MERGED-->Who's opening up for the late (december) tour dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveydave

The Fly
Who's opening up for the late tour dates?

It seems incredibly late for U2 not to have announced who will be opening up for them in December.

Does anyone have an information or rumors?

Dave
daveydave@daveydave.com - in case you have something you don't want to share on the forum.

Damian's last show is November 9th.

Institute - November 13, 14, 16, 18 19

Patti Smith - November 21, 22

The Arcade Fire :drool: - November 25, 26, 28

no opener stated yet - December 4 - 12

Kanye West - December 14, 15, 17, 19

Re: Who's opening up for the late tour dates?

daveydave said:
It seems incredibly late for U2 not to have announced who will be opening up for them in December.

Does anyone have an information or rumors?

No info and no rumors yet - but you can see the list of openers in our Tour Dates forum.

I heard Super Furry Animals were going to open some dates, but again, that's just rumor at this point.

BrownEyedBoy said:
Who the hell is Institute?? :huh: :down:
I love how you make a judgement from a position of total ignorance. :rolleyes:

So far this year, I've heard Kings Of Leon 4 times, Dashboard Confessional twice, and Institute twice. Institute was by far the best of the bunch.

Opening band for December dates?

Has there been any word on who the opening band will be for the remaining dates that are TBD? I'm asking because I have tickets for the Hartford show and may also catch the first of the last two Boston shows.

I find it strage that these are the only dates on the tour where an opening band has yet to be announced. Does the delay mean that a bigger artist or band is in the works? Has this happened in the past? Will U2 play longer and there simply won't be an opening band? While the latter question would be a dream come true for all diehard U2 fans, I doubt very much that it would happen.

If anyone has any information or knows of any rumors going around as to potential bands, I'd be interested in knowing. Thanks!

Heard a rumor about R.E.M. on here a while back. Really hoping there's some truth to it for the Charlotte show. R.E.M. snubbed us on their last tour.. Charlotte was one of the first cities outside of Athens they broke into in the early 80s, and U2 and them have always been pretty close.... that... or the Killers would be cool too, they have no tour dates through the end of the year.

An unannounced, no frills, 45 min set by the original 4 members of REM would be very cool. Just for the fact that all the opening act whiners would miss the performance!!!.

u2fp

I'm starting to think that it could indeed be Super Furry Animals and they are just waiting until they finish their own tour dates in the same areas as the U2 shows, so as not to cannibalize their own audience. Which means they may announce it at the end of this week, early next.

But I could be wrong. :)

any early-december opening act rumors?

just a few weeks until the early december shows...any one heard who may (or may not) be opening?

Back
Top Bottom