Tickets + MSG = miracle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Olov

Babyface
Hello all. I was wondering, is it common that tickets go onsale the same day as the show (extra tickets, when they know how much space the stage takes up)? That's usually the case in Sweden, but how is it in the US and especially in New York? And is there a lot of scalping going on the same day as the show takes place? I don't know how to do, wait until the day of the show or buy high priced tickets now (from ebay or professional scalpers). Any ideas? I could use all help right now! Thanks. :huh:

don't know if they will add tix day of show or not. But there are plenty of scalpers around MSG for any event. It's NY, anything you want, whenever you want it....just expect to pay through the nose for it.

There will probably be a handful of tickets released the day of the show for MSG (probably less than a dozen).

I also dont recommend buying scalped tickets in front of MSG. They are notorious for having plain clothes cops bust scalpers in front of MSG.

I think if you want to go to MSG or Boston youre going to have to fork over the cash.

Thanks. That means I have to look for tickets now I guess. Those dozen tickets will be off in no-time. But hey, I will never give up!:wink:

plain clothes? have you seen the garden recently? there's thousands of uniformed officers around every corner of the place at every semi-major event.

also as far as scalping in new york city goes... tickets are only allowed to be sold for face value + fees + 20%. anything more than that is illegal... which is why the thousand dollar prices for GA seats on eBay baffles me, and i really hope someone in new york's government does something about it... but, alas, i know... they won't.

also... the reselling of tickets is allowed 100 yards from the venue. so right next to the garden is illegal. a block away is perfectly kosher.

yeah, you're right, i was at the garden for the beastie boys in october, there were cops everywhere.... even when there isnt an event there tons of cops are walking around. it's cuz of penn station. across the street is kosher huh????

Right in front is bad, but around the block is OK??

Pardon me but...

WTF!?!?!

Like I said in another thread, I really hope Lardence busts his balls over this, he had guts effectively putting his neck on the guillotine like that on U2.com, as far as we fans go...but hey, Lardence couldn't really give a flight, as I like to say; and in case we forget, it's HIS band...

I don't think he may be able to solve the "TM funneling over huge blocks of tix to corporate fat cats and seat holders" problems, which were able to get most of the GA's in NY and NJ this time b/c there was only TM and no other companies handling tickets...but he may be able to free a few hundred more total, and alot of decent lower tier seats too.

I only hope we fans forgive him when his efforts aren't completely successful, and we don't crucify him.

ON second thought, it would take true guts for anyone on our part to say "four words" to Larry Mullen Jr.

Last edited:
For the last show U2 played at MSG in Oct. 2001, I got tickets through Ticketmaster.com 2 days before the show.

Back
Top Bottom