Best Performance so far is???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's all a moot point b/c we all know when the 21st of May rolls around and U2 blows the roof off of the worlds most famous arena, MSG, by opening with COBL in the city and crowd the song was actually written for at which point all other shows will be playing for 2nd place!!!!:applaud:

Last edited:
Phoenix 2 was amazing for the tour debut of "Bad" alone. Not to mention a solid & tight performance to boot. "Bad"was unexpected which made it more sensational. There was just a nice connection between the fans and the band that night, words can hardly explain. To say it was the best of the tour so far, i woudn't know, only went to both Phoenix shows. Great show none-the-less.

unless you've been to or heard every show, how can you possibly know?

i'm just sayin...:slant:

i can say that phoenix 2 is the closest i've been to heaven since the joshua tree tour, though.

Oops , I posted earlier that a couple of girls from @U2.com had seen 7 shows and rated Seattle 1 above Vancouver 1 as the best so far, BUT apparently based on the comments here I must have made a mistake and should have said

Seattle 2 was chosen first with Van 1 behind for the slightly more energy reason. Just to clear up my mistake, plus these girls did have perspective as they had seen multiple shows on this tour.

It's interesting that almost every show being mentioned was the Gloria/Bad setlist. I saw Seattle 1 and 2 and Vancouver 2, and I would agree that Seattle 2 was the best, eventhough I really missed 40.

I was up high for seattle 1, a few back from the elipse for sea2 and inside the elipse for Van 2. I loved the location for van 2, but it lacked the emotional intensity of seattle 2.

It would seem that they might be fliming the wrong setlist because Gloria and Bad were a big part of why seattle 2 was so great. Although, Electric Co was one of the highlights of the other two shows I saw.

Coov said:

It would seem that they might be fliming the wrong setlist because Gloria and Bad were a big part of why seattle 2 was so great. Although, Electric Co was one of the highlights of the other two shows I saw.

Based on being in the ellipse myself for Van 2 and in Section 116 for Van 1, I would say it was much louder and energized standing at my seats for Van 1 than being in the Bomb Shelter the next night. You might have a point about the "Gloria" and "Bad" nights. Those shows that have these songs really stand out so far.

JR#9 said:
It's all a moot point b/c we all know when the 21st of May rolls around and U2 blows the roof off of the worlds most famous arena, MSG, by opening with COBL in the city and crowd the song was actually written for at which point all other shows will be playing for 2nd place!!!!:applaud:

Then you guys wonder why the rest of us don't give a shit about your big fancy east coast cities...

I should add this: :wink:

I'm from New York...saw the MSG shows and the Chicago shows and nothing beats Chicago 4. There's something about the energy between the Chicago crowd and U2 that is beyond description....which is probably why they chose to film the DVD there. i can't describe the feeling.

Its amazing how many people live in the city that hosted the absolute BEST show of the tour. I live in the sticks so U2 won't be coming to my town, but if they did it would really be amazing. The crowd would be great and the band just wouldn't be able to get enough of us. They wouldn't want to leave the stage. Because me and my town are different than any other crowd in the WORLD! The BEST!

Having said that, I'll go with Chicago IV. And I have to admit that Chicago seems to have a lot of great bootlegs over the years. Two classics from 85 and I think 87.

Uh hmmm- two of you mentioned BAD being played LAST night----------------last night was the 24th- in Boston and BAD was NOT played. Check your setlists! Totally amazing show -Bono was electric and the band rocked!Maybe BAD will fit in Thurs or Sat.
(the very last show of this leg)

DanB said:
Its amazing how many people live in the city that hosted the absolute BEST show of the tour. I live in the sticks so U2 won't be coming to my town, but if they did it would really be amazing. The crowd would be great and the band just wouldn't be able to get enough of us. They wouldn't want to leave the stage. Because me and my town are different than any other crowd in the WORLD! The BEST!

Having said that, I'll go with Chicago IV. And I have to admit that Chicago seems to have a lot of great bootlegs over the years. Two classics from 85 and I think 87.

I went to Chicago 2 and 4 and Chicago 4 was :drool: :drool: :drool: Esp Elevation :drool:
I'd say maybe his voice was a little weak for Vertigo though.

I have only seen LA2 and Philly2 so far - Philly blew LA out of the water (and I am from LA, so this is not hometown bias speaking)!

Who really knows....
I hope they feel they Deliver the Goods every nite so it is fair to think some performances are great!
On a local note I am delighted for the Passion expressed on this board and was on the Floor last nite and hope to see another great performance Saturday nite !
Enjoy !

Back
Top Bottom