Extortionate ticket prices!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dark_babey_gurl

Babyface
Hi everyone,

I'm a british memebr of the site who is trying to get tickets to see the boys in Dublin. I just went to buy them and realised it will cost $350 for me and my boyfriend to go. Like what's going on? Could someone please explain why this has happened! I know I'm probably way behind on whats happening and everything.
I'm tempted not to go at that price, but I really want to. Surely they can't cost that much?

Thanks for any advice guys.

Advice is they do cost that much!!
Standing ones should be cheaper, unless they have all gone...

If so try paris, I got tickets for 50 quid each and it is as cheap to go there as it is in Dublin., although of course no way near as good...

Wow.. I just bought 4 GA tickets for Amsterdam for 300 euro. 75 euro each. Thats something like $425,- .. Thats still pretty steep. Keep in mind though that this is at current exchange rates. in 2001 the dollar was up about 50% making them a very reasonable $240..

In Euro's the price has gone up about 15 euro compared to the 55 euro 2001 tickets.. thats not too bad I think

Thanks guys, I still feel we are blatantly getting ripped off but I really want to see the boys *sigh*. So will pay the £250.
That ticket price is for standing general entry! That's why I was moaning before...I have to go to Dublin coz thats where my bloke lives and I think the atmosphere will be buzzing when U2 hit Dublin that night!
Another question... do standing tickets mean you can get near the front if you're in early? So would camping out overnight give us an advantage?? Seriously!

Back
Top Bottom