Toronto I Setlist Watch and Party - FIRST PARTY OF THE THIRD LEG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FullonEdge2 said:

Of course they can "play" any other song off zooropa/pop, but zoo station did a good job of fitting into the show's setting. Do you really think they'd design a different concept for the show that would allow other songs from zooropa/pop relevant?

Dirty Day, Last Night On Earth, Do You Feel Loved ... they all rock and would fit in.

WGRYWH made the concert for me. Noone around me could believe what we were hearing - because we were in the ellipse, we were with all the hardcore fans who had be queuing all day. I'm sure those nearer the back had no idea what they were hearing ;)

namkcuR said:

They could play Staring At The Sun acoustically with relative ease I think. Discotheque, HMTMKMKM(If they can play LAPOE every night they can play that), Last Night On Earth.

And btw, I'm sure if someone told you before that they wished U2 would play Miss Sarajevo, you would've told them it didn't have a chance.

you're probably right:wink:

Honestly, if I could choose ANY 1 song for them to pull out of the closet for my Philly show, it would have to be Ultraviolet.

Holy sniekies! Imagine hearing Bono start singing their cover of Help!, then that awesome synth into kicks in, and before you know it Edge is blasting through the song's opening riff, and I'm standing there creaming my pants.

:drool:

Lancemc said:

:lmao:

I can't even imagine how surreal that performance must have been. Of all the possible surprise songs. Just, wow.

Hopefully they'll do something unexpected the second night in Philly. :D

My reaction was ... put it this way: my girlfriend watched me a lot more than the band during WGRYWH because I was more entertaining! :laugh:

Axver said:

Dirty Day, Last Night On Earth, Do You Feel Loved ... they all rock and would fit in.

but those songs don't fit into the scheme of going back to the days of Boy and Zoo Tv. ahh well, I'd love for you to be right though Axver.

So, what do you think they will open with tonight?

1. City of Blinding Light :)drool:)

2. Love and Peace

3. Vertigo

4. Something new

beau2ifulday said:
WGRYWH made the concert for me. Noone around me could believe what we were hearing - because we were in the ellipse, we were with all the hardcore fans who had be queuing all day. I'm sure those nearer the back had no idea what they were hearing ;)

I seriously screamed at each person near me how long it had been since U2 had done a full band, electric WGRYWH. Exact date and all.

I think I scared a couple.

Lancemc said:

2. Love and Peace

3. Vertigo

4. Something new

On Axver's Probability List:
1. COBL
2. Vertigo
3. LAPOE
4. ABOY
1000. Something else

FullonEdge2 said:

but those songs don't fit into the scheme of going back to the days of Boy and Zoo Tv. ahh well, I'd love for you to be right though Axver.

They fit into the general Fly/UTEOTW/MW scheme of rocking.

Axver said:

I seriously screamed at each person near me how long it had been since U2 had done a full band, electric WGRYWH. Exact date and all.

I think I scared a couple.

I hear you - hell, for one brief moment, me and this German girl who had been shoving me all night and was generally being a pain in the arse were united in our screams of excitement.

So where are we getting the setlist from tonight, anyone? Do we need to start scouring the internet for a source?

Lancemc said:
I hope they do open with COBL, that was just so gorgeous for an opener.

Agreed. It was so amazing. I absolutely loved LAPOE, but COBL was magical. That said, Into The Heart --> COBL was just as magical.

Lancemc said:

2. Love and Peace

3. Vertigo

4. Something new

I think they'll open with Vertigo tonight :yes:

It's the first night of the third leg so its very probable.

I really hope I get to meet some of you guys in Philly. I hear so many wonderful GA experiences, I'd love to meet some other pyschotic U2 fans in person. :wink:

timothius said:
Start the gig with We Are The Champions with thinly veiled references to The Ashes... simply for my amusement. :hyper:

:lol:

To celebrate both the Ashes and NZ's win in the triangular series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom