If U2 did a "Morrissey"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronan2standstil

The Fly
I know this won't happen, but may be interesting to speculate. When I saw Morrissey last year he opened with "How Soon is Now" to a predictably rapturous response. Now if U2 were to do t the same and open the setlist with a back catalogue number to get the crowd going, which would be the most spectacluar opening? My 3 are:

1. Streets
2. Out of Control
3. New Years Day

BTW I love COBL and think it the best opener since Streets, maybe ever

U2 has opened with old songs before, most notably 11 O'clock Tick Tock for most of The Unforgettable Fire Tour in 1984-85. That, Streets, and Hawkmoon 269 would be my picks for old songs to open.

I don't believe they'll open with Streets since it's still very much light when the show starts, and I'm afraid you'll miss the "Streets effect" if you play this song in broad daylight. (though it might be light during the entire concert in Oslo and Gothenburg)

I doubt they'd open with Streets since they think it to be the heart or centerpiece of the show. Especially now with the whole Pride-Streets-One Africa thing, would never happen. I could actually see them open with Out of Control since it gets such a good crowd response, although I highly doubt it. More likely that it would open the encore if they continue to play it.

pax said:
What a fucking awesome opener "Hawkmoon 269" would be. :drool:

It'll never happen, of course, but...

I find Edge's intro to 'Blinding Lights' in the live show VERY remenicent of 'Hawkmoon' live... anyone else?

pax said:
What a fucking awesome opener "Hawkmoon 269" would be. :drool:

It'll never happen, of course, but...

What dirty language coming from such cute little fingers!! :wink:

(Pls don't send Ewen after me):reject:

Last edited:
2Hearts said:

What dirty language coming from such cute little fingers!! :wink:

(Pls don't send Ewen after me...:reject:)

:laugh:

I'd never bet against him in a fight. That said, he's actually quite a gentle dude.

If U2 did a Morrissey? How do you mean, put out an album of songs written for and about depressed students in bedsits?

(only kidding,I like Morrissey)

Man, Morrissey played How Soon is Now??? When I saw him he only played "everyday is like Sunday" and "There is a Light", both good songs mind you but to have heard "How Soon" GAH!

It wont happen again....
Only song we could see from Rattle and Hum is Desire, and prehaps All I Want Is You.

I'd like to see them Open with Streets sometimeon the Euro leg.

Back
Top Bottom