Rumors of Vertigo Tour Cancelled due to Bono's Bad Back...are False!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Hi folks,
I got this news from a reliable source...atu2.com newsgroup. Their info is pretty much right on.

"@U2 has received confirmation from two sources that the recent rumors
of an impending cancellation of the Vertigo Tour are wrong. The rumors
began this week on Los Angeles radio station KROQ-FM, which reported
that a back problem affecting Bono would force cancellation of the
tour.

One source tells @U2 the rumor is "odd", and says "There is no truth in
these rumours - the band are currently in rehearsals to open in San
Diego as planned." A second source who prefers not to be quoted
directly has confirmed the rumors are false.

So, let's all relax a little and look forward to the tour starting... Just 39 DAYS TO GO!!!
:wink:

i love when rumors are confirmed false before i even hear of the rumor itself.

Actually, in the news thread here regarding Bono's Back dated 2/14 a couple of people quoted as saying that one of the two radio djs at KROQ, kevin was a announcer at the Grammy's thus giving him some credibility.. To me that means that just because he was there doesn't mean that the info he received was valid. I see it as they were just going off rumor and making assumptions based on that. They shouldn't of announced that on the radio without validating whether that was true or not.

Originally posted by Erin go bragh

Actually, Kevin was the announcer for the Grammy's, so he's got a bit more insight to the matter than "just another radio lackey".

Posted by dsmith:

"Thank you for posting this. As stated in the original post, this is just a rumor but since Kevin was the announcer for the Grammys, he did have access to some insider information and that gives this a bit more weight."

just my 2 cents..

When I first read the title of this thread I thought it read ..."due to Bono's Bad Breath..." and I thought WTF? :shrug: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom