Live8 Setlist Party Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

Oh I was directed to some post you made about the 1983 Countdown awards... I just wanted to know what went down to make you despise Enz/House etc. :sad: :wink:

Shabooh Shoobah was my favourite album at the time. I thought that album was so good I used to cry listening to it. lol. Split Enz were huge. One of the biggest bands around. At the Countdown Awards INXS and Split Enz were nominated in the same categories. I was convinced that 1983 was going to be the year INXS won the awards, especially as they were up against dinosaurs.

Split Enz swept the awards, won everything . I cried for months, not days, months. I was devastated. Split Enx were old, how could they beat INXS?

It took until about 1989 before I could listen to Crowded House, and about another decade before I could listen to Split Enz, I was that scarred by it all.

INXS played at Live Aid too. RIP Michael (and Paul Hester)

VintagePunk said:
Hi, does anyone know what time Floyd will be on approximately? I have to go board my dog at a kennel at 3, but don't want to miss Floyd. :sad:

Floyd is almost last. I would give them another 7 hours or so?

I don't think they will play this song by Audioslave on TV:wink:

beli said:

Shabooh Shoobah was my favourite album at the time. I thought that album was so good I used to cry listening to it. lol. Split Enz were huge. One of the biggest bands around. At the Countdown Awards INXS and Split Enz were nominated in the same categories. I was convinced that 1983 was going to be the year INXS won the awards, especially as they were up against dinosaurs.

Split Enz swept the awards, won everything . I cried for months, not days, months. I was devastated. Split Enx were old, how could they beat INXS?

It took until about 1989 before I could listen to Crowded House, and about another decade before I could listen to Split Enz, I was that scarred by it all.

INXS played at Live Aid too. RIP Michael (and Paul Hester)

:up:

Thanks for sharing! :bow:

Respect. I think what's sad how poorly records of that era of music are kept. Seriously even up to early 90's Aria Award records I cannot find anywhere - let alone tapes of them. I'm dissapointed I never got to live through the era where most of my favourite bands were coming through (Enz/House, Oils, U2, Hunnas, INXS to a point etc etc) - and theres really piss poor footage of it. Where the Countdown Awards respected at all? Meldrum was involved so my hopes arent high. :wink:

The funny thing is, how I found you're post was I said somthing like... "I'm probably bitter at INXS because of how little credit Enz/House get in Australia compared to INXS - hype and historically wise - when tangibly they are probably more popular" which was exactly the opposite of what you said in a completely different thread. Bizzare posts on bizzare topics but anyways. Thanks so much for sharing. That era rules my world :rockon:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom