Arcade Fire to open for U2 on 3 Canadian Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pop_mofo

Acrobat
Check it out at U2tours.com

I wish I was seeing them in Montreal or Ottawa. Funeral is just one fo the most amazing albums in recent history.

Those shows should be amazing.

Cheers

this is kinda like ZOOTV when the disposable heroes of hiphoprasy opened and their song was playing over the loud speakers before u2 went on.

Ahhhgg man....
i just bought a ticket to see arcade fire on their own small tour in oct And now it looks like i'll see them for free in Nov. Oh well, seeing a good band twice is better than seeing Kings of Leon at all.:wink:

Holy freaking crap, that's actually quite impressive. :up:

PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE DECENT PLAY SLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome!

other than broken social scene, u2 couldn't have found a better band to open for them!

that is so so awesome.

are they booked for any shows in November? I hope they open for U2 a few more times (namely ATL). I want to see them so bad it hurts. :drool:

edit: just kidding I looked at the link...that's so cruel that they're opening for U2 less than a week *after* my show.:grumpy:

Doesn't look likely for the October ones, but it would be fab if they opened the November NYC shows, or Boston in December.

A lot of the dates that Arcade Fire are playing in the Fall aren't too far off of the U2 dates.

I just saw this news on "Us Kids know.."

HEY....a song lyric I have had in my head all day now (I woke up to this song).

I'm sure that U2 will even use another track for their intro... Arcade Fire will surely play Wake Up in their own set... Besides, in the Arena's the 'Everybody' is the intro...

Actually for the October NY shows I hope they do what they did for Elevation 3rd leg in NYC...have a different opener each night, we got all three main openers that way. :)

I could see the crowd in Montreal being extremely loud for the Arcade Fire... possibly even louder than for U2. I bet Bono will notice and say something...

Even though i'll be very proud and happy to go to the see the show on the 28th and seing our local hero opening for perhaps the biggest band of the past 25 years,it is a gutsy move by U2 to ask for The Arcade fire to open the Montreal shows.As Zoomacphisto800 said,there's a huge chance the crowd WILL be,at least,as loud for them than for U2..

But never the less,that should make for one hell of an evening.Who knows,maybe Bono will ask to The Arcade fire to join them on stage after"Yahweh" and finishing the evening with both bands playing "Wake up"

..just dreaming...

Last edited:
Just curious, how many non canadiens had ever heard of Arcade Fire before the Vertigo Tour? I think it is interesting to think about over the years how many bands I have been exposed to because of U2.

That being said, I am still holding out for Keane for Oakland, SLC, or Portland.

cmb737 said:
Just curious, how many non canadiens had ever heard of Arcade Fire before the Vertigo Tour? I think it is interesting to think about over the years how many bands I have been exposed to because of U2.

Good point. The only reason I've heard of The Arcade Fire is because of Wake Up as the intro to the show. Now they're one of my favorite bands.

cmb737 said:

I got "Funeral" about a year ago a few months after it came out and it's still my favorite album of last year. I think it's fantastic that U2 are exposing them to a new and wider audience.

i got an e-mail about this (im on the Us Kids Know mailing list) and it seems like its just the three dates in Canada..

Back
Top Bottom