New York V Setlist Watch and Party Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm backing slowly out of here now. I'll be texting Lila from Philly on Sunday. Unless the party gets mean again. Then I'll keep the setlist to myself! :madspit:

timothius said:

:yes:

jerryshow3.jpg

BWAHAHA :lmao:

Thanks a lot for the setlist Lila!

Circa1992, I'm glad you got to listen to a lot of the concert.

Actually, no. I'm downright jealous that you got to!

The Axver bashing here is really just :|

All he's saying is that though he loves the setlist as it is, there's no way you can play the same freakin thing 5 nights in a row in the same city!

Look at Elevation/Vertigo 4th Shows! Even 3rd Dublin Show had greater variety! U2 have set themselves high standards, and they know that their fans (hardcore ones like us) are just waiting for 5th night (because we're waiting for suprises) :drool:

You don't want a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these badboys

rex_kwon_do.jpg

Axver said:

What is my journal meant to prove? That I like to write down thoughts? How terrible of me, I should've known only arrogant people do that.

Jesus buddy, lighten up! Be happy! Put on some songs that make you chill out and smile

mirrorballman said:
The Axver bashing here is really just :|

All he's saying is that though he loves the setlist as it is, there's no way you can play the same freakin thing 5 nights in a row in the same city!

Look at Elevation/Vertigo 4th Shows! Even 3rd Dublin Show had greater variety! U2 have set themselves high standards, and they know that their fans (hardcore ones like us) are just waiting for 5th night (because we're waiting for suprises) :drool:

THANK YOU. :)

I'm glad you understand what I'm saying.

Since when do high standards include varying the setlists from one night to the next.

Why don't we wait until reports start coming in from tonights show to see if the show really did live up to their standards of a remarkable live performance.

LemonMacPhisto said:
You don't want a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these badboys

rex_kwon_do.jpg

:lmao: for some reason that picture reminds me of Pop Bono :lol: imagine if Bono had been casted for that role...

Lancemc said:
Since when do high standards include varying the setlists from one night to the next.

Why don't we wait until reports start coming in from tonights show to see if the show really did live up to their standards of a remarkable live performance.

Again, NOT A SINGLE PERSON is denying that you will have an awesome time at the show!!! Why is that so hard to understand??

All I'm saying is, jeez, 5th night boys, and you guys are known for mixing it up a bit when it's "Party time" in a city! Why not a different opener? Why not mix up the encores just a bit?

Lancemc said:

ya I don't really seem to understand why everyone wants setlist varieties when they're not even at the show. Is it so they can imagine what bono would be sounding like? What does anyone have to gain from a new song being played every night? The chance you'll hear it when u go to a concert? I guess I'm a casual u2 fan then, because I've loved all the setlists. :huh:

Axver said:

THANK YOU. :)

I'm glad you understand what I'm saying.

Axver,

I've got your back, and I'm NOT an asskisser at all. No one deserves to get bashed for having a different opinion. You never personally attack people, are helpful with U2 info, etc. No worries man.

catlhere said:

ya I don't really seem to understand why everyone wants setlist varieties when they're not even at the show. Is it so they can imagine what bono would be sounding like? What does anyone have to gain from a new song being played every night? The chance you'll hear it when u go to a concert? I guess I'm a casual u2 fan then, because I've loved all the setlists. :huh:

Bootlegs and setlists parties. Thats it. I dont think either are on U2's list of priorities for apeasement.

Like I said, I expected a little variety tonight. Looking at their touring history when they play this many shows, it is a tad of a let down from the setlist variety perspective. Still a good setlist. Can you imagine if prior to the third leg, this setlist got posted as what would get played? People would be freaking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom