo786 said:

any opinions?
I could'nt agree more maybe the security should have tape to tape peoples mouths up before they enter the venue......and what about chainsaws to chop off their legs so they can't jump up and down :wink:

be at a U2 gig and not sing along??? just stand there and have a burger?

its a rock show, if stuff like that bothers people they're at the wrong place. singing along is a must-do, and it's an amazing feeling when 80000 sing along to the first 4-5 songs (like in dublin) and you cant even hear the B-Man on stage...THATS enthusiasm and only at a U2 show!

without that it'd just be "another concert"...

smoke pot, get pissed, pogo, sing, scream, lie on yer back, fuck

its a rock'n'roll gig. and most people like to parteeeeeeeey

if you want to concentrate on the intricacies of edges guitar work do it on your sofa

mikal said:
i have a better voice than Bono

Yeah, but that's not much of an achievment is it? It's not as if Bono has a half decent voice......it's quite crappy really :wink:

can you imagine what u2 would think if there audience just stood still and did not sing or jump around? i think they would call it a day!

U2 fans don't ruin shows,they make them.Just imagine 80,000 people all standing there with their hands in their pockets and their legs cemented to the ground like goobers,now that would be shit,me for one likes to see people enjoy themshelves.

u2 live shows are the best because of the energy-- singing along means a show usually is great... the most amazing moments are usually when the crowd is singing along... ie... still haven't found what i'm looking for in mexico popmart, one in SD1 Vertigo

andyuk said:
can you imagine what u2 would think if there audience just stood still and did not sing or jump around? i think they would call it a day!
I don't think that U2 really expects anything from their audience... Everybody pays good money for their shows, so they should deliver... Of course a band (not only U2) responds and probably plays better when a crowd goes crazy, but calling it a day and just walking throught their set while watching the clock would be unacceptable to me...

I don't however think U2 is like that... U2 are very thankful for what they've got and know they have to thank their fans for that...

bcrt2000 said:
u2 live shows are the best because of the energy-- singing along means a show usually is great... the most amazing moments are usually when the crowd is singing along... ie... still haven't found what i'm looking for in mexico popmart, one in SD1 Vertigo
I remember a broadcast of Where The Streets Have No Name in Rotterdam during Popmart... I remember the Santiago bootleg DVD from Popmart... These moments are special indeed; for U2 ánd the audience present... But even if the crowd at a gig is dull as hell... U2 still has to do their best, and they WILL!

Back
Top Bottom