Time to drop Bullet now that RTSS has gone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
KUEFC09U2, it is an amazing thing, to see how you in the EXACT same thread have the nerve to call someone an idiot:

And then allow yourself to feel offended because someone speaks of fanatical and blind interferencers:

I've only got one thing to say about this: :tsk:
simple, me and many others are getting quite sick of being called sheep, or blind just because we are enjoying the shows, and we dont join in, in some people "bitching"

am sorry mate but your really starting to piss me off getting right up my nose for defending the band i love, i have every right to stress my opinion on ANY fact, but when someone makes a silly little comment calling us all sheep, or making other comments along the lines of "U2 shows are getting worse" even though many dont think they are,

well am not even gonna say anything else,

its actually getting to the point on this board where sometimes i feel like i have to apologise for liking the band

Maybe it would be better to discuss the unwise decision to drop RTSS after ressurecting it. What is wrong with this band? They dust off classics, play them really well, and then ditch them (An Cat Dubh, RTSS, Wild Horses).

And when they finally nail one of the new album's highlights (OOTS), they fail to make it part of the regular rotation, instead putting stale material like WOWY back into its same ol' tired slot.

I was REALLY enjoying hearing RTSS on this tour, especially with the bold move of bringing the harp solo to the beginning of the song. The dedication to U.S. Troops was unnecessary (and unrelated) but the performances were still great.

I don't mind Bullet because it's still an exciting part of the show, which is vital when you're sleepwalking through WOWY for the 10,000th time. There are other songs which would be better to drop.

laz

KUEFC09U2 said:
simple, me and many others are getting quite sick of being called sheep, or blind just because we are enjoying the shows

First of all, I cannot recall having ever called you by one of those things.
But my point was that it's quite hypocritical to weep and wail about this, even if you are being called this, when you have just called another person an "idiot" yourself. I really cannot see how you could deny that.

KUEFC09U2 said:

am sorry mate but your really starting to piss me off getting right up my nose for defending the band i love, i have every right to stress my opinion on ANY fact, but when someone makes a silly little comment calling us all sheep, or making other comments along the lines of "U2 shows are getting worse" even though many dont think they are,

well am not even gonna say anything else,

its actually getting to the point on this board where sometimes i feel like i have to apologise for liking the band

I don't have a problem with you defending your favourite band, but calling other persons "idiots" is not quite my idea of a clever defense.

Sorry if I piss you off, but I do think I have a right, too, to comment on any of your posts, that seem unreasonable to me or that I just don't agree with.

U2Man said:

First of all, I cannot recall having ever called you by one of those things.
But my point was that it's quite hypocritical to weep and wail about this, even if you are being called this, when you have just called another person an "idiot" yourself. I really cannot see how you could deny that.

I don't have a problem with you defending your favourite band, but calling other persons "idiots" is not quite my idea of a clever defense.

Sorry if I piss you off, but I do think I have a right, too, to comment on any of your posts, that seem unreasonable to me or that I just don't agree with.
so your telling me someone who isnt even a fan of the band (aka the review from U2tours.com in which the person i called an idiot) who got the ticket for nothing, still decided to go onto a U2 fan site, and totally rip into the band?

yes because thats very fair

KUEFC09U2 said:
so your telling me someone who isnt even a fan of the band (aka the review from U2tours.com in which the person i called an idiot) who got the ticket for nothing, still decided to go onto a U2 fan site, and totally rip into the band?

yes because thats very fair

I'm sure the site he posted it on would remove his review if they thought it was inappropriate, unreasonable and overstepping the mark.

Even though there are things in his review that I don't like either, for instance "U2 being overrated" and "growing old on stage", I don't think you have the right to call him an idiot, no I don't.

U2Man said:

I'm sure the site he posted it on would remove his review if they thought it was inappropriate, unreasonable and overstepping the mark.

Even though there are things in his review that I don't like either, for instance "U2 being overrated" and "growing old on stage", I don't think you have the right to call him an idiot, no I don't.
listen am fed up arguing with you after every post i make

Um...

200105b.gif

is it working?

You two guys should both just not communicate with each other at all......it will make life easier for both of you if you did so:yes:

relax, just do it......:wink:

U2dork said:

Alright, Dork.....everyone who posts something like that should immediately post a picture of herself. We need to see the person behind this....:wink:

LJT said:
You two guys should both just not communicate with each other at all......it will make life easier for both of you if you did so:yes:

relax, just do it......:wink:

I would strongly suggest heeding this advice if you guys cannot come to some sort of understanding. :|

I hate seeing you guys at each other's throats all the time, I really do. :slant:

neutral said:

zwervers2 called him an idiot first.

That is true, and it was just as wrong of him (sorry zwervers, but it was). zwervers2 didn't complain about other people calling him names, though. That's the difference.

Last edited:
i'm starting to wonder if you two even remember what you're fighting about at this point.

neutral said:

I would strongly suggest heeding this advice if you guys cannot come to some sort of understanding.

I hate seeing you guys at each other's throats all the time, I really do. :slant:
its ok... am just fed up with after every post i make that defends that band i seem to have this one person who is out to get me

KUEFC09U2 said:
its ok... am just fed up with after every post i make that defends that band i seem to have this one person who is out to get me

Somehow, I kinda feel the same thing is happening with every post I make. This one person....

noticed you never said anything bout your good friend zwervers2 , but him calling the guy an idiot was ok right?

I like Miss Sarajevo better than RTSS. Although I have no problem with RTSS. But having heard RTSS during my U.S. shows I'm hoping they keep MS in the setlist.

Oh wait, this thread was about dropping Bullet.:huh:

KUEFC09U2 said:
noticed you never said anything bout your good friend zwervers2 , but him calling the guy an idiot was ok right?

Dear KUEFC09U2

Please look up a few posts before attacking me unnecessarily like this.

I am eagerly awaiting your response.

Thank You,

U2Man

OK, back on topic.

Personally, I think Bullet absolutely needs to stay. The LAPOE --> SBS --> Bullet --> RTSS/Miss Sarajevo sequence is one of the best that U2 have done in years. The flow is superb and it does an excellent job of sending a very clear message.

I love the introduction of Miss Sarajevo - not only is it a complete surprise, but Bono's singing on it is EXCELLENT. What disappoints me is how everyone on Interference was so excited when it debuted, but now, just a few days afterwards, so many people are bitching and whining. Our good moods sure don't last as long as our bad ones, do they?

Now, personally, I'd love to see Please in the set, and I'd also want RTSS to stay. I suspect both will be played in the US; in fact, I imagine RTSS and Miss Sarajevo will rotate. Though if I had my way, U2 would play something like this to end the main set ...

Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Running To Stand Still
Please
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride
--- end main set ---

If I must, the Human Rights Thingy would come between RTSS and Please, and I'd also like to put Crumbs From Your Table before or after Pride.

U2Man said:

Dear KUEFC09U2

Please look up a few posts before attacking me unnecessarily like this.

I am eagerly awaiting your response.

Thank You,

U2Man
yes, when neutral kindly reminded you who said it first, conveniant no? after you argued with me about it, someone reminds you who said it first,

hmm yes ok i think me and you should just leave it right there, and not respond to eachothers posts from now on

KUEFC09U2 said:
yes, when neutral kindly reminded you who said it first, conveniant no? after you argued with me about it, someone reminds you who said it first,

hmm yes ok i think me and you should just leave it right there, and not respond to eachothers posts from now on

It doesn't really matter who said it first. Does it somehow improve your case? Please vouch for your own posts in here, not other people's. It was YOU who was being hypocritical, zwervers wasn't.

Last edited:
Axver said:
OK, back on topic.

Personally, I think Bullet absolutely needs to stay. The LAPOE --> SBS --> Bullet --> RTSS/Miss Sarajevo sequence is one of the best that U2 have done in years. The flow is superb and it does an excellent job of sending a very clear message.

I agree with you. The transition between these songs is seamless.

I was playing this sequence to someone who has yet to see a show (will be going with me to DC in October) and she was blown away by it.

KUEFC09U2 said:

Hey there's an idea!

Seriously, it needs to stop. Whatever you guys need to do to stop arguing with each other and ruining threads, do it. The sword is being sharpened.

Back
Top Bottom