Brussels Rehearsal Setlist Party--- Part Three!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bye byee:wave:
See all you dorks tomorrow
knuffel.gif
:hug:

Ok, so it ended with Yahweh?

I have to wonder if U2 are deliberately playing their cards close to their chest and keeping the surprises until actual shows. IF THE ADAM QUOTE IS REAL (remember, it comes from a radio DJ, not Adam himself), they may be deliberately holding these songs until an actual show, or maybe they rehearsed them and decided they didn't work.

There are lots of possibilities here. All in all, though, it is worth noting that U2 don't normally change their setlist between tour legs. Go look at ZooTV, Popmart, and Elevation: same set in Europe as in the US.

I still believe the band have kept some stuff back, though. It should be interesting to see what is coming in the next month or two. The set will evolve: whoever saw Bad closing a few US shows? The surprises may not happen tomorrow but I'm confident SOMETHING will happen soon.

nurse chrissi said:

Intro "Everyone"
Vertigo
Until The End Of The World
Cry / The Electric Co.
Elevation

:love: That's a great beginning! :rockon:

You knwo what would make it even more kick ass? This:

Vertigo
Until The End Of The World
The Electric Co.
Elevation
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

That would be prefection, specially if the followed that with City Of Blinding Lights -- Beautiful Day.... :drool:

Axver said:
Ok, so it ended with Yahweh?

I have to wonder if U2 are deliberately playing their cards close to their chest and keeping the surprises until actual shows. IF THE ADAM QUOTE IS REAL (remember, it comes from a radio DJ, not Adam himself), they may be deliberately holding these songs until an actual show, or maybe they rehearsed them and decided they didn't work.

There are lots of possibilities here. All in all, though, it is worth noting that U2 don't normally change their setlist between tour legs. Go look at ZooTV, Popmart, and Elevation: same set in Europe as in the US.

I still believe the band have kept some stuff back, though. It should be interesting to see what is coming in the next month or two. The set will evolve: whoever saw Bad closing a few US shows? The surprises may not happen tomorrow but I'm confident SOMETHING will happen soon.

I hope you are right axver althoug I don't think zooropa (the song) will make a comeback :wink:

maybe songs like HMTMKMKM or please/gone show up and another oldie from boy or october..Damn I wish they would drop pride for unforgettable fire or homecomming instead would be so cool to hear UF flow into streets :drool:

Who's gives a shit about Crumbs and Electrical Storm..play some friggin Zooropa or Pop songs. :madspit:

Wow, I wont say I told you so, but I did!! ;) :laugh:

Seriously, did anyone really think there would be a drastic setlist change pattern just because they were going to stadiums? Some of you made a good call by indicating they might open with Vertigo in Europe a few weeks ago (I thought it was possible, but doubted it would be done first for the first Euro show), but to think U2 would pull out a complete setlist change, different order with a bunch of different songs that hadn't been done on this tour yet, for the first show with a new stage concept were on the wishful thinking mode completely. Look back to the last time they went from arenas only to stadiums only in the same tour. Zoo TV indoor to Outside Broadcast. The first show they did (officially anyway) in New Jersey they reverted back to the exact same setlist they were doing in arenas for the first outdoor show. They played it safe. Same thing happening here.

The setlist will evolve and some of the songs mentioned will be done and probebly some of the order will be tweaked. But the basic setlist structure will remain intact for most shows. Now some shows where they play 3 nights (IE Dublin) could see something special on that third night, looking forward to that setlist thread!

Crumbs From Your Table will be played, may not be tomorrow night though. I think Electrical Storm will appear also at some point and some POP songs may also surface. I'm still very skeptical on any of Zooropa (except Stay) being done. As I have also said before, take what the band members say about playing specific songs with a grain of salt. Sometimes things get exaggerated, taken out of context or things just flat out change.

Here's a tidbit from u2log about tonight's show:

"Sometimes You can't Make It On Your Own seemed to start with the sound of a heartbeat and a flatline"......wow, that sounds brutal.

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:

Sometimes You can't Make It On Your Own seemed to start with the sound of a heartbeat and a flatline......wow, that sounds brutal.

wow

I don't think I could handle that heartbeat/flatline intro.

I'm glad they didn't do that for the first leg.

ramblin rose said:

"Sometimes You can't Make It On Your Own seemed to start with the sound of a heartbeat and a flatline"......wow, that sounds brutal.

wow - I couldn't handle that one. talk about gutwrenching

ramblin rose said:

That was the one song that made me choke up 1st leg...If they carry that on for the rest of the tour, it'll be quite the emotional hammer each show.

Vertigo - sucks
Until The End Of The World - sucks
Cry / The Electric Co. - sucks
Elevation - sucks
New Year's Day - sucks
Beautiful Day - sucks
City Of Blinding Lights - sucks
Miracle Drug - sucks
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - sucks
Love And Peace Or Else - sucks
Sunday Bloody Sunday - sucks
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America - sucks/sucks
Running To Stand Still - sucks
Pride (In The Name Of Love) - :scratch:
Where The Streets Have No Name - BORRRRING
One - worst U2 song ever

Zoo Station - sucks
The Fly - sucks
Mysterious Ways - sucks

All Because Of You - sucks
Yahweh - sucks

Can we not get at least 1 GOOD song? Geez.

:)wink:)

2Hearts said:
Vertigo - sucks
Until The End Of The World - sucks
Cry / The Electric Co. - sucks
Elevation - sucks
New Year's Day - sucks
Beautiful Day - sucks
City Of Blinding Lights - sucks
Miracle Drug - sucks
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - sucks
Love And Peace Or Else - sucks
Sunday Bloody Sunday - sucks
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America - sucks/sucks
Running To Stand Still - sucks
Pride (In The Name Of Love) - :scratch:
Where The Streets Have No Name - BORRRRING
One - worst U2 song ever

Zoo Station - sucks
The Fly - sucks
Mysterious Ways - sucks

All Because Of You - sucks
Yahweh - sucks

Can we not get at least 1 GOOD song? Geez.

:)wink:)

:lol:

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, infact I think that's a bit too much.

Palace_Hero said:

That sounds pathetically corny and would be more suited to the cheesy atmosphere of the American gigs.

How many of the American shows did you see to be able to come to the "cheesy" conclusion ?

Back
Top Bottom