MSG New York Show - Saturday, March 19th!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuminousTimes

The Fly
There are quite a few ticket brokers selling tickets to a U2 event at MSG this Saturday? Does anyone know anything about it? I can't find anything about it on any of the u2 fan sites. The ticket prices of course are outrageously high and basically unaffordable but there are no events listed that night on the MSG site.

Anyone? Any ideas?

no clue, heard about the rehearsal show before the tour but nothing about this.

Aren't they in vancouver?

Please do.

Worrisome. In wake of all the recent ticket-buying madness, I don't think I can handle the stress of trying to get into another U2 event...

Just checked the website for KROCK (92.3FM) in NYC and didn't see anything about an announcement for Saturday. They did have, this, though, which I thought'd post:

(they've been playing U2 all day today in honor of St. Patrick)

U2 Things Happening Tonight

9:00 - Top 5 U2 Songs of all time... voted by you.

9:30 - U2 Live From Mexico City from the "Pop" Tour... Never Broadcast in the U.S.

11:00 - Matt Pinfield's interview w/ U2 from the Sony Studios, recorded on 11.21.04.

jon_lemire said:
Please do.

Worrisome. In wake of all the recent ticket-buying madness, I don't think I can handle the stress of trying to get into another U2 event...

:yes:

:crazy:

I will turn completely grey before my 33rd birthday on Tuesday!

Last edited:
Wasn't that one of the dates in NY prior to the month delay? If I recall U2 was supposedly playing in NY for St Patrick's day also.

ramblin rose said:
Wasn't that one of the dates in NY prior to the month delay? If I recall U2 was supposedly playing in NY for St Patrick's day also.

I think you're quite right there. New York was listed for March 19 and 20 and a lot of people were saying there would be a show announced for the 17th with that.

Christine!!! OMG I just got home when Sam called, LOL. I'm checking and YES two brokers so far are listing U2 tickets for sale THIS SATURDAY!

I just got off the phone with one of them because since I couldn't get through to a live person at MSG and there's nothing listed for the 19th (a Knicks game on the 21st only)... so I called.

I pretended I was ready to purchase and she was going ahead with it. I asked what was the special event because the Vertigo Tour hadn't begun she didn't know so she called the associate broker but they were closed... I left my name/number to hear back in the morning at 8am EST.

Maybe it's a fundraiser? $4000 a seat or something? Maybe just a mistake? I"m freaking out now, LOL!

mishka
OUT OF CONTROL
... in the City of Blinding Lights

A posting on U2tours.com has the old dates at MSG being March 17th, 19th, and 20th, so that is a possible explanation.

Anyone call one of the brokers for more info?

OK..the 1800 367-8695 one is disconected go figure...and the other 367-8695 one is closed...I'm sure it's BS

jon_lemire said:
A posting on U2tours.com has the old dates at MSG being March 17th, 19th, and 20th, so that is a possible explanation.

Anyone call one of the brokers for more info?

The first link I gave for "goodtime tickets" is the ticket broker I used to get tickets for the Grammy Awards last month. They are a legitimate business. I picked up the tickets in person from them. They are based in Hollywood. Anyway, they are closed right now. I will call them tomorrow morning and ask them what they know. I do not know about the other listings i posted but I know them.

LuminousTimes said:

The first link I gave for "goodtime tickets" is the ticket broker I used to get tickets for the Grammy Awards last month. They are a legitimate business. I picked up the tickets in person from them. They are based in Hollywood. Anyway, they are closed right now. I will call them tomorrow morning and ask them what they know. I do not know about the other listings i posted but I know them.

I didn't know you could buy tickets for the grammys!!!!! I would've loved that!

one4u2 said:

I didn't know you could buy tickets for the grammys!!!!! I would've loved that!

You can buy tickets for the grammy's. They are pricey...the cheapest i found were $450 a seat on up to like $1000 a seat. I had a blast. It is a fun event to attend if you can afford it. But of course the only reason I went was because U2 was playing. Otherwise, it would not be worth it to me.

it is a mistake. the reason you see it on several brokers sites is because they all use the same database of tickets. they don't each have tickets, one broker does and he posted the INCORRECT date when he was entering the date into the broker database. there is no u2 garden show this saturday (and i will be in nyc, so i wish there was)

bridonohue said:
it is a mistake. the reason you see it on several brokers sites is because they all use the same database of tickets. they don't each have tickets, one broker does and he posted the INCORRECT date when he was entering the date into the broker database. there is no u2 garden show this saturday (and i will be in nyc, so i wish there was)

Thanks for solving the mystery....I really didn't understand why no one was reporting it at all.

Back
Top Bottom