Rumor on atu2.com about live 8 + L8 Set/Songs Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KUEFC09U2 said:
bono has also pretty much confirmed crumbs though?

I think he confirmed Pride while on stage in London, I'm not sure though. But if he has, it will be hard for him to run from.

Pride and Crumbs were both Semi confirmed on ITV program.
I think U2 will want to put on a ROCK show so:

sgt Peppers
Vertigo (As its the current Single)
Pride (Promised)
Streets (Think U2 Think Streets)
Crumbs (All but Promised)
Bear in mind last time they had 20mins, the biggest acts had 30 mins. U2 Are one of the biggest acts so maybe time for

Beauitful Day

One will NOT feature. Its almost 2 sombre

I love Crumbs and it would be perfect for Live8, so I really hope it gets played, but realistically I don't think there's any chance it will be. It would be highly unusual for U2 to take a song they have never played live before and debut it at such a high-profile, important event. Nope, it's not gonna happen.

Pride (picking up where they left off)
Where the Streets Have No Name (This is essentially THE U2 song)
Crumbs From Your Table (it would be awesome for a premiere)
Beautiful Day (one of the most recent hits)
Vertigo (to end the show on a high note)

I will be shocked if Crumbs is played at Live8. I dont think Bono ever said they would play it (even if he did, as others have said take it with a grain of salt). I think he said they would like to play it then. He has said the same thing about MANY songs over the years that were NOT played at all.

Fact of the matter is the song hasnt even been soundchecked since Brussels that I'm aware of. If they were planning to debut it on live TV at a huge event like this I think they would be practicing it quite a bit. Not sure what they soundchecked in Cardiff though. If they worked on it there, then it could be a possibility. If they didnt, I would say its VERY doubtful its going to get played at this event.

If they open with "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", how could they possibly *not* follow up with "With A Little Help From My Friends"???

Last edited:
speedracer said:
If they open with "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", how could they possibly *not* follow up with "With A Little Help From My Friends"???

We don't know - they might do. It's not unlikely, would be cool.

Here's the totally serious, totally confirmed setlist, from the B-Man himself.

Ito Okashi --> Scarlet --> Grace (medley)

Heaven And Hell

Vertigo (acoustic, of course, since by that time, the crowd would be close to riot, so, let's get it all the way there!)

The band run as rioting concertgoers tear down Wembley Stadium, and everyone except U2 die. Yeah, it's the unfortunate truth.

Now,if there's a Beautiful Day (the song), maybe they'll skip ONE...but I don't think so...

I still say

Sgt Peppers
Beautiful Day
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Crumbs From Your Table

You can't help 3rd world countries without some PITNOL :wink:

petrocs said:
I dont think they'll play Vertigo..

Streets
One
Pride

they have to do SOMETHING new!! when i watched u2 at live aid, i thought they didnt do anything new at the time (including a tossed "pride" but they did BAD. which was new at the time. so they should do something new again.

popmart86 said:

they have to do SOMETHING new!! when i watched u2 at live aid, i thought they didnt do anything new at the time (including a tossed "pride" but they did BAD. which was new at the time. so they should do something new again.

eh..... CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE!!! :drool: :rockon: :faint:

U2 will play just One at Live8...

...conformed in several UK newspapers this morning.

They will open with Macca and Sgt Peppers, before playing One and then leaving.

I'm sure it'll be great, but (if true) a shame that we won't get at least one more track from them as most artists are playing at least three tunes each.

USA Today referred to U2 as "headlining Live8".

I bet they'll do more than that.

U2Man said:
I think the heads of our boys should have been scaled down a bit.
oh for gods sake get a life and stop getting on there backs after everything they do

rumour over on atu2.com about live 8

and U2 only getting to play one song, which will be one

i doubt if this is true, as i cant see U2 only being given one song, when all the rest get 15 minutes

But they have a gig later that day in Vienna so would have to play their set (or song) at 2pm then bail out, get to Vienna, rehearse then showtime. It'll be a wee bit tight.

achtung y'all said:
But they have a gig later that day in Vienna so would have to play their set (or song) at 2pm then bail out, get to Vienna, rehearse then showtime. It'll be a wee bit tight.

how about soundcheck in vienna tonight. then back to london for live8. then fly out to vienna to arrive before 8pm tomorrow? that would give them enough time to play more than 1 song

just a thought....

am pretty sure they will play more than 1, and this is just a nasty rumour. i havent seen any mention of it anywhere else, and i have read somewhere an article that says EVERY band performing will get 15 minutes

KUEFC09U2 said:
am pretty sure they will play more than 1, and this is just a nasty rumour. i havent seen any mention of it anywhere else, and i have read somewhere an article that says EVERY band performing will get 15 minutes

Nope...I heard the Killers talking on Radio 1 yesterday with Jo Whiley and they only have enough time to play one song: 'All these things that I've done' if anyone's interested.
That said though, I'd find it hard to imagine that a band of U2's calibre would be denied a more generous slot.

Back
Top Bottom