MERGED-->ALL Personal Vertigo DVD Reviews HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i got my deluxe version this AM at bestbuy for the randy price of $22.99. i was pleasantly surprised as i was expecting to pay a bit over $30. :)

This is a fucking great DVD i dont care what anyone says! One problem with mine though is that during LAPOE The sounds goes up and down! Very weired but apart fron that its perfect.

innominata8 said:

1st, why did they record this only 6 weeks into the tour? i saw them a few weeks ago in boston and the show was a much tighter show. as i was watching the dvd i kept thinking maybe they should have been on the road a few more months to work out the kinks, etc... they just seem more comfortable now having been out on the road for several months.

They needed a DVD ready to sell in time for the Christmas holiday. It'll sell better, this way. The almighty dollar: the same reason the shitty "vintage" t-shirts (t-shirts, mind you!) sold for like $700 dollars at the venues.

I was at the shows, though...so I guess I can live with it. In an ideal world, the band would've recorded the September Chi shows if they were hell-bent on preserving a show in that city. Much better, tighter, more energetic, and everything you mentioned. As a general rule, though, arena filming is a lot more compromising than stadium shoots are--you can't forget about the cameras like you can when you're in the midst of 40,000 people. It's the same reason that the Boston DVD for the Elevation Tour sucks so much ass. C'est la vie.

RavenBlue said:
For the Canucks, Futureshop has it on sale for $22.99 and I just checked the HMV site.. it's $28 bucks there.

:sad: I thought I was getting it as a deal for $25.99 at HMV (regular price is $37.99), but its $3 bucks cheaper at Futureshop/Best Buy

Ah well. I just got it! :)

I'm happy that the cover for the deluxe version is identical to the cover of the deluxe version of HTDAAB

well just ran to asda (wal-mart), as tesco once again failed to deliver my deluxe edition, so went to asda earlier and they had the one disk version so i picked that up, and i must say amazing DVD, and imo though flat, arent any flatter than on the elevation boston DVD :shrug:, so anyway would rank this above boston, but i find it hard to compare it to slane, i mean its pretty impossible and unfair to compare, i.e. slane 80.000 to chigago's 20,000, slane being in ireland, and vertigo being in chigago etc,

but i will compare the milan and slane DVDS :)

Take a rule from me:

When Buying a DVD at Futureshop or Bestbuy ALWAYS BUY IT THE FIRST DAY!!
Never buy at HMV they are crazy for DVD prices!!!

Why? Because its always on sale, the prices always go up the next day!!

btw I love the Chicago dvd, had to pick up the Madonna cd and Oprah dvd for the old gf. :mad:

But atleast I got my U2 dvd!!

zwervers2 said:

:rockon: funny how NO ONE changes around here....:wink:

I'm getting my copy today I hope...

Hey zwervers...:hug: Got my copy today too. Let us know what you think of it!

Haven´t seen the DVD yet, but reading the comments here and from U2star, I´m not excited at all.

I think U2 are wasting their time by filming such crappy concerts with an even more asleep and flat audience!.

I really believe that they´d shoot a DVD here in Chile, Brasil or Argentina at last !!!! THAT¨S A CROWD!!!!!
(Does anyone have seen Pop Mart Santiago 2 DVD version here?. Someone wrote here that in Chicago DVD you can count the people jumping during Streets... in Santiago you can count the people that are NOT jumping and singing during streets
:yes: :rockon: :heart: :bow:

So for those ones who belong to the U2 team here :wink: ...
ACHTUNG ! we are waiting for U2... WE WILL ROCK U2 :bump: :shocked:

Let´s film a DVD in Chile, Brasil or Argentina :drool:

Just got my copy this afternoon. Was really impressed with some of it, dissapointed with a few things, but overall it's a great DVD.

People mentioned it before but the crowd is really dead for a lot of the show, I was at 5/9 and 5/10 and i didn't notice. But it's true, I'm wondering if it's as bad as the Boston DVD....

I love the way they made this DVD, some great shots and camera angles, good directing.

COBL is amazing, really spectacular. There's a middle part where it gets a little boring, I skipped through Bono's speech in the middle of SBS, Pride is kind of dull....I thought "Streets" was really good.

Highlights:
-Electric Co (amazing)
-Running to Stand Still (really great closeups of Bono, sounds great.
-I like the audio mix, especiallys Adams basslines really come through.

Last edited:
Okay. I've just watched the first 2:30 minutes of this, and I thought that was just gorgeous! It really brought back the feeling when you hear "Wake Up" and know the fun is about to start!

I am glad I didn't sell my ticket for Nov. 21. Oh, am I glad I didn't sell my ticket!!!!

*goes back to watching DVD*

Oh, one more point...Best Buy had only one copy of the deluxe DVD on their display. I bought it, of course...

Last edited:
Diane L said:
Okay. I've just watched the first 2:30 minutes of this, and I thought that was just gorgeous! It really brought back the feeling when you hear "Wake Up" and know the fun is about to start!

yup, I love the way the concert starts, they really captured it well.

I had trouble finding the deluxe version too! Had to hit 3 stores before finding a single copy!!! How frustrating!

ponkine said:
Haven´t seen the DVD yet, but reading the comments here and from U2star, I´m not excited at all.

I think U2 are wasting their time by filming such crappy concerts with an even more asleep and flat audience!.

I really believe that they´d shoot a DVD here in Chile, Brasil or Argentina at last !!!! THAT¨S A CROWD!!!!!
(Does anyone have seen Pop Mart Santiago 2 DVD version here?. Someone wrote here that in Chicago DVD you can count the people jumping during Streets... in Santiago you can count the people that are NOT jumping and singing during streets
:yes: :rockon: :heart: :bow:

So for those ones who belong to the U2 team here :wink: ...
ACHTUNG ! we are waiting for U2... WE WILL ROCK U2 :bump: :shocked:

Let´s film a DVD in Chile, Brasil or Argentina :drool:

Blah, blah, blah. My Country has better crowds than (fill in the blank) Blah blah blah.

Just watched it.

In summary, it would probably have been better had they waited until the outdoor concerts in Europe because they seemed to have more atmosphere - well, at least the one I went to did. Plus the playing is better later on - a DVD of the Twickenham performance would have been excellent.

The only thing that will great with the rabid perfectionist fans on here is the amount of mistakes. There are quite a few, but they are "in the spirit of things", as a man once said. Many will sob at Bullet The Blue Sky for a start.

Having said all that, it's better than both Slane and Boston. But not as good as Zoo TV or PopMart. The same goes for Bono's voice.

i really have to say, surprisingly, Yahweh is one of the highlights of the DVD

some great camera angles on this one

I called the local music store that's on my bus route home, and they said they're expecting a couple of the deluxe editions ... whenever UPS shows up. :ohmy:

Here's hoping they have them by 5:00 tonight, or I'll have to schlep to Best Buy. And the money I save at Best Buy will have been spent on gas and the time I spend sitting in traffic. :mad:

Can't wait to see it!

the documentary is pretty good, I like the deluxe edition basically because of the cover and the package it comes in.

Probably never watch the documentary again, but it's alright.

put it this way, I think for a die hard like myself, it's worth it, but I just bought the DVD for a friend's birthday as well, and I got her the regular version.

cerveza said:
does the documentary show anything of the band, or is it just all techie stuff?

shows the band meeting people before the show, shows the band doing some rehearsal stuff, shows the band just before the show, shows the band as they leave

they all wear robes when they leave the venue :giggle:

The documentary has a few things with Bono in it, like him getting a birthday cake and stuff, mostly interviews with fans/techie people/paul mcguinnes, gavin friday etc...

I really like techie stuff, though, and I think they edited it together real well. Some people might be bored, but I wasn't. They used great songs in the background - Red Hill Mining Town, Lady With The Spinning Head, and Acrobat come to mind. They talked about the Zoo Station intro, light curtains, GA process.

The end with 40 going in the background is really well put together. You can tell most of it was filmed the 7th.

Chizip said:

they all wear robes when they leave the venue :giggle:

And that's why I bought it :reject:

I've watched a little more of the DVD, and wanted to make one more observation: Bono's daughters each have had a special moment on a U2 video. Eve danced with her dad to "Mysterious Ways" on Slane, and Bono dedicates "Original of the Species" to Jordan for her birthday. The girls were also on that "Peter & The Wolf" video a couple of years ago.

Such a good dad! :cute:

the surviellence footage is the stupidest thing ever. will anybody actually watch that more than once, if even once?

Back
Top Bottom