MERGED-->Europe and UK Support act ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RA-D

War Child
Who do you reckon will support in Europe?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

We've heard that The Kings Of Leon are going to be the supporting act on the first American leg of the tour but who do you think will be supporting the European leg. Will it be one artist or different ones? Serious suggestions only please, who do you think possible, not who you'd like...

UK Support act ?

Has anyone heard who it will be. Hoping for Snow Patrol / Embrace / Feeder.
Not bloody Kellis again !!!

snow patrol snow patrol snow patrol snow patrol snow patrol snow patrol snow patrol snow patrol snow patrol snow patrol snow patrol snow patrol

PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEE!!!!

Definitely not Kellis again!! lol

Feeder would be cool but I highly doubt it'll be them as they are touring with R.E.M. at a similar time.

The Thrills or Franz Ferdinand would be a great :)

I dont mind, I just hope for someone decent. A lot of the rumoured ones thus far are good!

Americans are lucky to get Kings Of Leon!

I'm sorry but I'd hope for The Killers. Lively, catchy etc and not that well known, therefore viable for a stadium support slot.

Thats who I want anyway ;)

The Killers, Keane, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, I would love.

Feeder are supporting REM so I wouldnt think it'd be likely that they would support U2 at the same time.

Last edited:
fluffy123 said:
Are Feeder supporting REM on the uk summer tour....?!?!?!

Where is this reported???

I heard it on either CD:UK or a music channel, Think Virgin Radio said it as well!

Im well pleased cos Im seeing REM at Hyde Park!

i honestly think supports acts for U2 in the UK are been poor over the last few tours! elevation tour europe had stereophonics! in Ireland i saw Chilli Peppers and Coldplay!!! and in England we get bloddy Kelis!!!! i really hope we get a decent band who is worth watching this time round maybe The Killers, Kings of Leon, Snow Patrol, Keane, Franz Ferdinand, Embrace

killers would rock but their American aren't they? (correct me if i'm wrong) they would be my first choice honestly - going to see them next month and can't wait (and the tix only cost £17)
i would think it would be a Uk act though.

Bono should use his pulling power to get Noddy Holder and Slade out one last time. One of the greatest live rock bands to come out of the UK.

That would be some coup if he could pull that off.

Saw Kings of Leon a few weeks back. Not particularly impressed. No charisma and zero interaction with the audience - and that was in a small hall. I'd stay in the bar if they supported in the UK.

andyuk said:
i honestly think supports acts for U2 in the UK are been poor over the last few tours! elevation tour europe had stereophonics! in Ireland i saw Chilli Peppers and Coldplay!!! and in England we get bloddy Kelis!!!! i really hope we get a decent band who is worth watching this time round maybe The Killers, Kings of Leon, Snow Patrol, Keane, Franz Ferdinand, Embrace

God almighty I know, Kelis was awful and the crowd was utterly indifferent to her anyway. PJ Harvey did her bit on Zooropa at Glasgow and asides from smacking herself on the face with the microphone, was not particularly entertaining.

I also think it's fair to say that being u2's support is always going to be hard, when you know 60,000 people are tolerating you before their band comes on.

So it's really going to have to be the best band U2 can find, who will still be able to entertain their audience. Good luck to the unlucky sods whoever they are :wink:

Eddie Izzard? Billy Connolly? Peter Kay?

Wonder if that's ever been tried at a rock gig - might be pretty good in a surreal sort of way. Probably would have been a good Zoo TV moment.

can you imagine peter kay doing stand up in front of 60,000 people!!

the killers have said in the past how much they admire U2. The singer himself said in last weeks NME that he started crying when he heard One for the first time because it was so good and he wanted to write a song better than it......

id go for the killers or franz for the support slot, they would both be good

yes i agree the £50 would look not bad value then if we had a top act in support!

Well I remember hearing Adam say how he liked the new Kings of Leon album recently...and they are on tour with them in America

The Edge has said several times how much he likes Franz Ferdinands album...Heres a hoping for them to support! :)

i'd like franz to support them to be honest but i think the killers sound would be better suited to the stadiums.

although to echo what a couple of other ppl have already said, either of them bands supporting the best band in the world would be a bargain for 50 quid!

Ihope its a decent rock act too, whilst not particularly keen on Killers/Franz Ferdinand they would be good. Are you serious that Coldplay were a support act in 2001?
Personal choice would be Feeder or Snow Patrol, although I see Feeder in March so i'd prefer the latter and if Feeder are supporting REM anyway...Keane would also be good but I reckon they'd be too big for support now.

Back
Top Bottom