Milan Setlist Party (bored At Work So Starting Early)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. I won't be able to make the party. Have to pick up relatives at the airport and go to Universal Studios... :wave:

it would be funny if they snippetted Electrical Storm during One today, nobody would believe it

discothequeLP said:
$20 says that there's no Vertigo 2 tonight -- any takers?

i raise your twenty to say that they won't open with Vertigo...
'cos they'll want Vertigo in the DVD but with the effects... then again they'll want 40... i dunno one or the other

I fully agree with this - I am predicting on whatever DVD comes out - the show will end with 40.

Which raises the question of validity of Vertigo x2 if the band sees it proper to release a DVD with 40 as the closer (as it should.)

Why play Vertigo x 2 at all???

That's interesting. Considering they're filming a DVD and Vertigo 2 is a staple in Europe, don't you think they'd include it.

If they didn't do Vertigo 2, the DVD wouldn't be representative of the European leg. It would almost be false advertising.:wink:

hmm, good point about the lights for Vertigo. what would they open with if not Vertigo? that must mean there will be a Vertigo 2 tonight, just not on the DVD (hopefully)

One of the DVD's will end with 40, one will end with the second Vertigo. Bono's Birthday show already had the second Vertigo to close, but they also filmed the night before when they ended with 40 so they could edit that in instead.

I'd rather see the second Vertigo on the European DVD since it was a staple of the European Setlists.

ramblin rose said:
That's interesting. Considering they're filming a DVD and Vertigo 2 is a staple in Europe, don't you think they'd include it.

If they didn't do Vertigo 2, the DVD wouldn't be representative of the European leg. It would almost be false advertising.:wink:

You could say the same about adding Miss Sarajevo too...not exactly a song representative of the European leg either :)

discothequeLP said:
hmm, good point about the lights for Vertigo. what would they open with if not Vertigo? that must mean there will be a Vertigo 2 tonight, just not on the DVD (hopefully)

maybe they'll open with Vertigo use the second Vertigo in the DVD? i dunno

UKTan said:

You could say the same about adding Miss Sarajevo too...not exactly a song representative of the European leg either :)

You're right about that. So depending on what they do tonight they'll have to continue to do it for the rest of the leg.

Then there can't be any complaints of false advertising for the DVD.:wink:

Chizip said:
One of the DVD's will end with 40, one will end with the second Vertigo. Bono's Birthday show already had the second Vertigo to close, but they also filmed the night before when they ended with 40 so they could edit that in instead.

I'd rather see the second Vertigo on the European DVD since it was a staple of the European Setlists.

Milan being released, Chicago not likely...

U2.com

I think that they will finish with Vertigo today or tomorrow and after that they will put the Vertigo 2 at the beginning of the DVD.
We have to remember that they will film the two Milan nights and they will mix up the both nights on the dvd as the did for Boston. So some songs on the DVD will be from 20/7 and some from 21/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom