Fan Action in Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
not THAT kind of action :angry:

I'm talking about the Poland Flag in Poland, or the baloons somewhere else.. or the HI BOB! in Italy...

what other fan actions have happened this tour?...

it's because here in Chile we want to do something too..

so...

1 - Poland Falg, Poland
2 - HI BOB!, Italy
3 - ...

please let me know... :D

PS: my ideas... there are 2 or 3

1 - to have "1, 2, 3, 14" signs for when Bono shouts 1, 2, 3 ,14 (the best but most complex idea)
2 - to releace RED, WHITE and BLUE (Chilean flag colors) baloons at the beginning, in City Of Blinding Lights (a lot easier and cheaper)
3 - release WHITE baloons right when Beautiful Day kicks in the chorus

what do you think?... oh, and :shh:

Good luck. I like the white balloon idea. I know in Portland some of us are having Thank You signs passed out for folks to hold up at a certain point in the first encore.....at the Dallas show people had lightsticks and we tried that in Las Vegas. I think a lot of it has to do with the crowd and the venue.

personally, i think the fan action things are kind of lame

no offense to anybody who likes them or has partaken in them :shifty:

Chizip said:

I agree. The first one, the Polish one during New Year's Day, was not only really cool and original, but very appropriate.

Now it's just getting repetitive and unoriginal.

2 - to releace RED, WHITE and BLUE (Chilean flag colors) baloons at the beginning, in City Of Blinding Lights (a lot easier and cheaper) [/B]

Agree with the others: repetitive makes it boring.
And they will probably open with Vertigo, not COBL, because it's a stadium show (is it ?)

Carek1230 said:
I know in Portland some of us are having Thank You signs passed out for folks to hold up at a certain point in the first encore.

If that works out and you can get a lot of people involved that would be truly something. Imagine how the boys would react to seeing an arena full of fans with big thank you signs all held up as one? I get goosebumps at the visual!

Chizip said:

What he said

In Montreal (Nov. 26th), a radio station had given out 5000 blinkey-light things... it was an amazing sight (along with all the cell phone lights for COBL), plus it kept going for quite a few songs. It was really, really, really cool. This wasn't a premedidated fan-action, just a cool Montreal-ish thing to do.

I had 200 white balloons for opening night. I was going to set it up for them to be blown up in the BS when the intro to 'Streets' started but the lottery messed it up.

YellowKite said:

If that works out and you can get a lot of people involved that would be truly something. Imagine how the boys would react to seeing an arena full of fans with big thank you signs all held up as one? I get goosebumps at the visual!

But is is a fan action and it is lame... :sad:

:wink:

Axver said:

I agree. The first one, the Polish one during New Year's Day, was not only really cool and original, but very appropriate.

Now it's just getting repetitive and unoriginal.

So ... there've been, what - three or so fan actions this tour? That's hardly enough to become repetitive.

Is it the actual thing during the concert that you guys don't like, or all the talk on the boards about planning them?

Axver said:

What are we talking about again?

What forum am I posting on?

Who am I?

:confused:

you are iLuVcOldPlAy285 and you were just posting about how much you love the song Fix You in the forum dedicated solely to the song Fix You.

AtomicBono said:

you are iLuVcOldPlAy285 and you were just posting about how much you love the song Fix You in the forum dedicated solely to the song Fix You.

I think I may just have to slap you for mentioning "Fix You" not once, BUT TWICE, in a single sentence. :mad:

i think the band actually enjoys the 'fan appreciation' things... in montreal for the blinky-lights, bono actually changed a verse of one of the songs when they were all lit up, acknowleding how cool it looked. (sorry, but i'm drawing a blank on which song--maybe BD?)

I've realized something... unless the baloons are blown with helium, they won't fly away... so Nº2 and 3 should be left out, don't you think?

if someone cant figure out why its lame by themself then that probably means they are lame too

:wink:

pepokiss said:
I've realized something... unless the baloons are blown with helium, they won't fly away... so Nº2 and 3 should be left out, don't you think?

Good observation

Back
Top Bottom