Is there going to be a DVD for the 3rd leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

Imagine though having An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, Zoo Station, The Fly and Original Of the Species on one DVD. Now that would be cool! I wish they would do that! :laugh: :hmm:

CROKE PARK 6-27-2005 setlist:

Main Set: Vertigo, All Because of You, Gloria, Elevation, An Cat Dubh - Into the Heart, Beautiful Day - Blackbird, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Original of the Species, Bad - Dirty Old Town, City of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still - Happy Birthday - Walk On, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One - Unchained Melody

Encore(s): Zoo Station, The Fly, With or Without You, Vertigo, Yahweh, 40

I WANT THIS ON DVD!! :drool: :drool:

Comments: It's party time for the 3rd and final Dublin gig. Gloria, An Cat Dubh - Into the Heart, Original of the Species, Bad, and 40 all make their European Tour debuts. Miracle Drug is played for Christopher Nolan, who is at the show. Bono tells Nolan's story, which inspired the song. Bono sings a bit of 'Black Hills of Dakota' at the end of Sometimes You Can't Make It.... Tonight's show, like Saturday's, is filmed.

Of course I was joking, as the songs I listed are on the Chicago DVD obviously.

Regarding Dublin, it was filmed, but according to Willie for archival purposes only. Basically they didnt have the full production crew and camera contingent they typically do for a full DVD/video shoot (they also typically add lighting for a shoot, which also was not done for Dublin). I doubt any of the Dublin shows from Vertigo will see any type of full DVD release. Some bonus clips could appear on a DVD at some point, but not the whole show or shows.

Personnaly, I would love a dvd of the 4th leg, considering they´re gonna tour the rest of the world it would be fine to have a sort of compendium of all the nations they will hit

For example: 4 songs live in Brazil, 4 in Argentina, 4 in Japan, 4 in Australia and so on, spaced by some interviews of the guys talking about the tour, personal feelings inherent at the songs and so on and so on.........
such a thing would be cool, in my opinion

babyman said:
Personnaly, I would love a dvd of the 4th leg, considering they´re gonna tour the rest of the world it would be fine to have a sort of compendium of all the nations they will hit

For example: 4 songs live in Brazil, 4 in Argentina, 4 in Japan, 4 in Australia and so on, spaced by some interviews of the guys talking about the tour, personal feelings inherent at the songs and so on and so on.........
such a thing would be cool, in my opinion

Please mate no. We had taht with rattle and hum. Personally im more interested in getting the U2 live exprience from DVD's rather than a movie out of it. by all means have a bonus disk of the guys talking about their music but don't make it the focus.

Let the music (and a whole unedited concert) do the talking

Blue Room said:
Of course I was joking, as the songs I listed are on the Chicago DVD obviously.

Regarding Dublin, it was filmed, but according to Willie for archival purposes only. Basically they didnt have the full production crew and camera contingent they typically do for a full DVD/video shoot (they also typically add lighting for a shoot, which also was not done for Dublin). I doubt any of the Dublin shows from Vertigo will see any type of full DVD release. Some bonus clips could appear on a DVD at some point, but not the whole show or shows.

You make it sound like this show was filmed "bare" but then again, Slane Castle 2 was stripped down. I think Dublin 3 is a "Slane 2" if you will...

I would love to see this on DVD, it would be very reminiscent of The Joshua Tree and UF era, where they performed. I think we should start an online petition to release this on DVD!!

theu2fly said:

You make it sound like this show was filmed "bare" but then again, Slane Castle 2 was stripped down. I think Dublin 3 is a "Slane 2" if you will...

I would love to see this on DVD, it would be very reminiscent of The Joshua Tree and UF era, where they performed. I think we should start an online petition to release this on DVD!!

Not true. Slane 2 was shot with a full production crew with the intention of releasing it or using it for TV at some point. Bottom line is Dublin Vertigo was not shot for any type of official release. Knowing how picky the band are on quality I seriously doubt it will ever see the light of day other than in ways like I mentioned previously. Online petitions are useless. The Slane DVD was going to be released anyway, the petition had nothing to do with that one.

Back
Top Bottom