Plane Tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jet blue has the most comfortable seats....doesnt sound important but if your stuck in a seat for more than three hours than i want to be comfortable

I :love: Southwest. I use them 90% of the time. I think I flew American to Boston for the Elevation tour.

JetBlue is a great airline, but actually isn't always the cheapest (b/c it is so popular). Check Song too, although I'm not sure they are flying to SD from NYC yet. Unless you live far out on Long Island, Southwest from the NYC area isn't really an option, the trek to the airport is long (like 90 mins.-2hours) and costs some money. American and I think Continental have non-stops there. I usually check someplace like Orbitz first to get a sense of prices among different airlines (they usually aren't good about being up to the minute with Jet Blue though) but then go straight to the airline site to double-check and book.

Last edited:
Pop Artist said:
JetBlue is a great airline, but actually isn't always the cheapest (b/c it is so popular). Check Song too, although I'm not sure they are flying to SD from NYC yet. Unless you live far out on Long Island, Southwest from the NYC area isn't really an option, the trek to the airport is long (like 90 mins.-2hours) and costs some money. American and I think Continental have non-stops there. I usually check someplace like Orbitz first to get a sense of prices among different airlines (they usually aren't good about being up to the minute with Jet Blue though) but then go straight to the airline site to double-check and book.

i live on the Nassau-Suffolk border... Macarthur is probably about the same distance from me as LGA or JFK... probably closer when you factor in the traffic.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i live on the Nassau-Suffolk border... Macarthur is probably about the same distance from me as LGA or JFK... probably closer when you factor in the traffic.

Well in that case, Southwest is quite cool.

Southwest will offer you the most options into San Diego...74 flights a day. They are the primary carrier, as they are in many of the so cal cities. They don't fly into a lot of the major hubs however (Denver, OHare, Boston, Atlanta, DFW, Newark, JFK, LaGuardia, Washington Dulles) but will fly into cities nearby (Long Island Islip, Baltimore-Washington, Manchester NH, Providence, Dallas Love, Chicago Midway)

Delta has been cutting service to SAN as they closed their DFW hub. That being said, their fares are pretty competetive.

America West offers great deals into SAN.

British Airways has a nonstop 777 flight from London Heathrow for UK fans.

Air Canada also flies nonstop from Toronto.

Try all the travel sites, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia...just remember that Southwest doesn't use any of those and you can only get their fare through their website.

Last edited:
Southwest has actually given me the best prices I've seen in weeks. Thanks for the advice! :up:

Back
Top Bottom