Prediction: close in Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sv

The Fly
There is simply no way Portland will be the closer city. Town closes at 10 PM, no supermodels, high rate of depression, etc. (though undoubtedly very nice, down-to-earth people, beautiful landscapes, etc.).

Las Vegas, the penultimate party town especially if you're a celebrity, is conspicuously absent on the tour itinerary. My bet is that at least one Las Vegas date will be added to close the tour.

Wouldnt shock me, but I think the Bay Area would be more likely. I would say both but I dont think there is enough time before Christmas to do both and I think the band will wrap up the N. American tour before Christmas.

romi said:
Popmart ended in Seattle. Not much different from Portland

I dont really want to argue about this, because its obviously very possible that Portland is the closer. But comparing it to Seattle. Seattle is a MUCH bigger market than Portland. So they are not really that much alike IMO. So Portland is an odd place to the end the tour. Then you factor in that the Bay Area is being grossly underplayed at this point and they are skipping Vegas which they traditionally play. I dont think its a stretch that people think that Portland may not end the tour. I think we will know for sure in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Talk about grossly underplayed...its all becoming clear, they are going to close in Calgary!!!:lol:

theedge111 said:
Talk about grossly underplayed...its all becoming clear, they are going to close in Calgary!!!:lol:

:lol: Ok, I will give you that one.

Actually, the grossly underplayed King where there are some BIG fans would be the entire continent of South America. I would say Australia also but I think they are headed there next year for sure.

Well, I am relatively new to this forum and almost never post...but some thoughts here...

If they were to go to the Bay Area after Portland, you have to assume two dates...Given that they don't play three days in a row, you'd have to assume Dec 21 & 22...Factor in that you basically lose a day (flight time and time change) flying from California to Ireland, and they are pretty much arriving home on Christmas Eve day. Is it possible they would do this? Anything is possible. Does it make more sense that they would do this than add dates for Bay Area/Vegas during a much bigger gap in early November when they are already on the west coast? Not remotely...IMO...:)

they have to do at least one show in vegas. if so, i've gotta go. Vegas and u2, dangerous combination for me. might not make it out of the desert alive.

BradF23 said:
Well, I am relatively new to this forum and almost never post...but some thoughts here...

If they were to go to the Bay Area after Portland, you have to assume two dates...Given that they don't play three days in a row, you'd have to assume Dec 21 & 22...Factor in that you basically lose a day (flight time and time change) flying from California to Ireland, and they are pretty much arriving home on Christmas Eve day. Is it possible they would do this? Anything is possible. Does it make more sense that they would do this than add dates for Bay Area/Vegas during a much bigger gap in early November when they are already on the west coast? Not remotely...IMO...:)

Thats true, I hadnt really looked at the entire schedule. Vegas and/or the Bay area would make more sense after the Staples shows in Nov. So maybe the N. American tour is ending in Portland. :shrug: I wonder what the hold up is in announcing those dates though at this point.

Las Vegas was originally planned for November 5th on the original itinerary, so perhaps it will be added to the schedule, as perhaps Oakland will be also. Another option would be to play in Oakland on December 21st to end the US tour.

It makes sense that the fall leg is ending on the West Coast, since the stage would have to be shipped from the West Coast to Australia/Japan anyway.

Popmart ended in Seattle on Dec. 12th and the boys left early the next morning back to Ireland to be home for the holidays. The Portland show is less than a week before Christmas this time and I'm betting they are going to be on the plane right after the show. Don't forget about the fact that the entire crew and security still has to take care of their stuff and get home in time for the holidays as well. If they add shows like Vegas or Oakland I'm sure it will be in the gap after LA.

Back
Top Bottom