Show Start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
7:58:30PM – House Lights Down 0%
8:00.00PM – Opening act takes stage – 30% fixed lights 10% moveable 0% LED – 78% Audio
8:45.00PM – Opening act complete, leaves stage – tear down begins – House Lights Up 50%
8:48.10PM – First DAT track start “Clash – Rock the Casbah 3:42” – 86% Audio
8:52.52PM – Second DAT track start “Scissor Sisters – Filthy/Gorgeous 3:47”
------------------- Tear Down Ends - band prep start – drum kit clear – bass rig clear – guitar/keyboard stack clear – mic/in ear monitor test - #1 guitar test
8:56.39PM – Third DAT track start “Beatles – Revolution 3:21”
------------------- House Lights Down 0%
9:00.00PM – Show start “Love and Peace extended intro” - Search lights up – click track start
9:02.00PM – Love and Peace first verse – Search lights down - single white spotlight center stage Bono 85% power – 100% Audio

At first line “Lay Down” entire GA section is expected to fall to floor immediately, then jump up at first power riff…

Band joins…

Where is this from, and if it is official...should have a spoiler alert.

If not comment is cool, I told U GUYZ LPOE!!!11!!OMFG11!

Last edited:
This would be extraordinary if true, but the post above is right -- it takes at least 30/40 minutes between the opening act and U2, not just 15.

there's no way you could expect the entire GA section to fall on the floor and rise at the first riff. This post is B.S:madspit: :mad:

I hope this is not true.

Why start with the worse song in HTDAAB?

I am just hoping that the live version is much, much better than that horrific album version.

:down:

3:21 is the awesome, harder and louder version of Revolution.

If this is how the buildup will go, I approve heartily. :up:

OldTimerU2Fan said:

Oh my god, I thought this was just for fun?

Have I logged on to zootopia by accident?
\

Oh, me too. But until I see it in front of me, I'm a skeptic.

But damn, what a cool intro. I'm the sort of U2 fan that would be happy if they played Fisher Price xylophones for 2 hours and went home. Sure, there are songs I like better than others, but I'm not griping no matter what they start with.

Well, maybe I'd gripe if they covered Miami Sound Machine

(1. 2. 3. 4. come. on. ba. be. say.. you.... aaaaaarrrgrhh)

But otherwise, I won't gripe.

OldTimerU2Fan said:
\

Well, maybe I'd gripe if they covered Miami Sound Machine

Can you imagine?

Bono going...

"Come on , shake your body baby, do the conga
I know you can't control yourself any longer
Come on , shake your body baby, do the conga

Come on , shake your body baby, do the conga
Feel the rhythm of the music getting stronger
Don't you fight it 'til you tried it, do that conga beat"

I'm sorry... but that would be hilarious :rockon:

I don't understand the "lay down" concept. Are they going to tell everyone in GA to do it ahead of time?

Just seems kinda cheesy/lame to me.

They will probably fire a gun on the GA floor...everybody is bound to drop to the floor then. :wink:

U2@NYC said:
I hope this is not true.

Why start with the worse song in HTDAAB?

:down:

It's only "your" opinion. In my it's the best HTDAAB song or at least one of the best. I'll be very glad if it will open show/encore.

Last edited:
FANTASY ALERT!

Well, true this thread went astray. Basically no, none of this is true, but a figment of my imagination. This was just an idea that popped into my mind and I thought the last line about all of the GA section simultaneously lying down would have completed the joke. I wrote this after remembering seeing a setlist fot Willie Williams that included the intro segment into Elevation including the intro songs and their timing.

Although some think that it takes longer between bands, and some think it is a relatively loose schedule, it is quite the contrary. The shows typically are scheduled to the minute, if not the second due to venue curfews. When you re-read the latest statement by Willie he states: “Whatever we've got ready by 8.45pm on March 28th is what we go with.” On Elevation I think there were 3 songs between bands and with the printed setlist that Willie had, they were scheduled to the minute. I am sure the same will be true with this tour.

Anyway – that was relatively fun.

Zooropean103 said:

It's only "your" opinion. In my it's the best HTDAAB song or at least one of the best. I'll be very glad if it will open show/encore.

Naturally, everything I say here is my opinion... like everyone else's.

inmyplace13 said:
I don't understand the "lay down" concept. Are they going to tell everyone in GA to do it ahead of time?

Just seems kinda cheesy/lame to me.
[/QUOTE

Actually, every time Bono says the SECRET WORD, we all scream real loud.

And does everyone know the secret word?

Back
Top Bottom