MERGED--> travel shows + Flying to multiple shows? Which ones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SFGAL

The Fly
Flying to multiple shows? Which ones?

Okay I know I'm not the only U2 dork going to multiple shows....

I am not going to any Europe shows but am flying to Seattle/Vancouver and Chicago to see shows.

So far what shows are people flying or going long distances to see??

Me:

Home-area of San Jose 2 No flying involved but still gotta drive 1-2 hours to San Jose anyway

Chicago 2

Seattle 1 & 2

Vancouver 1 & 2

I'm flying all the way from Australia to see the three Boston shows.

I'm flying from Boston to Denver to see the 2 shows there. I have tix for Boston 1 and 2 and am working on 3. I'm a total dork as I waited to plan my April vacation (I'm a school teacher) around where ever U2 was going to be playing at the time. I am so thankful that my husband is also a U2 fan and is willing to go along with my total mania! It's great to be married to your best friend!

neutral said:
Probably just to Chicago on this leg. I think Axver has the longest trip on the site so far. :wink:

Can I now claim to be the most dedicated fan on the forum? Woo! :rockon:

(Yes, I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and use that smiley.)

bono_man2002 said:
From Melbourne:
Stop At Auckland
To Los Angeles
To San Diego
To Anahiem
To Los Angeles
To Melbourne

:) I challange you to beat that! :)

My flight from Brisbane to Boston will beat that, I think. I haven't booked it yet, but I'll have to change at a western US city to fly to Nashville (and maybe Auckland to get to the US, like you), meet up with Purplicious, then fly up to Boston. Oh, and I may be calling into New York before travelling up to Boston.

I don't know how long the flight will be, but I am told the Pacific crossing is 15 hours.

neutral said:
yes you are now officially a "real fan"! :wink: :laugh:

:rockon: If I knew it was this easy, I would have just flown to Dublin a year ago! *tear* My dream of being a real fan shall finally come true!

(I think bono_man and I are very much proving our dedication to U2 right now!)

bono_man2002 said:

Beaten easily....You'll have to probabley stop at Los Angeles and Chicago or just L.A.

The way it looks now, though, I won't be going directly there. I'll be flying to Nashville and spending some time with Purplicious before we head up to Boston.

My trip from LA to Nashville will probably beat whatever distance you gain from flying to Auckland first. I find it interesting that you're not doing a direct flight, as I know they do fly directly from Melbourne to the US west coast. There's a crossing a day to Sydney, and a second one that I believe alternates between Brisbane and Melbourne.

I live in the Boston area but I don't have tickets to any of the Boston shows. I'll just have to be content with flying for 2 San Diego shows, 3 Chicago shows, and 2 Dublin shows! :D

Seattle 1 for sure, Seattle 2 (maybe)

All the England Shows maybe (not sure about Cardiff yet)

All Dublin Shows. :)

Maybe NYC.

Last edited:
Flying from NYC to San Jose for the two shows there, just can't wait for them to get here (of course I'm still going to the NY/NJ shows). :D Might hit Boston 3 if I can get a ticket, that's only a bus trip though.

flying from Atlanta to Chicago for one show, then Atlanta to Philly for one show :drool:

travelling from central UK to Dublin, manchester, amsterdam and Katowice & thinking about paris brussels and london

Orlando to San Diego for 3/28 and Orlando to Denver for 4/20
Friends joining me will be coming from Toronto
That'll be all for the first leg - more in the fall

I love to travel for U2.

Texas to San Diego
Texas to San Jose
Texas to Phoenix

in 3 weeks time. :crazy:

I crossed the Pacific for Love Town and it was one of the most exciting times of my life, so I can't wait to hear about your trips Axver and Bono-Man2002! :)

EPandAmerica said:
I crossed the Pacific for Love Town and it was one of the most exciting times of my life, so I can't wait to hear about your trips Axver and Bono-Man2002! :)

You came here for Lovetown? I envy you so much! That even came to my home town - Wellington, New Zealand - but I hadn't even turned three, so I missed out while my father and uncle went.

EPandAmerica said:
I love to travel for U2.

Texas to San Diego
Texas to San Jose
Texas to Phoenix

in 3 weeks time. :crazy:

I'm eyeing the news of Australian dates with great interest. Always wanted to see Australia and I have enough frequent flyer miles right now to go for free! I'm hoping that they will be shifted to 2006 so I can go, if they are the original December dates mentioned, then I can't. :(

Florida to Dublin..hopefully I will get tickets to the first show(I have for the second) and if I can get tickets I will be flying to the NJ/NY shows as well.

Back
Top Bottom