MERGED--> ALL European GA Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i got twickenham tickets - both fanclub andn ormal and both have gate F as entrance which is right at the back of the stadium.
what gate does everyone else have.

I can tell you how it was in Gelsenkirchen , I wasnt "on the floor" but got to see it all anyway.
They put up extra signs all around the arena so you wouldnt miss them ,directing all GA ticket holders to 1 gate and the que at this gate , by the time we got there went right round the whole arena.So get there early , get a place in the que, send your buddy or whoever your with on a scout mission round the whole place to make sure your in the right que and wait.
As far as I know they got given wristbands so they could wonder in and out. I can go 100% on that when the kack U2tour site is up again(been down the whole day).

General GA lineup Questions

Well kinda anyway...

I've never been to a big stadium concert before and plan to arrive in manchester at about 10.30am with a friend who's a casual U2 fan - is 10.30 really too early to be queing - if we got there about 2 generally how close to the front have been found themselves in the past?

Also, if we did being queing from 10.30 does anybody know the policy on drinking? I dont plan to get drunk, just 1 or 2 to warm myself up a bit - i'm guessing this wont be allowed though - anyone know for sure?

Sorry, these questions have probably been ASKED a million times so far but I'm kinda nervous that the whole pre-concert part of the da is going to be miserable and put me in a bit of a dodgy mood for the show!

How early should you line up...

How early should you line up the get close to the stage and withen that first "barrier/fenced off" area?

Any suggestions for Twickenham?

Read this!!! for you SRO ers

GA Admission, European Shows

For the European shows, there is a different entrance procedure to that for the indoor venues in North America.

As each venue is different, some of the new procedures are still being 'tested.'

Here's what we know so far:

The elipse is not an enclosed area in the European stadiums. It is part of a more general barricaded area at the front of the floor. This front area has a full capacity of around 4,000 people.

There is no selection process to get inside this front barricaded area. Entrance is on a first-come, first-served basis.

There is no queuing permitted ouside the before nine am on the morning of the show.

There will be re-entry allowed into this area for those who get in - so that people can buy drinks, go to the bathroom etc. Re-entry will be through a stamping system or, in some cases, a writstband system.

The vibe on the floor should be especially brilliant because most of the GA ticketholders are U2.Com Subscribers like yourselves! We'll keep you updated!

9am rule - how?

so aparently the European shows aren't allowing any queuing before 9am the day of the concert.
anyone have any idea how they're going to enforce that?
surely people who wanna be there early are just gonna gather nearby and then rampage the entry gates as the clock strikes 9am?

Last edited:
you don't queue, you hoiter. It's a combination of hovering and looking like your loitering.

Re: 9am rule - how?

digsy said:
so aparently the European shows aren't allowing any queuing before 9am the day of the concert.

I just spoke to my bro' about what time to get to Twickenham and he said it's not like Wembley, which was in a massive convention/retail area, but in a residential area, literally surrounded by houses.

They usually erect a one-way barricade system but often open those barricades at a random point, so even if you start to queue along the barricade, you could find yourself at the wrong end when they open it. They must get a really vindictive kick out of watching all the early birds, who were told not to arrive too early, suddenly realise they're not first in the queue after all!!

Re: 9am rule - how?

digsy said:

I just spoke to my bro' about what time to get to Twickenham and he said it's not like Wembley, which was in a massive convention/retail area, but in a residential area, literally surrounded by houses.

They usually erect a one-way barricade system but often open those barricades at a random point, so even if you start to queue along the barricade, you could find yourself at the wrong end when they open it. They must get a really vindictive kick out of watching all the early birds, who were told not to arrive too early, suddenly realise they're not first in the queue after all!!

I'm going to Twickenham on the 19th and I am planning to get there for around 11am, as I have a parking permit for a nearby car park. I should get in the queue for U2.com members for around 11.30am, which is four and a half hours before the doors open, I hope that is early enough.

digsy said:
i got twickenham tickets - both fanclub andn ormal and both have gate F as entrance which is right at the back of the stadium.
what gate does everyone else have.

Mine are gate H. There are 2 entrances for GA ticket holders. It's gonna madness, I tell you ... MADNESS !!!

:huh: :huh:

How long does it take for the stage side barrier to fill up?

Looking for info from those who have attended the stadium shows, and i'm wondering roughly by what time the barrier has filled up?

I was planning on queuing early but a couple of the people I'm going with are intending on going to a pub first so I'm trying to figure out some sort of compromise where we can go to the pub and still get in the barrier.

oh god i'm soo confused!!!!
i have NO idea what time to get there on saturday now!!!

i was at both manchester shows and the gate i was at was at the back end of the stadium(opposite the stage) the front barrier was run on a first come first serve basis, the front section holds about 4,000 people so there is a good chance of getting in if you are willing to wait. 1st nite i qued from 8am and second nite i qued from 2pm and got in both times. :drool:

I have Gate H and I want a good spot. I'd be gutted if I got there early and they let people in who arrived later.

Is There A Pre-Salw Que at the European Shows??

Will there be a pre-sale ticket que at Croker??

Ive been asking this everywhere including TM but i cant find out

PS: PLEASE DONT MOVE THIS THREAD!!!:sad:

I merged because the question has been asked before in this thread, and the answer thus far has been no, no special queue for U2.com members...

Yay Dublin! :hyper:

I'm planning going through to Glasgow tomorrow a bit earlier to try and get into the enclosure. Does anyone have any idea how early I'm going to have to start queuing to have any chance at all?

1pm is fine. like manchester. even london was ok.
and its also a wwekday so not many can spend all day there

Back
Top Bottom